Sérgio

CP0186 my first steam MOC 1-4-2

Hello my friends!!

this is my frist try to do a steam!

its again a portguese replica, 7wide, lots of details, I hope to build it soon.

hope you like it :)

Lego - CP0186

3942608342_32cc7f2dd9_b.jpg

Edited by Sérgio

very nice, looks good on the real train

Edited by patje

Nice steamer you built there! Very accurate to the prototype too. What is the apparatus in front of the smoke box? Is that the air reservoir for brakes?

It's a nice looking steamer! I enjoy the attention to the details of the real-life prototype, especially the lamps on the front. I wonder how this powerful-looking but long loco would handle on LEGO's tight radii...?

Hi Sérgio,

your steam locomotive looks very good. Your model is very close to the original. Like it very much. It is not a photo, right? It looks like a file. which was processed in the PC. Do you already know whether they curve through. and travels over turnouts? The 9 Volt drive unit I would still dress up a little.

Best regards Udo

As a Lego steam engine, that looks *really* good. Looking at the photo however, you might want to consider slightly lengthening the tanks, the look a bit short on the MOC when compared to the photo.

Seen it on your Flickr account before :classic: really beautifull like the rest of your designs. One note though, should it be 2-8-4 instead of 1-4-2?

Depends on what part of Europe you live in I believe.

Some count all wheels (4-6-2), some count one side (2-3-1) and some weirdos (the French and Oliver Bulleid) count only half the none powered wheels with numbers, and only half the driving wheels alphanumerically (2-C-1)..

Great work on that tank engine with the detailing. I just hope it doesn't have too much overhang when going around corners.

Depends on what part of Europe you live in I believe.

Some count all wheels (4-6-2), some count one side (2-3-1) and some weirdos (the French and Oliver Bulleid) count only half the none powered wheels with numbers, and only half the driving wheels alphanumerically (2-C-1)..

Haha, I don't know if they count it like 2-3-1 anywhere!? At least here in Austria you count the non-powered axles with numbers and the powered ones with capital letters (I think that'y the most common way in Europe). Furthermore you can add an apostrophe after the nonpowered axle if the trailing truck is movable. Like 2'C1' in this case.

I'll add my voice/words to the chorus! This looks great. I would love to see it in real bricks too :sweet: