The Joker1

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Video Game Discussion)

Based on that picture of Luthor and Joker and whoever else that is in space, I can't help but think of when all of the supervillains teamed up in another lego game...*cough* lego marvel *cough*. Looks like that's what we'll be getting here. It still irks me that this is another Lego batman. He already gets all the DC sets. You don't see the lego marvel game being called "Lego Spider-man.....and everyone else" Why can't DC do that? Also I really don't like that cover with Green Lantern and Batman. Hope that isn't the final. It should feature all of them, not just those two and Braniac? Is that who that is?

Also I really don't like that cover with Green Lantern and Batman. Hope that isn't the final. It should feature all of them, not just those two and Braniac? Is that who that is?

Yeah, its Braniac. And the cover kind of bothers me too. If Green Lantern is that big of a character in the game, then his gameplay had better be more interesting than in LB2.

Yeah, its Braniac. And the cover kind of bothers me too. If Green Lantern is that big of a character in the game, then his gameplay had better be more interesting than in LB2.

The cover looks more like a set than anything. Maybe it is a set. GL is *apparently* rumored to be coming some time in the next year or so.

Based on that picture of Luthor and Joker and whoever else that is in space, I can't help but think of when all of the supervillains teamed up in another lego game...*cough* lego marvel *cough*.

So? DC villains have been teaming up with each other since before Marvel even existed, and even then it's not an issue. If heroes are going to team up, so are the villains. Nobody is copying anybody. Not to mention, the other two Batman games did feature villains banding together.

Looks like that's what we'll be getting here. It still irks me that this is another Lego batman. He already gets all the DC sets. You don't see the lego marvel game being called "Lego Spider-man.....and everyone else" Why can't DC do that? Also I really don't like that cover with Green Lantern and Batman. Hope that isn't the final. It should feature all of them, not just those two and Braniac? Is that who that is?

This is fair though. I'm not bothered because 150 characters to me means more "DC Universe with Batman at the forefront" than "Batman with a Justice League cameo" but yeah, you couldn't tell that from the artwork. Hopefully the series will follow the "Four is Death" trope and will be rebranded with the next installment.

I'm really surprised that this is coming Fall 2014, just like Arkham Knight. Interesting release choice.

Edited by just2good

So? DC villains have been teaming up with each other since before Marvel even existed, and even then it's not an issue. If heroes are going to team up, so are the villains. Nobody is copying anybody. Not to mention, the other two Batman games did feature villains banding together.

This is fair though. I'm not bothered because 150 characters to me means more "DC Universe with Batman at the forefront" than "Batman with a Justice League cameo" but yeah, you couldn't tell that from the artwork. Hopefully the series will follow the "Four is Death" trope and will be rebranded with the next installment.

I think he meant how he villains team up with the heroes to defeat a greater threat. That doesn't really bother me, I mean there's been 2 games already, they've sort of run out of other options.

I think the name is misrepresentative. He said in an interview on the last page or 2 that it is more of a DC universe game than a batman game. I guess they use the name because there is a huge batman fandom, especially in the gaming universe.

I wasn't talking about DC copying Marvel in general, I was just saying this videogame seems like it will be very similar to the Marvel one in terms of story with villains/heroes teaming up or what have you. And yeah, the title is just more of Lego riding on the power of the batman logo, I suppose. Even if we all may be a little tired..hopefully the JL gets an equal and fair amount of time unlike in previous installments.

Check the 2014 Superheroes Rumors thread. :wink: Anyways here's the source. http://instagram.com/p/oeEeLuOUC7/

Awesome, yeah I know, I shoulda done that in the first place :blush:

LOBO needs to be in this game. With Boba Fett's gun and grenades, Aragorn's tracker abilities, Indy's whip attack and tug, and Wolverine's healing abilities. And his space bike.

I guess I now know what my son and I will be doing over the next school holidays after this is released...let's hope they do a movie like they did for the last one. IMO The best Lego games are those where TT has come up with an original storyline (eg Batman, Marvel) without the restirctions of having to reproduce scenarios from existing films.

Its a space based game. 100% it will feature other lantern corps. They mention Brainiac harnessing the lanterns rings.

There is a whole emotional spectrum of characters to use.

Heres some big bads.

Would LOVE a bigfig Arkillo!

Red Lanterns

Red_Lanterns_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

Sinestro Corps (Yellow Lanterns)

green-lantern-sinestro-corps-war.jpg

I'd say 100% it'll feature the yellow ones but it doesn't have to go beyond yellow and green.

Anyways I'm thoroughly unexcited. Can't get excited for Lego games anymore. They haven't changed enough.

I'm really surprised that this is coming Fall 2014, just like Arkham Knight. Interesting release choice.

In the fall most games are released. And this year Batman celebrates his 75th anniversary, so that's why.

One quickie, Do games usually go by fall being september 27th ish or are they going by a different fall? Never got my head round that one :laugh: . In more important news after some digging i found this quote by game director parsons "You're not going to be playing Batman and Robin in every level, You're going to be playing Wonder Woman, Solomon Grundy, Flash." Yes its a long shot but as he mentions solomon in a level related sense do you think that could be the first hint to villain levels? Anyway please keep any news coming.

Edited by The Joker1

This new pic clearly shows the space-suit batman outfit, Also a strange purple-y outfit???

