I will add a link to your video review in my written review, if that's okay with you.

Absolutely, thank you.

Sariel, it was worth to wait for your video review - Thanks (Dzięki)

Thanks, it took some work, including one day when I stayed up till 5 AM. Still, I think most of the credit goes to the hamsters ;)

Thank you. To me, the building experience felt too much like "beams, beams, beams, and then some beams on top of these beams". Plus, the rear axle assembly oscillates freely every time you pick up the chassis, which quickly becomes annoying.

Oh, really annoying! Thank you! If only I had a slight thought to buy this set you gave me so much clear ideas.

It is massive, i know, and also fun to play with it I think...but I love my old 8265; more little but MORE intricate. And only this thing gave to 8265 deliciousness! (IMHO :classic: )

Hoping for 2015 sets :)

Congratulations again for the review!

Edited by MrTekneex

Sariel, do you have any plans to make a review for 42029? You've done an absolutely phenomenal job with these two reviews already, so I'm eager to see more. So far, that set has been shrouded mostly in mystery.

Thanks. I don't have this set and at the moment I'm unable to tell if I'll be getting it.

Very informative video Sariel, thanks! Your hamsters did a good job too, hope they have a good agent.

Finally, the 42029. Long story short, I love this set! I think it's among the best of the last few years - not overdone with fancy stuff, just really, really good with what it does.

Thank you for the excellent review, Sariel.

Is LEGO using the black worm gear again? I was expecting a larger LA to be used on the tipping bed, and I'm not super thrilled about the mLA setup. Not a bad set though...

Nice review as usual, Sariel. Will definitely be using Power Pullers myself.

I'm going to need a loan for all these great sets this year! Thanks for another great review Sariel!

Great review as always! Now we have to wait another year for another set of reviews :sad: Looking forward to this set now

It always amazes me that you can make these reviews so long... I look at the runtime and think 30 minutes? I'm not watching that whole thing!

Then watch the whole darn thing.

Edited by rollermonkey

It always amazes me that you can make these reviews so long...

Well, I'm trying to cut down on the runtime while editing, but as a rule of the thumb I think a review should be thorough above all else :)

How does the Pickup Truck look like with the wheels of the 4x4 Off-Roader? It sure is impressive with PP wheels.

And again, awesome review! :wink:

How does the Pickup Truck look like with the wheels of the 4x4 Off-Roader? It sure is impressive with PP wheels.

And again, awesome review! :wink:

Did you look at Sariel's video?

I guess he means the 8297 Offroader wheels, same as Crawler's. My video doesn't show these on this truck.

I guess he means the 8297 Offroader wheels, same as Crawler's. My video doesn't show these on this truck.

Answer to both: I did mean the 9398 wheels. But, in the video he just held them next to the pickup for comparison. I just wondered what the Pickup looks like with these wheels mounted on it. But, in the meantime I saw the comparison picture of rm8 ;)

Disturbing lack of hamster in that video, by the way. One small cameo is not enough to do their greatness justice. Get your shit together, Sariel.

Edited by jantjeuh

Disturbing lack of hamster in that video, by the way. One small cameo is not enough to do their greatness justice. Get your shit together, Sariel.

That's compensated for by the angry hamsters on the stickers!

By the way, I was planning to skip this one, but your review makes me reconsider… My wife won't be happy...

Edited by rener

Does the red 42029 have diffs?

Edited by SNIPE

I beg to differ, there are three cameos altogether, including a hamster in a hat :P

Does the red 42029 have diffs?

One in the rear axle, yes.

Sariel - you confirmed my suspicions that this would be an excellent set, thanks for the great review! Of course, there is no sign of this in the US :devil: , but I'll have time to plan out a strategy to fully motorize with L (or XL) for RWD and servo for steering.

Update - just checked the LEGO website, all of the 2014 1H and 2H sets are listed in the Technic page :sweet: , but not on S@H :sceptic: - which means we will get them sometime by the end of the year??? if not sooner???

Edited by JGW3000