ZCerberus

Dragon Keep- Collab Display Part II

14100003229_bd7dedd783_c.jpg

14284666322_2ef6385dbb_c.jpg

14100122637_1dbdd5d765_c.jpg

Sir Burress approaches Dragon Keep crossing a rickety bridge over yet another putrid swamp. He can see the Zugal’s Eyrie raising from the swamp in the distance and he recalls Malicia’s orders to keep his mission a secret, yet he can’t seem to recall how he got to Dragon Keep. A Dragon Master descends the rocky path and raises his hand, palm in the face of the undead knight.

14306857933_dfb8838274_z.jpg

Dragon Master: Halt traveler. This land belongs to the Dragon Masters. Pay the toll to cross our road or turn back now.

Burress raises shield from Malicia and gently taps the sigil with his sword.

Sir Burress: I bring this token from Malicia Darkheart. She desires I deliver a message and counsel to your leader, Zar Strongfist

The Dragon Master guard scoffs audibly, then cocks his head to the side.

Dragon Master: Have you not heard? Strongfist has fallen from favor. He attempted to make peace with our enemy, the Zugal tribe. Tell me dark knight; are you a friend to the Ravens as well?

14306859863_e028524f41_z.jpg

Sir Burress remembers stories of the Dragon Master’s fall from Avalonian Grace. They were exiled long ago for the capture and torture of Dragons. Few dragons now exist in the land, and many blame their decline in numbers to the Dragon Masters. However, Burress knows little of the animosity between the Dragons and the Ravens, he knows only that the Spire’s alliance with the Zugal must remain secret and that he is to deliver a scroll message to the Zar Strongfist signed by Raavage. He was under strict direction to guard the scroll and not show it to anyone but Zar Strongfist. If Strongfist was exiled from the good graces of the Dragons for seeking alliance with the Zugal, how should he answer the guard’s question? Does the scroll contain a message from the Zugal to Zar Strongfist? Burress ponders the question then makes his reply.

Sir Burress: I have no friends. I am only a simple messenger.

The Dragon Master nods in approval.

Dragon Master: I shall allow counsel with our leader.

As Burress begins to ascend the steps of Dragon Keep, an odd sensation begins to creep in. A simple messenger? There was more. More he was to do.

14263518996_1dd42870d6_z.jpg

The Dragon Master guard approaches a strapping man with scars covering his face. The guard whispers in the imposing man’s ear then moves away.

14099999258_b72f2e2579_z.jpg

Zar Strongfist: I am Zar Strongfist. Leader of the Dragon Masters. My man tells me you have passed the test and you are no Zugal spy. He says your loyalties are to yourself alone and that that you are a simple messenger dispatched by my ally Malicia Darkheart.

14286137054_1d072be22e_z.jpg

Sir Burress nods and produces a scroll from within his cloak. The guard removes the scroll and hands it to Zar. While opening the scroll, the Dragon Master leader speaks.

14284629502_329701d6d3_z.jpg

Zar Strongfist: I must admit I am confused. The Drow already arrived with a message from your lord promising the return of our lands in Avalonia if we press an assault with the Spire on the West. Why I receive another messenger on the same day from your masters confuses me. I am a simply warrior, much as you are a simple messenger, and have no patients for Spire plots.

Zar finishing opening the scroll when confusion enters his face.

Zar Strongfist: What is the meaning of this?

The Zar turns the scroll over to reveal an emblem of a raven and a dragon being swallowed by a snake. Entranced by the image, Burress draws his sword and quickly stabs Strongfist through the heart. Confused by his own actions, Burress can not stop himself from speaking.

14284628862_54b43d005e_z.jpg

Sir Burress: The Zugal send their regards!

14306822613_98a55027a4_z.jpg

********** About this MOC **********

This MOC was initially inspired by the 1993 Dragon Masters set 6082 "Fire Breathing Fortress". When I contacted Torgar about the collab display, we decided to use this MOC as part of the build since it was largely already constructed though never displayed. The secondary tower and tudor sections were additions after most of the landscaping was done for the "Ruins". After we had all the parts of the collab together (as you will see soon) the Zugal's Eyrie MOC towered over the Dragon Keep. Because the height difference was a bit too intense, the base for Dragon Keep was raised the last week before the collab display was done so the whole display flowed better.

********** Other Parts of the Story **********

Throne Room at Farnhorn Collab Prelude Part I

The Spider's Chambers Collab Predlude Part II

The Ruins Collab Display Part I

Dragon Keep Collab Display Part II

Zugal's Eyrie Collab Display Part III

Fracture Collab Display

Excellent build, so much to like here :classic:

If I have to choose however, I have to say that the Tudor section is my favorite.

The color palette and landscaping is perfect for Nocturnus!

This is absolutely great, and I agree with Gideon...that tudor section with the red and black really pop in this MOC

Wow this is beautiful, So many awesome details and the color scheme is great. I really like the dragon decal above the large gate, it looks incredible. The bridge over the water is awesome as well.

I'm with janatale, that dragon relief is awesome--so are all the plants!

It's sooo big :drool: How many hours did this take you to build?

Amazing stuff all over, but I personally like best is the black and red half timbered section. Quite awesome I might say!

Amazing! Like then other have said, that Tudor section is great! The story gets ever more intriguing!

This really is a beautiful model. I especially like the wway the castle is framed by the pond and the foliage - and the colour palette is just perfect!

I don't really know what I can still say what others have not.. This is amazing! The tudor section looks really really good. The dark red-bley-black color scheme is also very much a winner in my opinion. I also like the rooftops, crenellation and black dragon in the front. In fact, there's actually very little not to like. Can't wait to see the Eyrie you're talking about :sweet: .

Finally able to see some good pictures of this :wub_drool: The landscape is superb and matches your Ruins build perfectly, the rickety bridge adds a lot to the atmosphere :thumbup:

The castle itself looks very majestic, I can't imagine how big Ravens Eyrie will be if it towered over this *huh* All of the dark red accents look incredible. Is the large portcullis for dragons to enter through?

Excellent windows and arrow slit designs, the use of lightsaber handles are T-bars works well :thumbup: You've mastered your crenelation design and they look great here.

And the story just keeps getting more interesting!

Hot damn, this is awesome. I love the dark red todur chunk, but the whole think is fantastic. The landscaping is perfect for Nocturnus, and the castle is the perfect mix of elegant and formidable. :thumbup:

Wow, truly incredible Z. This must have taken a tremendous amount of work, and it really shows it. The swamp in particular is very eye catching. As said before the castle itself is stunning (I love the brick-built dragon emblem).

The story too is quite engrossing - you are really crafting something awesome here in both builds and tension.

Now, I have to ask, just behind the portcullis in the keep area I see something brown just poking up. Perhaps a siege engine or maybe even a surviving dragon?

This is gorgeous! Love the use of the dark red throughout, and amazing work with the photography especially for something so big. There's that enchanted pumpkin pie :laugh: ! The only thing that might have improved on this would have been a bit of dusting (though it's really only noticeable on the swamp closeups...)

Wow, this is an outstanding build! You really did a great job on both parts and I look forward to the other ones :wink:.

Awesome! Love the story! Do the pieces fit together to make one MASSIVE MOC? Or are they meant to be separate?

Now, I have to ask, just behind the portcullis in the keep area I see something brown just poking up. Perhaps a siege engine or maybe even a surviving dragon?

It's actually a crane. Why a crane? To lower stuff down the area beneath the keep!

You can see it here pretty well.

14099999258_b72f2e2579_z.jpg

The only thing that might have improved on this would have been a bit of dusting (though it's really only noticeable on the swamp closeups...)

It was a bit dusty in the display area. Since I was transporting it, I snapped the photos right when I got home before I moved it back down to the dungeon. Guess I should have invested in some dustoff!

Awesome! Love the story! Do the pieces fit together to make one MASSIVE MOC? Or are they meant to be separate?

The Ruins and Dragon Keep do fit together. You'll notice a little piece of bridge on the Ruins MOC that lines up with the bridge over the swamp in Dragon Keep. After Torgar's Eyrie goes up, then you will see that MOC ALSO fits with these two! It's very hard to photograph the whole thing though, so we'll see how the photos we took turn out since we took them in the convetion hall.

Excellent work. I like the the windows of the castle and the timber sections ( :wub: ). I'm also impressed that you made the tree trunks have texture, rather than the smooth, brown bricks I usually see and use. Great job with the swamp as well; Superb work!

Holy bananas! I love this! The landscape is as always eye candy! But the castle! Wow!!! The towers, the colour scheme, just outstanding!

Superb. The shaping and design of this is just beautiful. Everything about this build looks amazing. I really like your swamp plant designs, and the boardwalk. The dark red building, and the various details, arches, and decorations on the walls just make this keep so sweet.

I tell you, if moving to Nocturnus could make me build like this, I'd almost want to mover there... Almost. But not quite.

No Hammerhand, not another Avalonian to the east! We have been kind enough to the Noctys! :wink: