The Joker1

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Video Game Discussion)

It's the only place, which makes vehicles kind of useless.

That's really annoying... And doing those races gets quite repetitive after a while... Why include a bunch of cool vehicles of the only place you can use them is in Oa? I hope a DLC comes out with a new world, or something that will let us use vehicles elsewhere. I'd gladly buy that.

Edited by legozebra

Saw this was posted today on Arthur Parsons' Twitter page:

Looks pretty fun!

Cool! I love the designs for the minifigs. This'll be fun when it comes out!

Anybody who has the Arrow pack, care to give a run-down on the power sets of all the characters? The DLC for Marvel just had re-skinned versions of default characters and I'm hoping that that's not the case here.

Actually, I have a question about that. I have the PC version of the game, and running it on my Mac through Feral... I got the Season Pass when it first came out and now, it says the Arrow DLC is in my library but when I play the game, it's not there... Any ideas how to install it?

Side note: Achievements have been added for the Squad and the Bizzaro DLCs...

Edited by legozebra

Bummer I thought the Bizarro pack was supposed to get us Guy and Darkseid :sceptic: Ah well, Bizzaros are good.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - Bizarro World Pack

Aaaand Arrow still doesn't work for Mac.... Pretty disappointed

Anyway, the pack is interesting, as it doesn't have DS... Wonder if this means we'll get him later.

Edited by legozebra

Anybody who has the Arrow pack, care to give a run-down on the power sets of all the characters? The DLC for Marvel just had re-skinned versions of default characters and I'm hoping that that's not the case here.

Arrow, Arsenal, and Roy Harper are all Green Arrow clones, IIRC.

Slade's pretty unique, digging, whilst also being acrobatic (don't quote me), and having a gun.

Smoak and Diggle are both basic guns, as are the Foot Soldiers.

The Arrow Cycle is a basic motorbike, nothing new.

Again, don't quote me for that, I've not played the game in like a week.

Bummer I thought the Bizarro pack was supposed to get us Guy and Darkseid.

Fear not you handsome maniac! It does!

ahem. sorry everyone, I just saw that nobody had clarified this yet. :P

Suicide squad being released March 3

Got a source on that? Excited to play it, and I want to know for sure.

Ooooof. After playing the Bizarro and Squad DLCs, I can only say what a letdown. Both were incredably boring. Each had only three or so sections, and basically nothing was going on in any of them.

I think I'm most disappointed in the Squad pack though. The level seemed at the start to be incredably fun, but it was actually just fighting a total of fifteen henchmen (or so) and opening like three doors...that was it. The apparent plot was a break in (by Killer Moth--not present at all) and you don't even have any kind of boss battle.

---

I have to say after having the game for a while now...I think it sucks to be honest. The overall story is generic DC and terrible, and I have no interest in replaying it or wandering around empty Lantern planets. I'm at 75% or so, and I think that's where it'll stay. The DLCs are universally disappointments, with the only good thing about them being the characters--who many of, quite frankly, should have been in the game to begin with. And don't even get me started on the overused Batman 1 music and those horrid Tron levels.

After playing the amazing Lego Marvel game, this DC one is just subpar in every way.

He's referring to the odd VR games when hacking a computer (or to unlock characters and vehicles). I think this hub system is terrible, though. I much preferred the open-world Gotham and New York to the small planets and enclosed areas. I think that's going to deter me from buying the new Marvel game this year, because I expect the world system will be rather similar.

Edited by 8BrickMario