gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey guys! I'm GuyDudeMan27. I've been around on this forum for a while, and I am happy to present my latest MOC, the Imperial RTT, or Reconnaissance-Troop-Transport. There are some difference between my design and the source material, but I'm happy with the final product. I hope you enjoy! :sweet: Also, if anyone wants the LDD file, I will attach it. Feel free to make changes and add them here so I can see them!RTT (imp).lxf

RTT+imp+pic.png

I based most of my design off of this image. The Kenner toy of this looks a bit different, but this is the more realistic look, in my opinion.

640px-9trooptransporter.JPG

That is one wierd vehicle, especially because the stormtroopers are suposed to be carried like that, it is pretty accurate but I think you could use some creative licence here, nice job :thumbup: .

That is one wierd vehicle, especially because the stormtroopers are suposed to be carried like that, it is pretty accurate but I think you could use some creative licence here, nice job :thumbup: .

Thanks! I am going to try to update the model a little more. there are some parts I'm not super happy with. The biggest issue is the front section. There is a limit to what you can do with legos.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

I love the varying degrees of SNOT all over the model, certainly in those pods on the sides. I'm with Nom thinking it's quite an obscure vehicle, from that image it's very accurate but it's hard to tell whether the front is curved like that or whether it's more angular. It would look even better with some greebles but I don't know how easy that is in LDD. Generally though, an intriguing great build!

I love the varying degrees of SNOT all over the model, certainly in those pods on the sides. I'm with Nom thinking it's quite an obscure vehicle, from that image it's very accurate but it's hard to tell whether the front is curved like that or whether it's more angular. It would look even better with some greebles but I don't know how easy that is in LDD. Generally though, an intriguing great build!

The way I've built it doesn't really allow for very many greebles. It's not too hard in LDD. Also, the whole thing is not to perfect scale, since I didn't want it too long. If I built it another way greebles would probably be easier, and overall a more stable build.

I'd never heard of this vehicle until now, but I have to say you have done quite a good job. :classic:

Edited by Legoman123

I've always liked this carrier since the Kenner version back in the day.

Is it just me or do the doors not open at the front?

There's a couple of other versions of this that I've seen... each one has their merits.

Keep up the good work!

I'd never heard of this vehicle until now, but I have to say you have done quite a good job. :classic:

Thanks! It's quite an obscure vehicle.

I've always liked this carrier since the Kenner version back in the day.

Is it just me or do the doors not open at the front?

There's a couple of other versions of this that I've seen... each one has their merits.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I think It's a little big after seeing some other MOCs. Not sure about the doors though.

After not posting any MOCs here for a while, I recently went back to look at this topic, and decided there were some things I was displeased with in the original design, so I went back and made some changes. I know a Rebels version of this vehicle is eminent, but I still want to buff this one out before that one comes out. All that aside, here is the V 1.2! Enjoy! :sweet:

As you can see, not a whole lot changed here. Mostly, I added some greebling on top, seen here. I went away from the smooth and clean look from before, and gave it a much more gritty, industrial look. Also, a tiny detail barely noticeable is that I deepened the troop baskets from two studs to four. This picture should set the motif for this update, simple changes.

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.48.26.png

Here is a shot from the back, showing off the "door" of the vehicle. some sources show a kind of engine thing in the back, but I just left it squared off. I added a ton more greebling here from the first model. You can also see more of the top greebles and the turret.

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.50.47.png

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.48.45.png

A shot of the new interior. Before, this whole area was just empty, but now it contains six chairs for troops, as well as a gun rack for six troops. I know the stormies are supposed to hang out of the sides, but this is the alternative way of doing it. :laugh: You can also see a glimpse of the controls, elaborated in the next pic. There are two seats for your drivers, with corresponding controls.

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.49.37.png

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.50.01.png

P.S: sorry for the huge pic at the end. It wont go any smaller :hmpf_bad:

I really like your first iteration.it has a nice solid, military feel to it. I think I remember the original toy from back in the day. Rather impractical I think - the troops are sitting ducks? I find it tricky to judge your new one until/unless it's in real bricks.

WOW!

Great work and looks really authentic to the original!

Nice MOC.

markus

I have tried to build a bigger version with 2 rebels transport but yours is best....

Thank you! I built this guy before Rebels was on, so it takes no inspiration from there.