woon_tze

Tumblers (Camouflage Versions) - Movie Accurate 2 Seaters

Now a Lego Ideas Project!

Please Support by voting at:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/65675

camo_t10.jpg

"Your precious armory, gratefully accepted! We will need it." - Bane

camo_t11.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan gave us a fresh and realistic reboot of the Caped Crusader, and with it many of Batman's iconic vehicles.

camo_t12.jpg

These are my renditions of the Tumblers in camouflage versions, reproduce with lego bricks in 2 seaters minifig scale and staying as close to the original movie design as best I can. The base design of these of course are similar to my Tumbler and Bat Pod project.

camo_t13.jpg

Each Tumbler measures about 19cm(L) x 12cm(W)

camo_t14.jpg

All three versions have been faithfully recreated: The original Camo Tumbler, the Tumbler with a Turret/Cannon and the Tumbler with a Missile Launcher. In this case, only the original Camo Tumbler can be a 2 seater as the other 2 versions both have a weapon occupying the space where the passenger seat will be.

camo_t15.jpg

Both the Turret and the Missile Launcher can be retracted to an inactive position.

camo_t16.jpg

The set can be launched as a single camouflage tumbler with additional parts for the other 2 alternate builds.

camo_t17.jpg

The set can also include different variations of Bane's outfits as seen in the movie.

camo_t18.jpg

Now a Lego Ideas Project!

Please Support by voting at:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/65675

Edited by woon_tze

I really like the minifigures but there have been a dozen of those project similar to yours and the black tumbler who had 10,000 votes didn't make it. + There has already been a Beige/Camo Tumbler in an official set. First time I see the variants with the canons and they look great. Maybe you'll get your wish with the rumoured UCS Tumbler.

Now this is what lego needs to make in their UCS set! Highly detailed but still scaled for minifigures. If they make something like this in black and then throw in say.. Begins suit bats, liam neeson ras in black suit with silver katana, scarecrow and Alfred or catwoman to even things out. Maybe the tumbler will have an ejecting bat pod which would be good especially if catwoman is included.

Excellent job here though! It even has the missile launcher!!!

Edited by legofreak86

I really hate Tumbler as a vehicle. Such a messy design to my liking.

But very well done on making it on brick form to accurately.

Now this is what lego needs to make in their UCS set! Highly detailed but still scaled for minifigures. If they make something like this in black and then throw in say.. Begins suit bats, liam neeson ras in black suit with silver katana, scarecrow and Alfred or catwoman to even things out. Maybe the tumbler will have an ejecting bat pod which would be good especially if catwoman is included.

Excellent job here though! It even has the missile launcher!!!

Hi legofreak86, thanks for compliments, as to answer your questions, perhaps you would like to check out my tumbler project at https://ideas.lego.com/projects/58144. :) cheers!

I really like the minifigures but there have been a dozen of those project similar to yours and the black tumbler who had 10,000 votes didn't make it. + There has already been a Beige/Camo Tumbler in an official set. First time I see the variants with the canons and they look great. Maybe you'll get your wish with the rumoured UCS Tumbler.

Hi Cammo, agreed that there has been dozens of similar projects, but being a huge batman fan, I can't help myself :) yup heard about the rumored UCS Tumbler, let's hope it doesn't stay rumor for too long :)

I really hate Tumbler as a vehicle. Such a messy design to my liking.

But very well done on making it on brick form to accurately.

Thanks Dharkan, coming from a non tumbler fan means a lot to me :) cheers

This is a very good MOC, but I agree with Cammo, I don't see the point in making it a Cuusoo / Ideas project. Good job, though !

Now that black tumbler project is perfect!!! Lego would be foolish not to release one with minifigures like this!

This is a very good MOC, but I agree with Cammo, I don't see the point in making it a Cuusoo / Ideas project. Good job, though !

Hi Leewan, I can understand where you are coming from, but I also see no harm in trying. In fact that's what all the projects in LEGO Ideas are about, try. No one knows for sure if their projects will hit 10k votes, or if LEGO will or will not produce their project even after they've reached the votes, but they all try anyway.

Now that black tumbler project is perfect!!! Lego would be foolish not to release one with minifigures like this!

Hi legofreak86, I'm glad you like it :)

They are very well done! It's a hard vehicle to Legofy, but I think you did a very good job. All those angles would make my head hurt...

