Lord Vladivus

Warlords of Nocturnus: Lord Vladivus: Part 3

With the information gleaned from the would be Zugal Assassin, Vladivus is able to launch an assault on Strangeholt Tower, a stronghold of the Black Spire.

14293939301_12f7bb9b42_c.jpg

Encamped before the walls is a force of Black Falcons, and defending the tower itself are many strange, warped warriors, werewolves, vulture-people, and other more miscellaneous things.

14297286795_050997db0c_c.jpg

Lord Vladivus is resplendent in his armour, and astride a mighty barded warhorse, he strikes at the mightiest knights the Black Falcons can throw at him. Around him, the Shadowmere Guard and the Knights of the Inner Keep fight with implacable, zombie resolve, whilst Krell, the Necromancer, keeps raising them up to fight again.

14110639958_91a23b3eab_c.jpg

General Fenrir Bloodcloak, closest ally of Vladivus joins the fight on his horse, leading his werewolf warriors against the Falcons. He bears the red and gold standard of Nocturnus, and it flutters defiantly in the breeze. Fenrir's growls are audible even above the din of battle, such is his anger.

14293942721_fc2091c62c_c.jpg

Lurking inside, Zurias, the Raven emissary of Ravaage relishes the coming fight. He prepares to meet Vladivus in battle, to end Nocturnian resitance once and for all.

Phase 3 Warlords build- tried out a new technique for the walls. I imagine this to just be a small buttress of the tower, ive not got enough bricks for a giant one sadly. Also wanted to try a swamp surrounded by land, which I hadn't done previously. I'm quite pleased with my falcons- I wanted a more modern version of them. Threw in parts from one of the new Chima vultures on the tower defenders- the torso and legs are great, not sure on the head though!

C+C welcome!

It gives of a really creepy and ruined look with the scenery, I like it a lot

Nice job on the tower, I love the texture. I also like some of the photo angles you chose.

Good job LV, quite an action packed scene. The tower is pretty sweet and I love the irregular baseplate.

I think this is a great build overall. There are a couple things that seem a little random to me though. Like the green frame around the wooden window at the top of the tower, the sparseness of the leaves on the tree holding the vulture warrior, and the way the plates overlap for the back of the base in the last picture. Tiny little things though, overall this is great!

Yay, an eligible entrant for joining the story team - not sure though LV, you might have some stiff competition... :tongue:. (I have idea, but it's still in my head, it'll come out eventually but definitely not in time for the dead line.)

This is a nice build, and really good job with the posing again :thumbup:. The dense foliage of grass stalks for the swamp worked out really well. It does feels like it might be a little bit too chaotic - really in just the little details though - like the green frame for the window, the brown bricks in the tower (the tan works though - matches the ground), and I think having small clusters of similar swamp plants instead of single types on their own would add a bit more realism too the overall look.

Great battle posing and the tower texturing is excellent :thumbup: The tree looks rather scraggly though :look:

The irregular base works well :classic:

Cheers guys. I do agree about the trees/swamp fauna. I need to invest in some more foliage so that I can a) make multiples and b) stop them looking scraggly. I can't seem to find my brown frames either, but I did include dark green in the tower to stop it looking too out of place but it doesn't seem to be too visible (covered by the tiles mostly I think). I'm building another tower, which I'm hoping will work better than this one- onwards and upwards!

Cool base and vegetation! Also excellent minifig posing :classic: I also love how you made the tower :thumbup:

Good work. I like the way you made the tower with the 1x2 panels over the masonry bricks :thumbup:

So much action going on there LV :) I really like the tower... Nice texturing there.