That would be the legendary Batman of Zurr-En-Arrh! Originally a Batman from another planet, now it's a back-up personality for Batman, just in case his current one's compromised. It seems like the kinda suit that would be used as a variant costume in the game.

That image of Space Batman and hypnotized Green Lantern is likely just promotional art, not cover art. Nothing to worry about too much.

Just looking at previous lego games that have been released in fall and it looks like we should get it by the beginning of November.

Im not sure if there will be villain specific levels but I do know that the heroes and villains team up allowing the player to play as both heroes and villains in story mode.

Just looking at previous lego games that have been released in fall and it looks like we should get it by the beginning of November.

Im not sure if there will be villain specific levels but I do know that the heroes and villains team up allowing the player to play as both heroes and villains in story mode.

Nice, Not too far away then :grin: , I emailed the team behind LBM2 last night asking about villain levels and they said they're not confirming details about the game beyond what they have told us already, But they did say to keep an eye on there page. :wink:

Edited by The Joker1

Actually I think I have the answer: in the announcement they said the Justice League and the Legion of Doom team up to fight Brainiac. So I'm guessing both heroes and villains in the levels.

I really hope that the villian levels return from Lego Batman 2, because they doubled the amount of levels in the game. Also, the whole 'heroes team up with villains' thing sounds interesting :sweet:

Actually I think I have the answer: in the announcement they said the Justice League and the Legion of Doom team up to fight Brainiac. So I'm guessing both heroes and villains in the levels.

I really hope that the villian levels return from Lego Batman 2, because they doubled the amount of levels in the game. Also, the whole 'heroes team up with villains' thing sounds interesting :sweet:

Both sound very plausible, Even if there is a co-op of bad and good characters in a few levels I would personally still like levels as just villains, Maybe they could do to separate plot lines (one hero and one villain) Then combine them at the end of the game for an ultimate showdown.

Both sound very plausible, Even if there is a co-op of bad and good characters in a few levels I would personally still like levels as just villains, Maybe they could do to separate plot lines (one hero and one villain) Then combine them at the end of the game for an ultimate showdown.

That actually sounds like a very nice idea for a LEGO game, even if it doesn't happen for this one. :P

Its a space based game. 100% it will feature other lantern corps. They mention Brainiac harnessing the lanterns rings.

There is a whole emotional spectrum of characters to use.

I'm sure they will have representative members from the different corps, at least the leaders and the human members*, but on top of that, a line from the press release seemed to imply that the League and Co. will be assigned power rings at some point:

"...the power of the Lantern rings bring unexpected twists to the classic characters’ personalities."

Back to representative members, for greens in particular I'd bet on a bigfig Kilowog.

Other non-humans that would make good picks: Ganthet the guardian, Dex-starr, that beautiful, beautiful Blue Lantern Giraffe, Arkillo (talk about popular demand)...

I'm sure some Corps will have generic members to brawl against.

I think Lanterns should take up between 12 and 22 out of the 150-ish character slots.

*Leaders: Sinestro, Saint Walker, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, whoever the heck speaks for Indigo

Humans: Hal, John, Carol (probably not Baz or Rankorr or any non-Carol Sapphires, maybe Guy and Kyle)

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

You seem interested in this game. Are you getting it?

BTW, for those that questioned Robin making a heart sign in the trailer. It's intentional, it's really funny, it has no other context outside that he likes the new suit, so don't look too deep into it.

That actually sounds like a very nice idea for a LEGO game, even if it doesn't happen for this one. :P

Haha cheers, I always thought game designers should ask the opinion of the people with new games, After all we are going to be the ones buying them :grin:

I'm sure they will have representative members from the different corps, at least the leaders and the human members*, but on top of that, a line from the press release seemed to imply that the League and Co. will be assigned power rings at some point:

"...the power of the Lantern rings bring unexpected twists to the classic characters’ personalities."

Back to representative members, for greens in particular I'd bet on a bigfig Kilowog.

Other non-humans that would make good picks: Ganthet the guardian, Dex-starr, that beautiful, beautiful Blue Lantern Giraffe, Arkillo (talk about popular demand)...

I'm sure some Corps will have generic members to brawl against.

I think Lanterns should take up between 12 and 22 out of the 150-ish character slots.

*Leaders: Sinestro, Saint Walker, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, whoever the heck speaks for Indigo

Humans: Hal, John, Carol (probably not Baz or Rankorr or any non-Carol Sapphires, maybe Guy and Kyle)

I think it is very likely we will see at least some representative from the best known corps, And its prety certian at least the 5/6 best known members of the greens will appear alongside a number of yellows.

And yeah i recon Kilowog will be a bigfig, After all they love to throw them in to draw excitement (venom, Kingpin etc)

You seem interested in this game. Are you getting it?

Well seeing as this is the game discussion thread i imagine he would show some interest???

BTW, for those that questioned Robin making a heart sign in the trailer. It's intentional, it's really funny, it has no other context outside that he likes the new suit, so don't look too deep into it.

Agreed, I don't really want this thread clogged by this sort of discussion so I we could turn our attentions elsewhere that would be great. :classic:

Cheers everyone, And as a treat here's a picture of alfred :wink: .

14302815845_12a7db2bf1_o.jpg#legobatman3 #legobatmangame by Maniac4LEGO, on Flickr