They are very well done! It's a hard vehicle to Legofy, but I think you did a very good job. All those angles would make my head hurt...

Yes emilstorm, the angular design of the tumbler is rather difficult to reproduce in LEGO form. But I'm happy with the result :)

great MOC. Excellent design.I love that it seems well scaled to the minifigs, and still has the three versions.

With that said there are a couple of strong negatives working against it as an Ideas project.

1. The color scheme. It looks spectacular on a MOC, but it really isn't one that can be well duplicated solely by bricks or easily using stickers. Not the biggest hurdle, but one to bear in mind. Ideas is proposing projects for retail sets using current capabilities. Lego has never demonstrated an ability to do that level of printing or brick coloring. Should the set hit review that would count heavily against it I am sure.

2. The above is probably a moot point. Yes I know CuuSoo / Ideas is all about dreams etc. But once again it really is about project or product proposals. There is a somewhat vague clause in the guidelines that directly applies. It goes something like this "While we do accept proposals using existing Licenses, please understand that these do face additional challenges at review". Your MOC is the perfect example of what this little clause is talking about. It isn't just a pre-existing license. It is a currently active specific subject within that pre-existing license. Heck it's one that is still currently on store shelves. Lego has produced 2 versions of the Tumbler within the past few years, with a rumored third due out this summer. what this basically means is the Tumbler as a subject is pretty much the property of the internal Super Heroes or Batman Licensing group and is in all likelihood not available for Ideas to use. It is pre-existing art between the licensor and Lego. They already rejected one Tumbler project for these reasons. A safe way to gauge whether or not something would run into a conflict with the already existing license ask "has Lego produced the subject in a set, especially a minifig scale set within the past 10 years?" If the answer is yes than it will probably auto fail at review. Unless your project is something radically outside the box and not simply "subject X but better than you have done it before" than it is pretty much a non negotiable point.

3. That assumes that it will get anywhere near 10k. CuuSoo / Ideas is currently suffering from a bit of Tumbler fatigue. There are sooo many Tumblers, that it is probably the single greatest subject that many many community members simply dismiss out of hand as something they will no longer vote for. The Tumbler makes for a nice MOC. It works well in Lego, but there are literally hundreds of them up there. Maybe once a few years have passed, but right now? It would not be my first choice to build a project around.

Hi faefrost, thanks for taking the time to write a well analyzed feedback, much appreciate it, really. I agree with most of the points you've made, and have in fact thought of them myself. But with that said, I still would like to give it a shot. So it may not get 10k votes, or it's very likely LEGO will never make it into a product, so I'll fail miserably, but I wouldn't forgive myself if I've not tried it. Don't worry, my next project won't be Batman related :)

Nothing wrong with Batman related. Although to avoid conflict with the existing license it helps to go outside the box or go old school. A good example is there are a number of 1960's Barris Batmobile on Ideas. They are almost perfect, because of a weird quirk Barris holds or until recently held the license to that car, not Warner Brothers. So it would not be covered under or conflict with the regular Batman license. Similarly the 1970's cartoon Batmobile is probably something that would not cause a conflict. (I always sort of pictured it as a 1969 Dodge Charger with the roof cut off and bat fins.)

Nothing wrong with Batman related. Although to avoid conflict with the existing license it helps to go outside the box or go old school. A good example is there are a number of 1960's Barris Batmobile on Ideas. They are almost perfect, because of a weird quirk Barris holds or until recently held the license to that car, not Warner Brothers. So it would not be covered under or conflict with the regular Batman license. Similarly the 1970's cartoon Batmobile is probably something that would not cause a conflict. (I always sort of pictured it as a 1969 Dodge Charger with the roof cut off and bat fins.)

I contemplated on making a 60's or a 89' batmobile for a long time, but if I do I will once again fall into the same situation of having a model that has multiple iterations from other great builders. As of now I am focusing on getting some new ideas out, those that are still relatively not saturated in the market. However being such a huge batman fan, I'm bound to revisit the theme in the future lol

Well I agree that we probably won't see a new tumbler set, this is an amazing creation! Also I LOVE you arctic tumbler! :wub:

Thanks Mr_Flippers13 :)

OMG! That's awesome. That camouflage is amazing!

Thanks grum64, glad you like it