Brick Miner

LEGOREDO STATION wild west set #6785

I have to tell you that this isn't right. I've found a picture of a Lego WW train on http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/3225-1?showpic=6893

Yes, this is an excellent train KD. I did the following pic review a few years ago:

3225 Pic Review

I often times break this set out for my WW town. I like the size and it is very "playable". The MOT Steam Engine, Green Passenger Cars, and Caboose make a nice WW train as well.

But BM's train truly is excellent because it has the features of an old C-19 4-8-0 built in the 1800s.

Here's an image of one:

knotts.jpg

Bravo Brickminer! This is fantastic! I am particularly impressed with your locomotive; there is a lot of detail, I really like the cowcatcher and bell. The locomotive conveys a sense of power and really captures the feel of early engines *y* . The rolling stock and coaches are great. The station is simple and has the feel of a frontier station. The minifigs really add to the character of this MOC.

If it weren't for you and Brickster showing eveyone MOC's I wouldn't have started my WW MOCing again

So Thanks :-)

Your tactic is working so far :-D

great !!! than me and brickster are succeeding !!! though, im not sure if brickster holds the same "hidden agenda" as me >:-)

in any case, im glad to have inspired creativity... isn't that one of the key characteristics to art anyway ???

------------------------------------------------

This is the best MOC I've ever seen - I'd buy it in an instant if it was an official set - it's exciting, and captures the mood of the WW series perfectly - and the pictures are fabulous.
wel, thanks for saying doc... and i mean it. its rewarding to know that my work has not gone un-noticed :-$

Yes, this is an excellent train KD. I did the following pic review a few years ago:

3225 Pic Review

I often times break this set out for my WW town. I like the size and it is very "playable". The MOT Steam Engine, Green Passenger Cars, and Caboose make a nice WW train as well.

thanks for the link, B... i had actually missed that review. must have been before my (EB) time :-D
But BM's train truly is excellent because it has the features of an old C-19 4-8-0 built in the 1800s.
and thanks for posting that image... you know, this is my only MOC to have used photo reference. i printed out several images from google, and had them in my work space until completion. perhaps this technique of "reflecting life" is why this MOC has been recieved so well by the adult hobby. though, i hope that is not true, as i perfer to reference my imagination when building, not real life. i guess we'll see with my future MOC releases :-/

Bravo Brickminer! This is fantastic! I am particularly impressed with your locomotive; there is a lot of detail, I really like the cowcatcher and bell. The locomotive conveys a sense of power and really captures the feel of early engines *y* . The rolling stock and coaches are great. The station is simple and has the feel of a frontier station. The minifigs really add to the character of this MOC.
wow, you just mentioned all the things i was trying to "nail" with this MOC... i wanted to convey a sense of power from the train, and at the same time add character. awesome !!!

- BM

You know BM, I'm glad this thread was revived, because I have to tell you this is one of my all-time favorite MOCs. It's simply beautiful.

*wub* *wub* *wub*

It is so simple yet detailed and fun and would make such a great set. If I saw this on a store shelf, I would buy several in a heartbeat. I know it sounds like I'm going overboard, but I really do think it's just ... perfect, really. :'-) It has such a fun spirit to it. :-$ It makes me happy...

Build on, man. Build on. *BrickMiner saunters off into the sunset, bricks and custom decals materials in hand*

PS-I can't wait until Gavin and Gregor visit the LEGOREDO station! X-D

Same here ;-) This must be my favorite unofficial set. I think it's the best of the WW sets...yes, the best of the official ones too ;-)

*y* *y* *y*

Edited by Timento

Entrance to the Caves and Legoredo Station are the best I have ever seen.

I know it sounds like I'm going overboard, but I really do think it's just ... perfect, really. :'-) It has such a fun spirit to it. :-$ It makes me happy...
yes, it does sound like you are being over the top nice... but i'll take your word on it... mainly, because it's very satisfying for me to read the words "one of my all-time favorite MOCs" >:-) :-P

but seriously, it makes me very happy to hear your describe your feeling toward this MOC with "fun spirit." because "sprit" is something that is hard to build... it's not a matter of connecting two blocks together. i mean, you could shove all the advanced AFOL building techniques you want to into an MOC, but that wouldn't equal "spirit." my point is that spirit isn't built by bricks, it's something else.

i think that is where my "emotional building" (<==== new coined term ;-) ) comes in. again, i try to capture emotion with my MOCs. i know we have talked about this is the T&T Forum, but i like building the feeling you get from something rather than building the something itself.

--------------------------------------------------

I think it's the best of the WW sets...yes, the best of the official ones too ;-)
thanks. i do think this type of set has extra appeal because fans outside the WW theme can enjoy it too, like train fans. because of this, i would say a WW train set is a more appealing type of set, in general.

--------------------------------------------------

wow, i hope Norro reads this too. thanks apache, i'm looking forward to your contributions to the theme.

- BM

thanks. i do think this type of set has extra appeal because fans outside the WW theme can enjoy it too, like train fans. because of this, i would say a WW train set is a more appealing type of set, in general.

Yup, good thinkin' there *y* I ain't a train fan, nor a huge WW fan but I *wub* your MOC.

But I don't get it why LEGO didn't make a WW train... A train is one of the most iconic things of the Wild West.

Thanks very much Apache, I'm honoured!

God Bless,

Nathan

Your Legoredo Station made it into an "official" query to Lego Direct if they ever had sold it!

I had a lot of fun reading the question and looking to the answers. :-D

Sorry, it

hi holodoc, thanks so much for pointing this out...

i was really interested in reading the question and responses, and i don't know any german, so i used bablefish to translate... i found this particular reply interesting...

Written of/written by Stefan on 06 June 2007 12:26

As answer to/as A reply tons of Western set 6785 written of/written by Sacha S. on 29 May 2007 23:30:

Hello I saw this set with "Brickshelf" and would fit here it very well into my collection. But when I wanted to inquire with "Brickset" and CO about it, where I could do it wars, much me on it this set on no side give myself. My ask now: Was the set at all once in the trade

Greet Sacha Dear Sacha, as it looks, someone opened for Western MOC there named Brickminer to be like a Lego packing. To Eurobricks.com a certain anyhow shows jipay exactly the picture gepostete by you and writes in addition the following: "Brickminer once again decided that TLC wildly west LINE should continue ton of live. So he larva A fire new MOC ". Something similar made, sees by the way someone named The Brickster with its Western Geisterstadt MOCs: http://members.cox.net/govman4/Legends/index.shtml. The answer to your question reads thus: No, was not in the trade. Except, January Beyer instructs me now a better one... Many greetings Stefan

it seems all the replies linked me to EB... i had no idea people associated me so much with this website... i think that is pretty cool.

and even brickster's website gets a mention !!! how about that X-D

anyway, im not real sure if this last line is translate correctly, but i think i like the sound of it ;-)

Except, January Beyer instructs me now a better one.
would a more appropirate translation be, "Except, January Beyer now instructs me that one should be (released)." or is this just me reading what i want to hear :-D

im also not familar with 100steine.de... are these people that have responded, employees of LEGO ??? you mentioned "LEGO direct" in your post... are these employee's of LEGO Direct ??? what exactly is LEGO Direct, is it SaH ??? and who is January Beyer ???

lots of questions, but im curious, rightfully X-D

thanks in advanced to anyone how can answer *y*

and thanks again holodoc *y*

- BM

and even brickster's website gets a mention !!! how about that X-D

- BM

My German is pretty rusty, but isn't that neat!

But at the same time, I think too much popluarity is not always a good thing.

BM: I must admit that I've purposefully stayed away from using Lego graphics on my digital backgrounds (with just a few recent exceptions). I don't want to be contacted by a Lego rep who says the use of their graphics infringes on TLG's copyrights. That's one reason why I've tried to design my own backgrounds.

you know i think the engineer could be better i don't know how available it is but i think the engineer should be the body of Gabbaro from the adventurer amazon subtheme i always loved it.

I'm feeling nostalgic. (sigh) WHat happend to you Brick Miner, you still alive, still drawing thos comics?

I hate you..........

I actually thought that was a real set. I kept combing my brain if I missed seeing a set in the Wild West theme.

*I just noticed that this was a long buried thread*

Goodness gracious me, this is fantastic! This could be an offical lego western set and if it was I would definetley buy it. The design is fantastic, the minifigs are great, and the train...its just wonderful, my dreams for the western theme have come true apart from the western theme returning. Truly magnificent. :classic:

Sorry for helping revive an old thread, but I stumbled acroos this one and joined Eurobricks just so I could respond!!

I thought this was a real set as well and have been trying to locate it - or at least the building instructions. That being said...do you have building instructions for the train engine? Is it registered with LEGO Digital Designer by any chance?

Sorry for helping revive an old thread, but I stumbled acroos this one and joined Eurobricks just so I could respond!!

I thought this was a real set as well and have been trying to locate it - or at least the building instructions. That being said...do you have building instructions for the train engine? Is it registered with LEGO Digital Designer by any chance?

Welcome at Eurobricks!

I think the best you can do is send BrickMiner a PM (I've enabled the PM system for you) with a link to this thread and your post. If you're lucky he comes over here and provide an answer.

Welcome at Eurobricks!

I think the best you can do is send BrickMiner a PM (I've enabled the PM system for you) with a link to this thread and your post. If you're lucky he comes over here and provide an answer.

Thank you Bonaparte (who is one of my all time favorite historical figures)!

thanks for your response here, it is rewarding to hear of your interest!

i only have a .pdf list of the elements in the set, divided into each section of the set: station, engine, caboose, etc.

it is true, some of my models are first compose in MLCad; however, for an engine i need the intuition of building in live bricks.

- BM

thanks for your response here, it is rewarding to hear of your interest!

i only have a .pdf list of the elements in the set, divided into each section of the set: station, engine, caboose, etc.

it is true, some of my models are first compose in MLCad; however, for an engine i need the intuition of building in live bricks.

- BM

Do you also have a link to the sticker designs such as the one on the table inside (the map)? They look pretty neat if I may say so. Besides, welcome back BrickMiner. I really had the impression that you left Eurobricks some time ago since I had not seen any MOCs or posts from you for a long time.

It is always good to have a talented builder / designer being part of our community, especially since Wild West does not seem to be the most popular theme around here. :thumbup:

Do you also have a link to the sticker designs such as the one on the table inside (the map)? They look pretty neat if I may say so.
at this point, i have not allowed anyone the use of my stickers.

however, if someone expressed so much interest to take the time to recreate one of my MOCs (i assume this would take a lot of effort, since the process would have to be undertaken without proper instruction provided - creating instructions would take more time than i currently have), making sure to give me credit of course :wink: , then i feel that sharing my stickers with that fellow builder would be in order!

i am very satisfied in knowing that this work still evokes inspiration for many LEGO history fans, despite its older age now!

- BM

AWESOME DESIGN ! :laugh:

'Brick Miner' this is one the finest western set designs ever, pity it was not a real set. :grin:

The train looks fantastic, as too the rolling stock, but I think best part is - the STATION - I just love it ! :wub:

I might have to make something similar to this when the TS3 toy train comes out - my son will want it for sure !

Hello, I would like to have the instructions for the wild west set nr: 6785 in pdf.

Could you help me out with that?

Regards,

Robert