I think for the parts, and mod potential, this is the set I'm going to get this year, 42030 is out of my budget unfortunately :sceptic:

It's a nice looking set. Do you not prefer fully rc sets like the loader? Do u prefer this to the loader?

I beg to differ, there are three cameos altogether, including a hamster in a hat :P

Three lousy cameos in a 30 minute video. I bet their agent was furious.

I wonder who is first to build an Ultimate 42029. Probably efferman.

Edited by jantjeuh

This video is 13 minutes long, at least in my timezone :P And their agent was furry, for sure.

D'oh, brainfart. Meant to write 13 and somehow it became 30. Also missed an opportunity for a pun there I see, grrr. Anyways, keep up the good work with your video reviews, and give your hamsters a pet from me (I love furry little critters like that).

I surely will. I'm working on 42030 B-model review now, so no rest for the wicked, erm, furry ones ;)

Ah, excellent. I was hoping for a review of that B-model. It looks interesting for sure, was thinking of lengthening the bed and adding a 3rd axle.

Just downloaded the instructions, will build it in the morning. Then will look at modding it, see how I go for time, the LUG has a show this weekend

Um, don't you think that live axle in the rear would be difficult to fit under the cargo bed?

As it is now, I'm not in love with the 42029, but I'm curious what it could become in the hands of experienced MOD-ers.

A live rear axle should be possible, I managed to fit one under my lowered 41999, but it will depend on the desired articulation.

Absolutely, thank you.

Yay! more people will see it and then Sariel will post a behind the scenes video!

I surely will. I'm working on 42030 B-model review now, so no rest for the wicked, erm, furry ones ;)

Sounds good sariel when's this review been posted? I'll be interested to see how it compares to the A model.

I hope to finish it over this weekend. The 42029 is absorbing though, once you start modding it.

For those interested: the same austrian shop shop offering the 42030 for € 169,- (pre-order), is also selling the Dozer (42028) for € 29,99. The Pickup 42029 is sold for only € 67,99!

Regardless if they ship to your country or not: it reveals the future marketprice we can expect from the common low-price-shops!

Yes but as I've asked in the other post they don't ship in UK at first place! Prices are amazing, obviously in the future every shop will make discounts on them....as starting date the austrian is unbeatable!

So what's the way to get them shipped here in UK?

Ask your government to join the EU, it will make things like customs and currencysh*t superflous :laugh:, thus simplifying shipping for shopowners.

No, I'm sorry, you could ask them (just write in English and refer to the topic here for better chances). When not, just be patient for another 3 weeks.

The italian brick.......I suppose I'm italian! :tongue: I would ask my government to leave the EU!!!!! I just live in UK!

Anyway....for discount at that price I'll need to wait more that 3 weeks!! but no problem them...I'll write them an email and see if we can deal!

I will deffo buy 2 of the 42030...but that B model deffo needs modding on the dumper section, its way too open and bitsy....can you not throw a few beams in there to fill it out?, or does it need a whole redesign and be taken apart?

It dosen't seem too easy to just add panels or beams...maybe a few, considering the parts left over from the B build i think the designers should have used more leftover parts on the back end.

Nice review Sariel, had to laugh at the bit where you 'fill' the bed. Also agree with all the cons, quite a mediocre B-model after all.

Also, hamsters are on strike? Guess that's what you get when you abuse their precious food like that.

Still, a lot of beans would fall out of it :tongue:

---

I actually like the B model. We should remember it is not a official set, but a official B model and so we should not compare it with set standards. Designing a good B model is very difficult and I think they did a very good job here :classic: