kabel

People of Mitgardia - lesson I

In order to protect them from the evil that was to come, De Gothia had recently sent his children to be fostered by his allies in Mitgardia and Kaliphlin. His son Albion was evetually recieved by Steen Larsson in Thorshaven and was to learn the art of diplomacy. So in order to be doing so, Steen takes young DeGothia through the streets of Thorhaven in order to tell him the way of the Mitgardian people.

14275893025_f1a2e84692_c.jpg

"Well Albion, this is the Thorshaven Town Hall. After the Thing in Valholl, these kind of meeting halls all over Mitgardia are the places were politics are made by the people. Not everwhere do Mitgardians meet in houses like this, sometimes it takes nothing more than a clearing in the forest for the people to congregate and voice their opinion. And the first thing that you have to understand about Migardian politics is:

Mitgardians love to fight!

Not only in the battle field but also in the politcal arena do things become really heated! Our people are very emotional and whenever they are annoyed about something, they storm the parliaments to voice their opinion."

Steen takes Albion a step closer to the mob:

14272566901_1525b88fcc_c.jpg

"Albion, don't be frightened by all the screaming. Our criticism may sound raw and wild, espcially when uttered by our Dwarven brethren. But every Mitgardian citizen has a saying in the meetings and after the fight is over, there is nothing these fellows like better than a good ale down in the Town Hall basement where it is warm and cozy."

14272568811_d4c4ab3e0b_c.jpg

"And yes, these dwarves are really angered. They want to go and fight the Shraliek in order to free the famous Eric Grimmson, a good friend of the Mitgardian dwarves. But the council is reluctant, noone knows what might be going on across the border in Nocturnus. So why risk war with the new ruthless rulers over there, before our troops are fully prepared ... . I really miss my friend Grimmson though!"

To be continued ..

very nice house!!! congratz Kabel :thumbup:

Is it going to be a part of Thorshaven? :classic:

Really cool Town Hall, kabel :thumbup: I like the color scheme and the arches give it a distinguished feel :classic:

Nice job on the house! I agree, the combination of white arches and the red roof look very distinguished and official. Maybe adding some figs or furniture inside the portico would help populate the scene.

As others have said, the color scheme is great, the white goes well with the roof and dark brown. I have to agree with Steen, who doesn't enjoy a good fight!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! So yes, this is part of another Thorshaven module, it will eventually be placed at the to be constructed market place my wife asked me to add to the layout. So yet another row of modules that I don't know where to store in my room ... I will also expand the town hall a little further in the back, so this is not the final version.

Love it kabel! The arches fits very well into Mitgardia and I like the colours of the moc! Great to see my son in action as well!

Very nice building and great scene with those minifigs :classic: Thorshaven keeps growing!

The lower floor of the building looks a bit cold in winter when the North wind from the Frozen Beyond is blowing? :wink:

You got anything planned, Gideon?

Well, not anything at the moment since I'm in full building mode for Challenge 2 and Brickworld...but I will definitely try to include Elijah in upcoming Barqa MOCs :classic:

Really nice building Kabel! The white gothic half-arches look great and so does the half-timbering and that lovely red roof. :thumbup: The only thing that looks a bit out of place is the roof end (rake) - it just seems a little plain and unfinished for such an important-looking building.

Nice to see Albion getting out and about in Thorshaven! :classic:

Great work Kabel! I like the gothic arches you used in the lower part, they look very nice.

well thanks guys, glad you like it.

@Gideon: this is actually loosely modeled after this town hall in northwestern Germany:

stadtansichten-altes-rathaus-b.jpg

Originally it had an open lower level too. It was mainly used on market day, when it was raining or snowing. So what's a little wind to us Mitgardians? Piece of cake!

@Gabe: you're right about the rake. It was the last piece I added and it wasn't fully thought through yet. However, this is the first stage only, I will add more to it and redo the rake.

@simon: the moment I saw the gothis arches I wanted to do this building. So you can actually say I only build this so I can do something with those arches!.

A simple and lovely house! Uhm, the torch is out.. :look: