Sign in to follow this  
Yooha

Newspaper Kiosk - LDD MOC

An old styled newspaper kiosk, where you can buy drinks and sweets besides the newest papers and magazines.

The building's roof can be removed and the walls opened up using hinges for better view/playability.

14282509442_13884b68a0_o.png

14304704173_4c15ce4b97_o.png

14097855449_ca7da6d617_o.png

14282508992_1df66a88ce_o.png

14284035044_cf838570a1_o.png

It looks excellent! And the interior is stuffed full of nice details.

I've never seen or heard of one of these before. But it looks neat. I like the color scheme.

I love this MOC! There is so much detail packed into the displays, and the octagon shape is perfect. The dark green color unifies the shape nicely.

OMG !

One of best city LDD creations I've seen for a long time........can you share the lxf file with us please......please ? :grin:

Though all the stickers might be a problem.........any thing else on the digital drawing board ' Yooha' ? :wink:

Brick On LDD On 'Yooha' ! :grin:

Great looking MOC and a great idea, even with playability! One question however, do the lone 1x1 plate will hold the roof? Maybe I just over-worry as a father with too much emphasis on swooshability :)

I've never seen or heard of one of these before. But it looks neat. I like the color scheme.

Maybe that's an european thing. But they are common here and these old styled ones looks quite good. That was the model:

3-newsstand.jpg

OMG !

can you share the lxf file with us please......please ? :grin:

Though all the stickers might be a problem.........any thing else on the digital drawing board ' Yooha' ? :wink:

I share to lxf as soon as I get home. And I can share the stickers as well, though it takes a few minutes to change the default ones in LDDtoPOVray - actually the build looks quite silly with the default stickers - monitors and pirate maps in the display, pointers and eyes(!) on the shelves!

And yes, there are some plans yet to be built :)

By the way, homework to everyone: Can you identify, what kind of "things" can be bought in the kiosk? They are all existing hungarian brands. (Except the newspapers, they are fictional or based on lego themes.)

Great looking MOC and a great idea, even with playability! One question however, do the lone 1x1 plate will hold the roof? Maybe I just over-worry as a father with too much emphasis on swooshability :)

No, one plate won't :) It was easier in LDD to move the roof if there is only one element to remove all the time. You can change the 1x1 brick at the other side of the entance to two 1x1 plates and one 1x1 tile, and the 1x4 tile at the back to that "two studs on either end of a 1x4 tile" or whatever it is called. And sorry, but this building is not for swoosh :D

Edited by Yooha

This is awesome! So clever, and looks great too! Well done.

By the looks of it 'Yooha'.......you have taken a leaf out of someone's book eh ? :laugh:

Hungarian brands......mine Aussie brands.......who's next ? :laugh:

Please the instructions and sticker sheet design pretty please dude I want to make one to put in my china cabinet.....and sometimes play with the kiosk ? :blush:

Anything else Hungarian planned ?

Edit - how about a CBA supermarket eh ? :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Awsome work 'Yooha'. My favorite is the Negro sweeties.

And I have a suggestion too, same building different color: National Tobbaco shop? :wink:

Very cool and quite similar to the ones we used to have here in Serbia. Do all those parts exist in those colors, or is it a LDD-only MOC?

And I have a suggestion too, same building different color: National Tobbaco shop? :wink:

Uhm...no.

Very cool and quite similar to the ones we used to have here in Serbia. Do all those parts exist in those colors, or is it a LDD-only MOC?

Unfortunately they don't - or I don't thin k so, I didn't check. But I don't let TLG limit me in this :)

Really nice work as usual :laugh: I really like the 'opening' design that allows full access to the build!

Looks great. I'd love to see it in bricks.

Well, it truely is a great design, so I too wanted to see it in bricks.

I actually ran it through my own "lxf-to-wantedlist" conversion programme, to see if I could buy the parts, but this design proves to be just about unbuildable.

Loads of parts in colours that are in fact unobtainable. Pity, because I love the dark green.

But, again, as a design, It's brilliant.

Keep clicking those bricks together, Yooha!

Edited by Withacee

I didn't check to availability of the bricks for this one. I wanted it in dark green.

Edited by Yooha

I understand, Yohaa. I work in LDD a lot too, and if there is no direct intention to build it in real bricks, one tends to ignore the parts availability. :classic:

I just thought it was a pity, because we would have loved to build it.

And as I said earlier, I agree, the dark green is great!

Thanks again, for a great idea; we might redesign it a bit for a future build.

There used to be a similar kiosk in the same colour in Amsterdam.

I'll experiment about a bit; maybe with a combo of Tan/Dark read or Tan/Dark tan.

We'll see.