Hello again guys!

I return with some news of Santa Catalina fortress!

As he said, this was a diorama WIP, so this year I've been working on it and here's recently updated diorama. I plan to continue adding some surprises in the colonial city and other "stuff" in the maritime area ... pirate_satisfied.gif

This addition is a colonial town with a harbor area, a small market and a plantation of sugar cane.

I hope you like it as much this expansion. Measuring 8 x 4 base plates and I invested 60,000 bricks.

18427395449_ce8475fea0_h.jpgRoyal Island by Marc Gelabertó, en Flickr

18042821169_60bac08ca1_h.jpgSanta Catalina fortress continues... by Marc Gelabertó, en Flickr

18202569046_c20245734e_h.jpgSanta Catalina fortress continues... by Marc Gelabertó, en Flickr

18129249219_c3440320c3_h.jpgSin título by Marc Gelabertó, en Flickr

18229051875_4bf7831c75_h.jpgSanta Catalina fortress continues... by Marc Gelabertó, en Flickr

Edited by pretoriano

I'm happy to see this coming back to life. It was first posted about halfway through my time lurking around this site and Classic-Pirates. After viewing so much material it all starts to run together at some point but this is one that always stood out in my mind. It's one of the best Lego forts I've ever seen. The building techniques and details are excellent, and the size and scale are truly big enough to be a fort and not just another outpost.

The new additions look lovely as well. Again, the combination of good techniques and details really make the scene visibly arresting. The entire arrangement makes good use of color throughout. The variety of minifigs and buildings are nice (I actually prefer domestic settings over military subject matter, although I like both).

As part of the full diorama, the city/town would more fully balance the setting if it was a little bigger. That might sound foolish considering the total size and piece count, but still the fort overwhelms the rest of the scene. The original post (from May of last year) states that the finished diorama will be 12x8; if that is ever realized then the rest of the scene should balance the fort very well. And it just might make the best single-builder pirates display ever!

Excellent work, pretoriano, both on the fort and the rest of the scene! I'm anxious to see the rest of what you have planned.

Thank you so much everybody! I'm so happy to read all your comments.

As part of the full diorama, the city/town would more fully balance the setting if it was a little bigger. That might sound foolish considering the total size and piece count, but still the fort overwhelms the rest of the scene. The original post (from May of last year) states that the finished diorama will be 12x8; if that is ever realized then the rest of the scene should balance the fort very well. And it just might make the best single-builder pirates display ever!

Thanks for the comment so intense Captain Dee. In fact, I have devised the missing part of the diorama and I think it will balance quite well the part of the fortress. :pir-blush:

Excellent work! I would like to see a pirate attempt against this fort! :pir-sweet:

- Captain! The air smells of smoke and gunpowder... :pir-grin:

I edited a little video about this diorama, so you can view full details and stop it when you want. I hope that like you!

Edited by pretoriano

Spactacular build! I love the angled bastion and the waterfall. You've done the same thing I have to create my Napoleonic French Infantry: the torso from the American Patriot CMF with the shako, great stuff.

Hello everyone again! :pir-sweet:

I'm happy to show the final diorama. Finally the final measures have been 10 bases long by 5 meters wide, a total of 50 bases! The latest additions to the diorama has been a central square in the city, a cathedral, the end of the sugar cane plantation i a huge pirate ship entering the bay.

Some of you you asked if there would be a good fight against the stronghold, and in fact, my idea was to end that battle, but I was not able to do it well until I had finished all the diorama.

This diorama was presented in public last weekend 7th and 8th November in the national exhibition HispaLUG held in Zaragoza, Spain.

The large number of people surprised us all because the organizers were not prepared for an onslaught of people like that, but in general, the event was a resounding success. Proof of this can see in the pictures, I had no quiet time to take pictures of the diorama without public around. I apologize for that. Here are a few pictures, to see them all please visit the link to flickr.

Later I have to be mounted in the garage diorama and take good photographs of him to present it as it deserves.

Thank you all for comment and, please, enjoy it! :pir-classic:

22516771458_242b0b116d_b.jpg

22516864818_8e51dbf401_b.jpg

22314024273_a0a7da9a00_b.jpg

22314041263_8ef77b8b45_b.jpg

22314019683_4fcefb5b15_b.jpg

[MegaMOC] Fortaleza de Santa Catalina Imperail soldier's barricade

22543118949_45994d744e_b.jpg

[MegaMOC] Fortaleza de Santa Catalina Central plaza with gallows

22558252479_2ee140bd51_b.jpg

Seaport docks

22532102968_7818f09d0c_b.jpg

Cathedral

Greetings to all !

Edited by pretoriano

this is really wonderfull and very inspirational! Can we have another pic of the cane field? I'm actually building something similar atm. ...

Oh man... This all is incredible! It's huge! It's populated in a sensible manner, and it's fully detailed and gorgeous at every part! This is a really impressive diorama! :pir-grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

OMG! Big got bigger and good became better! De juego, en el arte! Having seen it earlier this year when it wasn't a full MEGAMoc, i am now especially intrigued by the brick-built ship design, of which some better shots would benefit us all. Need i say one more time that the fort is a case study on its own???

Edited by blackdeathgr

WOW. Top notch by any possible criteria one could apply--big, imaginative, well-populated, active, finely crafted...

Edited by ejred

Awesome, i comented before, i coment again :-) Great creation in every way!

That explosion hahah!

This is absolutely awesome, I am so envious. I really like the cannon smoke and exploding wall! Fantastic scene, I want to see it up close!

Fist I saw the pics of the fortress, really cool. Think one the best I've seen.

I like the flowers and plants a lot, it has something...

All those details are great too see, mermaids, a crocodile in the river ... that cage is really nice found.

Then, later I saw the rest... the additions looks great too, matches good with the fortress. Looks like a nice and cozy marketplace. And also a cage, looks like this guy sits there a bit longer pirate_blush.gif

And the pics of the attack of the pirate ship, that's really cool with those flying cannonballs and that guy flying out of the fortress because off the blast pir_laugh2.gif

Very nice built. I really like the architecture.

The action is very nice. pirate_classic.gif

The landscape (by the waterfall) looks a little blocky. Perhaps a few green plates (1x1 or 1x2) can smooth it a little bit.

But still a very nice built. pirate_satisfied.gif