Ive found some spare lego figs and Ive brought the 2 xmen sets out at the moment, but over them you only get a hand full of mutants. I know I can buy custom ones via online auctions places, but they are abit pricey so Ive decided to make my own figures of characters I dont think they will bring out. Im doing;

• Harada
  • Mariko
  • Yukio
  • Silver Samurai
  • Warpath
  • Blink
  • Viper

Also brought a Lex Luthor fig so that can be Prof X. using an invisi block and a grey chair.

Anyone got any tips for using paint on lego?

I might put pics up if im able to, but, im not an expert painter and Id say im quite bad so. So they may suck.

Ive done Yukio's sword (Basing the fig from the wolverine) which im almost happy with.

If anyones interested, drop a message in :)

Edited by TristanLoganLoki

Sounds good! You should update this topic regularly to update your progress on these figures!

I would recommend using decals and designing them on Microsoft Paint.

PM me if you want tips :classic:

Also, I think you should use Principal Skinner's torso and legs from the Simpsons CMF line along with Lex Luthor'shead for Xavier.

Sounds good! You should update this topic regularly to update your progress on these figures!

I would recommend using decals and designing them on Microsoft Paint.

PM me if you want tips :classic:

Also, I think you should use Principal Skinner's torso and legs from the Simpsons CMF line along with Lex Luthor'shead for Xavier.

any help would be welcome thanks

ill check the torso out, aand will put up a can of the sword, im mainly just using bits of lego from different sets but some may be edited thanks

Here are a few pictures of Yukio's sword and Harada's arrows. These are based more on The Wolverine film.

These are made from Lego parts and have just been painted.

This is also my first time at painting lego. Quite happy with the sword

post-124505-0-99568000-1401090660_thumb.jpg

post-124505-0-52229000-1401090661_thumb.jpg

post-124505-0-99561700-1401090661_thumb.jpg

post-124505-0-47863900-1401090662_thumb.jpg

post-124505-0-98812900-1401090662_thumb.jpg

Here are two squares that represent Blink's powers

I painted 2 grey flats pieces purple then realized I actually had 2 flat purple squares.

These more represent Blink from X-Men Days of Futures Past

I will be updating this, over the next two weeks, also, any ideas who else I can have a go at?

post-124505-0-68132300-1401091594_thumb.jpg

Been a good day overall for the Lego point of view, got Spiderman dr ock set. Quite pleased with that.

2nd point is Ive found my original Green Goblin and Goblin Glider, seems to be complete as well :)

Hopefully tomorrow, I will have a few more images. Im currently doing Silver Samurai. Also should be getting the Xmen lego set

If anyone knows, is there anything that I can apply to the figure to make the paint stay on the figure?

let me know

thanks

Nice swords! How do your katanas react when placed into a minfigs hand? I painted these hilts once and all the paint came off from the pressure of the minfig's hand.

Nice swords! How do your katanas react when placed into a minfigs hand? I painted these hilts once and all the paint came off from the pressure of the minfig's hand.

Thanks its only one sword.

Good question, I havent put it and hands yet, However, the black is the normal lego so hopefully it will stay on.

I was thinking on getting some paint sealant or something like that. But havent seen any in my local supermarket.

I will be doing another Katana soon as well :) This one will be pure silver, but the "pattern" on the hilt will be a darker silver. But still shiny

Well, personally, if your going down the blonde route, I'd use either this hair piece:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=90396&in=S

Or this one:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=85974&in=S

The first one is the one I used in black, but it looks good in blonde too.

I'm really interested in seeing how you make Viper, I could never find a good body for her. And as a massive X-Men and Exiles fan, Blink, Warpath, Samurai, and the others all sound fantastic! And that sword you painted, wow, I bet that took awhile to create! Extremely impressive, I look forward to more.

To answer your previous question, on who to make next, who do you like the most? Avengers, FF, some villain's? I'd make whoever or whatever you have a desire for to see made of Lego!

Well, personally, if your going down the blonde route, I'd use either this hair piece:

http://www.bricklink...sp?P=90396&in=S

Or this one:

http://www.bricklink...sp?P=85974&in=S

I'm really interested in seeing how you make Viper, I could never find a good body for her. And as a massive X-Men and Exiles fan, Blink, Warpath, Samurai, and the others all sound fantastic! And that sword you painted, wow, I bet that took awhile to create! Extremely impressive, I look forward to more.

To answer your previous question, on who to make next, who do you like the most? Avengers, FF, some villain's? I'd make whoever or whatever you have a desire for to see made of Lego!

Hi, thanks think Ill get the first hair, yeah for Viper, im having trouble finding a body but hopefully something will turn up. Most of what I will do will be a mixture of film and comic book version.

The sword, thanks. Not really all together probably only spent about an hour or so on it. Thank for that though.

Cool, follow the topic, dont think Ill put any pics up today though or tomorrow.

I like Xmen the most and I think I found a good hair piece for Bishop.

thanks \|/

What do you think of my custom Yukio figure?

She is based on The Wolverine version

The sword is the same sword as above.

I have a scabbard somewhere, cant find it but when I do im going to see if the Katana will fit in.

Also I have redone Blink's portals and started silver samurai. Ill update them when Ive done parts

Also got body for Warpath,but im not that happy with it :/

post-124505-0-60125600-1401221444_thumb.jpg

You can find useful tutorials about deeplinking pictures in posts in the Website and Forums forum, or by following the link in my signature. Be aware that you'll also need to have a subscription on Flicks, Brickshelf or any other free image hosting site.

You can find useful tutorials about deeplinking pictures in posts in the Website and Forums forum, or by following the link in my signature. Be aware that you'll also need to have a subscription on Flicks, Brickshelf or any other free image hosting site.

Thanks im going to use brick shelf from now on then :)

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=6093923

here is the link

How come yesterday I had up to 33kb? and now I can only upload something like 7b?

How can I get the pictures to be seen?

Edited by TristanLoganLoki

As I said, you'll have to follow our tutorials. Here's the one for deeplinking from Brickshelf.

Oh, and you are referring to attachment memory space, which is linked to your EB rank. Deeplinking does not use up that space.

Ok here is the Silver Samurai Helmet;untitled10.jpg

http://www.bricklink...sp?P=90396&in=S

Or this one:

http://www.bricklink...sp?P=85974&in=S

Just a quick update for you, I have just started on Vipers outfit. Got body, arms, legs and hands just need the hair and head, probs get them next week :) Ill be getting the blonde hair you recommended :)

thanks

Here is Harada finished

untitled9.jpg