Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur TNG: Mafia School Conclusion

banner.png

Excalibur TNG: Mafia School

Conclusion: All Good Things...

IMG_0743.png

The remaining students had decided to vote out Warren Thompson / Lego3364.

"I'm innocent." he said simply.

But as a guard went to put the cuffs on him, he whipped out his phaser!

IMG_0744.png

"Aha!" he said. "Reach for the skies!"

But a shot rang out...

IMG_0745.png

Willie Spencer / Tohst, the Loyalist Vigilante, has killed Warren, the last remaining Purist!

"Where were you keeping that phaser?" Adam asks.

"Don't worry about it."

IMG_0746.png

"Well done to both of you. I'm very proud that you've managed the root out the remaining Purist Scum." Bob says.

"Can't you do something about the other Loyal students that have died?" Willie asks.

"What makes you think I can do anything?"

"You've been the host for games as far back as the Prohibition Era to now the Space Age. I think you've got some magical powers."

IMG_0748.png

And so all the loyal students are resurrected thanks to the power of love! Also the fact that they're easily re-assembled helps.

~~~

IMG_0747.png

Congratulations to the two survivors of Excalibur TNG: Mafia School! Tohst and jluckhaupt! Also congratulations to the Loyalist Team!

~~~

Players:

Survivors:

powers.jpg

Adam Powers - Played By: jluckhaupt - Vanilla Loyalist

spencer.jpg

Willie Spencer - Played By: Tohst - Loyalist Vigilante

The Dead:

fox.jpg

Melinda Fox - Played By: Xenophobic Monoxide - Voted off Day One, Vanilla Loyalist

osborne.jpg

Issac Osborne - Played By: TheLazyChicken - Phasered on Night One, Vanilla Loyalist

goodwin.jpg

Emily Goodwin - Played By: Dragonfire - Blown up on Night One, Loyalist Blocker

kennedy.jpg

Greg Kennedy - Played By: Lego Spy - Lynched Day Two, League of Purist Killer

rhodes.jpg

Fred Rhodes - Played By: Adventurer1 - Shot on Night Two, Loyalist Investigator

lane.jpg

Emma Lane - Played By: vampyre78 - Killed by rocks and water on Night Two, Vanilla Loyalist

foster.jpg

Jordan Foster - Played By: Comrade Commander - Voted off on Day Three, League of Purists Role-Cop

daniels.jpg

Timothy Daniels - Played By: Calanon - Drank poison on Night Three, Vanilla Loyalist

yates.jpg

Jeff Yates - Played By: Getdamonkey - Shot on Night Three, Vanilla Loyalist

thompson.jpg

Warren Thompson - Played By: lego3364 - Lynched on Day Four, League of Purist Blocker

Here's the deadboard for players that are dead:

http://123.writeboar...x2dxgkj32tns8xg

password: ohnoyoudied

Host Reflections:

At the end of most of my games, I usually leave a spot where I reflect on the game and also make note of things that I'd change given the opportunity to go back and do it again.

Firstly, I'd most likely remove the town vigilante and replace that role with the Doctor/Protector role instead. Three people dying every day in hindsight was much to much, and while I did include a blocker on both sides, it did little to prevent the carnage that ensued.

Secondly, I'd change the way I handled voting. I'd still make voting mandatory, because doing that ensures that not only does everyone actively participate in voting, but it's also an easy way for me to check that a player has posted at least once. However, what I would change is the way the lynch was decided. I did the "most votes" method, which hasn't happened as much recently. In hindsight, I should have gone with a majority rules. That also would have lessened the losses.

Those were the only two things that really bothered me once I had set the rules. I realized I made these "mistakes" sometime around Day Two, but by then it was much too late.

Anyone may post here! Please leave comments, criticisms, praise, heated remarks, walls of text, or tomatoes below!

Grades and player evaluations will be up shortly!

You may also post your role PM here!

Thanks Bob. This was a lot of fun.

I may be partially responsible for just how much carnage there was. A responsible vigilante would probably try to do a better job identifying scum rather than just going with whoever was 2nd place on my suspected scum list for the day.

But losing our blocker on night 1 and our investigator on night 2...ouch.

Did the scum killer role transfer after Greg was lynched?

