Sign in to follow this  
Leewan

[MOC] Claw Beast

I like how you made it feel like a whole different beast.

Specifically though the hands were probably the most outstanding to me.

Incredible! I'm actually tempted to buy Splitter Beast just to try this build! Do you have better pics of the back assembly?

Thank you !

Do you have better pics of the back assembly?

Better than that, I have a LDD file. :sweet: Only the head is missing, and the hands' claws aren't attached because I couldn't. And I've created some groups for the different sub-assemblies, such as the legs, or the body... So you'll easily be able to see how the back assembly is done.

Thank you !

Better than that, I have a LDD file. :sweet: Only the head is missing, and the hands' claws aren't attached because I couldn't. And I've created some groups for the different sub-assemblies, such as the legs, or the body... So you'll easily be able to see how the back assembly is done.

Nice, thanks! I'll see if I can squeeze out some spare cash out of my budget to get this guy. I think he'll look better with the orange head, though. Great work!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Well, you could still try to build it with your current collection, if you have the others Beasts, but with different colors. That could be interesting.

Orange head ? I don't know, that would be the only orange part, and although there are trans-neon orange armors, I fear opaque orange would look out of place. But I'll try. x)

By the way, I used some extra parts to improve it. It's now more massive, and more menacing, but slightly less interesting, IMO, since it's not a one-set MOC anymore. Here's a picture, the other ones are at the bottom of the MOCPage :

1401540611m_DISPLAY.jpg

I saw that on MOCpages - looks good! Anyway, about the orange head - you're right, orange will clash with the trans-orange, but I just thought that with trans-orange being the more dominant colour over the azure, the orange head might be more fitting. Whatever floats your boat, though! Unfortunately I don't own any of the Beasts sets yet to try this out, none of them really appeal to me so far - but I will definitely try this one out once I get my hands on the pieces needed. I love the use of the printed size 4 black shells on the back of your original MOC/alternate build to give the illusion that they're smaller spikes to go with the larger ones, which really adds to the silhouette of the creature.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Very nice. I love the proportions, and how solid the torso looks. My only criticism is that some of your photos are very very bright, which makes discerning the details a real challenge. I think all the photos could be improved with reduced brightness.

Thank you guys !

I think all the photos could be improved with reduced brightness.

Yeah, I know, I still have to improve my photography skills and master my new reflex camera. :sweet: