Is seems tough to fill.

In your opinion which do you prefer A or B model the most?

Edited by davidmull

I prefer A, but it would be way better without that jerky steering. The B would be quite cool - we don't have many Technic haulers to choose from - if the cargo hold was more functional.

If you put some stuff into the dumpersection it would look someting like this.

14626409936_1d4ebd41d3_z.jpg

Yeah, you can deffo add a few beams in the easy to fill spots, but i am not sure it would look good and there would be gaps....hard to say without building it and seeing what could be done. I am sure it will MOC'd though.

Best solution would be that TLG made a dumper bed specifically designed for the B-model, like they made the bucket for the A-model :laugh: that would be cool.

I do agree, I think they made a very good B-model when you consider that they could only use the parts from the loader. It looks realistic and has the functions it should have, and that's what matters.

Of course it's hard to do 100 % when you work with a specific set of parts, but that's where modding comes in.

Best solution would be that TLG made a dumper bed specifically designed for the B-model, like they made the bucket for the A-model :laugh: that would be cool.

I do agree, I think they made a very good B-model when you consider that they could only use the parts from the loader. It looks realistic and has the functions it should have, and that's what matters.

Of course it's hard to do 100 % when you work with a specific set of parts, but that's where modding comes in.

Like that big ugly thing from the Lego city sets? no thank you, that ruins the essence of Technic IMO, I can see why they make separate buckets, but you can make perfectly good dumper beds with normal Technic and Lego system plates etc :classic:

Although in saying that, maybe they could've added additional pieces/panels to pad it out a bit and make it slightly less holey. They've done this before with the 8929 Cherry Picker, which had a big Lego plate to act as the dumper bed, although the overall design needed a bit more refining :grin:

8292 you mean. They did the same for 8294. I guess TLG felt generous that year.

Edited by jantjeuh

Just noticed on USA Lego Shop at Home, all 11 2014 sets are now available. 42030 is on back order until the end of August though.

Does anyone that bought the 42029 own the 8297 off-road truck? I'd like to see a side by side comparison. I'm disappointed that the 42029 has smaller tires, so I wonder if the whole truck looks smaller in scale.

Does anyone that bought the 42029 own the 8297 off-road truck? I'd like to see a side by side comparison. I'm disappointed that the 42029 has smaller tires, so I wonder if the whole truck looks smaller in scale.

Here you go. I wouldn't say it looks smaller.

800x598.jpg

Thank you for the picture Blakbird! They do look great together. I'll have to get an extra set of the larger tires.