Good game all, was fun. :classic:

I am surprised that there was no doctor, and I definitely agree that 3 people dying per day/night was a bit too much. Maybe merging the vigilante/investigator role?

We killed it! Well done guys, I'm ready for another one!

Did the scum killer role transfer after Greg was lynched?

Yes.

I am surprised that there was no doctor, and I definitely agree that 3 people dying per day/night was a bit too much. Maybe merging the vigilante/investigator role?

That type of "complicated" role is usually reserved for a veteran game. I don't think I've seen one like that on Eurobricks though.

That type of "complicated" role is usually reserved for a veteran game. I don't think I've seen one like that on Eurobricks though.

Fair enough.

If I do pass, should I play a few Mafia games before I host a game?

Night Actions:

Night One Actions

Tohst – Kill: Isaac Osborne / TheLazyChicken - Success

Dragonfire – Block: Emma Lane / vampyre78 - Failure, Dragonfire is killed

Adventurer1 – Investigate: Adam Powers / jluckhaupt - Success, jluckhaupt is a Loyalist

Lego3364 – Block: Emily Goodwin / Dragonfire - Success? Dragonfire is killed anyway

Lego Spy – Kill: Emily Goodwin / Dragonfire - Success

Comrade Commander - Rolecop: Fred Rhodes / adventurer1 - Success, adventurer1 is the Loyalist Investigator

Night Two Actions

Tohst – Kill: Emma Lane / Vampyre78 - Success

Adventurer1 – Investigate: Jordan Foster / Comrade Commander - Failure, Adventurer1 is killed

Lego3364 – Block: Fred Rhodes / Adventurer1 - Success? Adventurer1 is killed anyway. Another case of the scum teams weird block - kill maneuver.

Comrade Commander - Kill: Fred Rhodes / adventurer1 - Success

Night Three Actions

Tohst – Kill: Timothy Daniels / Calanon - Success

Lego3364 – Kill: Jeff Yates / Getdamonkey - Success

Night Actions were not collected on Night Four since the final scum had been lynched. However, I guess it can be inferred that Tohst would have killed jluckhaupt since they were the only two left.

Fair enough.

If I do pass, should I play a few Mafia games before I host a game?

Most certainly.

Night Actions were not collected on Night Four since the final scum had been lynched. However, I guess it can be inferred that Tohst would have killed jluckhaupt since they were the only two left.

And I was wondering what would happen if Adam actually was the scum killer. He tries to kill me. I try to kill him. It was a low percentage option given how sure I was by day 4 Adam was loyal but I thought about it.

And I was wondering what would happen if Adam actually was the scum killer. He tries to kill me. I try to kill him. It was a low percentage option given how sure I was by day 4 Adam was loyal but I thought about it.

If Adam was the final scum he would have won because he technically would have outnumbered the town. it's complicated. I would have had to have consulted the Game Gods about the current procedure regarding two killers targeting each other. In the past, a coin was flipped, but I don't think that's how it works in today's games.

Well done jluckhaupt and Tohst. After being nearly the first person lynched on day one, it was great to see Adam survive to see the purists identified!

Thanks Bob for a great game, and thanks to all the players too! Look forward to playing more of these in future.

Well done jluckhaupt and Tohst. After being nearly the first person lynched on day one, it was great to see Adam survive to see the purists identified!

Thanks Bob for a great game, and thanks to all the players too! Look forward to playing more of these in future.

Yeah this was a really enjoyable game. I hope to play more with you all later.

Fun times! I really thought I was a goner on day one, glad I got to see it through. Things get a lot clearer after a few votes.

Congratulations to jluckhaupt and Tohst. Sorry Willie I really was convinced you were scum. :(

Thanks Bob, and thank you to my fellow players town and scum! This was so much fun, I can't wait to play again. Hopefully we will see each other in future games.

Wow. I feel honored. Night Two actions of both scum were targeted at me. :D.

Actually, that kind of role would be very overpowered. Vigilantes are supposed to have to fumble a bit in the dark, and hopefully get in touch with the real investigator. The fact that they kill town is also part of the balance of the game.

Actually, that kind of role would be very overpowered. Vigilantes are supposed to have to fumble a bit in the dark, and hopefully get in touch with the real investigator. The fact that they kill town is also part of the balance of the game.

