At the moment I only have 42028 and 42030 to review, the latter with June date. I should be getting one more set, but I don't know which or when yet. I'm hoping somebody else will post reviews here, too, I know I'm not the only one getting 42030.

Edited by Sariel

I can not wait to see the review for the new Volvo Fron Loader, i have almost all yellow machines so i may be getting this too.

+1 waiting for your review Sariel very much. :classic: I'm into big yellow machnies and I'm sure at the end the 42030 will be considered a true and remarkable LEGO Technic flagship.

Morning .... Sariel has been partying last night .... :classic::iamded_lol:

... can't wait for the review ...

Sariel! Are you and your hamster wasted again!? Damn drunk building sessions :drunk:

EDIT:

I will remove this when Sariel posts his official response :)

Edited by Zblj

Great! Will take a close look when I get home tonight :thumbup:

Thanks Sariel!

You made an little error though, in the end, you say something about the 8110 Unimog and that it has no electric elements. Well, it does, it has a motor for the pneumatic pump :wink:

Amazing video review Sariel. Nice job on all the elements you put into this video.

On the set itself, i think it looks amazing, and seeing it drive around makes me want it even more. Although this set has some flaws, for me it's a set i really want to have.

I compare it to 9398, which i didn't buy because of the looks, and the lack of functionality. I think this set has more of both.

Thanks Sariel!

You made an little error though, in the end, you say something about the 8110 Unimog and that it has no electric elements. Well, it does, it has a motor for the pneumatic pump :wink:

Yeah, and enough more parts to build this :grin:

tn_8440-1.jpg

Outstanding video review Sariel (even with minor mistake regarding 8110). I enjoyed every moment of it, thank you.

Fantastic review Sariel! I'll admit I wasn't very impressed with it when photos of it first came out. Parts of it look rather unfinished, especially the front end, and I wasn't too ecstatic about having another yellow construction vehicle as the flagship for a second consecutive year. But it really makes up for that with it's functions and playability IMO, and the fact it is licensed and has the most PF elements ever understandably makes it the highest priced Technic set ever, despite not having the largest piece count. If it were to be the same price as the previous flagships, I will definitely get it, but it will likely be closer to $299 here in Canada, so it's a bit tough to swallow. But I will reconsider it after having watched your outstanding review. :)

This is the best review that I ever seen; it really explains everything you need to know about this set!

I'm just wondering why about the only two stars of the building experience; maybe for the poorness of gears? I am a lover of them ; often my enjoy of building experience is proportional of amount of the gears ;)

Thank you for detailed review. :sweet:

I'm just wondering why about the only two stars of the building experience;

Thank you. To me, the building experience felt too much like "beams, beams, beams, and then some beams on top of these beams". Plus, the rear axle assembly oscillates freely every time you pick up the chassis, which quickly becomes annoying.

Agreed. The building process is boring.

Someone has always to disagree, and this my turn. :wink:

I didn't find boring at all, nor repetitive. Maybe because I was doing in Live Stream an interacting with the folks, but it was pretty fun to build. :classic:

It won't be so fun now, to prepare the review material. Specially after all the information tha PAul already put in his viedo! :laugh:

Great review sariel thank you. You do seem to have a lot of flaws with this set tough :( I love it :)

Very nice video review!!

I did like the build, but I must admit that there's nothing spectacular.

Great to see the Train remote is doing a great job. Would be great to have a special remote for these kind of vehicles.

I will add a link to your video review in my written review, if that's okay with you.