Maxim I

Mpya Stedor: The Library & The Gate of Amenor

the Gate of Amenor hides the Headquarters of the I.A.M.S. . It is called the Gate of Amenor as it also serves as the Amenorian Embassy in Kaliphlin. That's also the reason why it has the black & gold combination in it.

The library has the typically white/tan combination. Inside the library, there are hundreds of books, varying from cooking books to epic story tellers. Those who want to read and have an amazing view of the bay, can sit on the balcony at the upper floor.

There are 3 cameo's (Gideon, Synbiote & my sigfig).

14112796467_46cd2316cc_c.jpgMpya Stedor: Library & Gate of Amenor by Da_Maximus, on Flickr

14319520903_ed62bf4b20_c.jpgMpya Stedor: Library & Gate of Amenor by Da_Maximus, on Flickr

14297406982_301acf0247_c.jpgMpya Stedor: Library by Da_Maximus, on Flickr

14112657259_5e5d787fcf_c.jpgMpya Stedor: Gate of Amenor by Da_Maximus, on Flickr

When this MOC is connected with Everlast:

14299351685_78108bc5a4_c.jpgMpya Stedor: Library & Gate of Amenor & IAMS HQ by Da_Maximus, on Flickr

14299350215_acacb3c666_c.jpgMpya Stedor: Library & Gate of Amenor & IAMS HQ by Da_Maximus, on Flickr

Thanks for watching! C&C welcome :classic:

Edit: for the UoP, DoH, I claim these credits with this MOC:

"Architecture: advanced windows (claimed)"

"General: Forced perspective (claimed)"

"Culture: Art (claimed)"

"Architecture: roofing technic (claimed)"

Edited by Damaximus

So glad to have you back, and a build like this is why. Great job!

Awesome! Those buildings are wonderful, The black, white and gold look great together, and I like the use of the tan skeletons on the other building.

I really like the white/gold/black building , both the colors and architecture :wub: The white/tan building is excellent too.

Glad to see some builds from you again :classic:

Great build! Love the black/gold/white combo!

That`s impressive!

I like it! The lures blend in pretty well too.

So glad to have you back, and a build like this is why. Great job!

Awesome! Those buildings are wonderful, The black, white and gold look great together, and I like the use of the tan skeletons on the other building.

I really like the white/gold/black building , both the colors and architecture :wub: The white/tan building is excellent too.

Glad to see some builds from you again :classic:

Thanks to all! The plan is to extend the black/white/gold wall, so you will see more of this in the future :classic:

Great job, I like the library and the bustling square in front of it. I also like how the buildings are integrated into the cliffs

Great build! Nice to see more of Mpya coming together. I also really like the wall accents using the minifig stand plates! :thumbup:

Hey Damaximus those buildings are really awesome! The decorations are inderesting! I like the tan skeletons and the army is badass also...

Nice buildings and army, Damaximus! :thumbup: I have a couple of questions tho - who are the Amenorians, and why are you in your pj's? That doesn't look like a comfortable place to sleep! :look::laugh:

You've got some awesome architecture going on here, great work! Really cool army too!

Very nice build! I really like the scale you are building this in! :classic:

My favourite here is the white and tan facade of the library, nice details and good overall design.

What could be improved in my opinion is the pavement, 1x1 round tiles gets far to repetitive to me. Maybe mixing them up with some square tiles or other colors of round bricks could be an idea?

Great job, I like the library and the bustling square in front of it. I also like how the buildings are integrated into the cliffs

Thanks, there are some more modules like this planned :classic:

Wow, the two builds together are incredible!

Great build! Nice to see more of Mpya coming together. I also really like the wall accents using the minifig stand plates! :thumbup:

Hey Damaximus those buildings are really awesome! The decorations are inderesting! I like the tan skeletons and the army is badass also...

Thanks :D I got some more skeletons left, still wondering what to do with them :classic:

Nice buildings and army, Damaximus! :thumbup: I have a couple of questions tho - who are the Amenorians, and why are you in your pj's? That doesn't look like a comfortable place to sleep! :look::laugh:

You never heard about Amenor? The guild of Lord Max Samu (you know, that guy who really hates Avalonia and controls the I.A.M.S.), famous for its slaves and soldiers... Read more about it on the wikia

(at Skaforhire: yes I read your post a few months ago about channeling your inner Damaximus... :grin: :grin: ).

I am in my pj's because I am officially supposed to be somewhere around Eastgate :laugh:

You've got some awesome architecture going on here, great work! Really cool army too!

Very nice build! I really like the scale you are building this in! :classic:

My favourite here is the white and tan facade of the library, nice details and good overall design.

What could be improved in my opinion is the pavement, 1x1 round tiles gets far to repetitive to me. Maybe mixing them up with some square tiles or other colors of round bricks could be an idea?

Thanks Gideon :classic: Next time I BL something, I will look out for some other colors and square tiles, thanks for the advice!

For the University, I claim these credits with this MOC:

"Architecture: advanced windows (claimed)" + "General: Forced perspective (claimed)" + "Culture: Art (claimed)" + "Architecture: roofing technic (claimed)"

You never heard about Amenor? The guild of Lord Max Samu (you know, that guy who really hates Avalonia and controls the I.A.M.S.), famous for its slaves and soldiers... Read more about it on the wikia

(at Skaforhire: yes I read your post a few months ago about channeling your inner Damaximus... :grin: :grin: ).

I am in my pj's because I am officially supposed to be somewhere around Eastgate :laugh:

For the University, I claim these credits with this MOC:

"Architecture: advanced windows (claimed)" + "General: Forced perspective (claimed)" + "Culture: Art (claimed)" + "Architecture: roofing technic (claimed)"

Ah, thanks DM for the wikia link - i do remember now you talking about the origins of Lord Samu, but that was quite some time ago. As for your pj's, my theory is that you want to dream of kicking some more hippies! :wink:

UoP, +1 for the roofing technique (on the gate i presume?). Sadly i will pass on the others for now, for the following reasons:

Advanced windows - all the windows i can see are studs-up construction, some made out of custom window elements as well, so not complex enough, sorry.

Art - i assume you mean the library? If you are going to claim a building as art, you should be able to show the building being used for it's function - a play being performed in a playhouse, an art show in a gallery, a concert in a concert hall etc. Your lack of an interior showing the library being used for it's function hurts your cause here.. if indeed a library's function can be classified as art rather than education, which is contentious.

Forced perspective - i would classify this as "suggested perspective", as the edge of your rockwork could be interpreted as either being next to the library and gate (what i first assumed, since the line of rockwork is in contact with the buildings from their base to their roof), or as a distant mountain range. In my opinion, the illusion of the mountain range is not forced strongly enough upon the viewer - and tbh, FP is something that is generally going to be harder than average to pull off at this scale. A small diorama might be better to attempt this credit with.

Hope all of that makes sense! :classic:

Good to see that this is still expanding. I sure hope I can come to Brickmania, although I don't think I can get the day off.

+1 for the roofing technique. Nice job with the architecture on the tan building.