I'm not entirely sure if I agree that it would be overpowered. I've played a lot of Mafia games on other forums and IRC and they always had them combined, and there were plenty of Mafia wins even then. Games I've played/hosted normally have an independent killer in it anyway so 2 townies will die in the night (usually).

Emily Goodwin

You are Emily Goodwin, a student at the United Earth Naval Academy. Your father is a famous Admiral in the Navy, and has been pushing for you to enlist all your academic life. He wants you to eventually replace him as Fleet Admiral of Earth Defense.

You are a loyal student but you do have the ability to block one other player at night. Please tell me who you’d like to block at the end of each day. You’ll have 24 hours to submit the action.

Please place your characters name in your signature and set the avatar as your own avatar. Confirmation will be up shortly.

My Role PM ^^

Night Actions:

Night One Actions

Tohst – Kill: Isaac Osborne / TheLazyChicken - Success

Dragonfire – Block: Emma Lane / vampyre78 - Failure, Dragonfire is killed

Adventurer1 – Investigate: Adam Powers / jluckhaupt - Success, jluckhaupt is a Loyalist

Lego3364 – Block: Emily Goodwin / Dragonfire - Success? Dragonfire is killed anyway

Lego Spy – Kill: Emily Goodwin / Dragonfire - Success

Comrade Commander - Rolecop: Fred Rhodes / adventurer1 - Success, adventurer1 is the Loyalist Investigator

Blocked and killed! Like Fred, I feel honoured. And lucky scum, killing the blocker and rolecopping the investigator on Night One.

I feel kinda proud of myself for single-handedly stopping a scum-driven bandwagon on a townie and then suspecting + voting the scum killer. I hope I don't fail because I died too early on...

Congrats to all my fellow townies and to those scum who didn't quite pull it off. Comrade Commander played really well- if I'd been alive I'd have defended him strongly, so it was a good thing that the scum killed me! jluckhaupt, getdamonkey and adventurer1 all played really well too.

Thanks Tohst for suggesting that we be ressurrected- I feel alive again!

Edited by Dragonfire

When this game was going to be an "Advanced Mafia", the blocker and protector roles were combined. I used the rationale that the blocker would lock the player in their room, and thus protect them as well. Also dropped from the game from the switch to Mafia School was the setting. The game was initially set to take place on the U.E.N. Excalibur - D to keep more in line with The Next Generation vibe that I was setting up for the game. The final change was the removal of a secret neutral party. The new version was supposed to take place about a hundred years down the road from the original Excalibur game, so we would have found alien life by that time and made first contact. The scum team would have been xenophobic cultists (I'm so creative), with the classic League of Purists as neutral Mafia Cultists. As a final lesson, in the game of Mafia, sometimes the neutral third party players are a Cult. A cult can recruit one player every night, but if their godfather is killed, they're disbanded and sent back to their original teams or are killed, depending.

Naturally, all of that was dropped to accommodate a Mafia School game.

Nice hosting job, bob. Good work, students. It was fun to see some new folks playing again and a small short game was a neat change from the 'norm'.

I'm not entirely sure if I agree that it would be overpowered. I've played a lot of Mafia games on other forums and IRC and they always had them combined, and there were plenty of Mafia wins even then. Games I've played/hosted normally have an independent killer in it anyway so 2 townies will die in the night (usually).

In a game this small it sure would, even a vig was a bit much because of the number of players. It's good to keep in mind that (possibly for unknown reasons) Mafia games on EB are hard and sometimes impossible to compare to games on other sites. We have our own styles here that are forged over the years, so directly comparing things can turn out badly for you.

As a note, grades will be up in a couple of hours. I'm going to read through the game once more to judge a few last minute things.

jluckhaupt, getdamonkey and adventurer1 all played really well too.

Thanks!

Special thanks to Bob, this game was a load of fun. Most all of you played very well.

Thanks!

Special thanks to Bob, this game was a load of fun. Most all of you played very well.

Thanks you too.

I find EB both similar and different to other sites. I'm familiar with the blocker/protector combo from games on Mafiascum.net...

Bob, you shouldn't have outlined your original plans. Now you can't use them in another game!

Sign in to follow this