Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but how do I add a signature to my posts or is that one of the features unlocked when I'm no longer a new member? Thanks (:

On 9/28/2020 at 9:40 PM, s0up____ said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but how do I add a signature to my posts or is that one of the features unlocked when I'm no longer a new member? Thanks (:

Hey there s0up (hope you don't mind if I omit the __ ), welcome to Eurobricks.

I believe you should be able to create a signature before your 10th post that unlocks some other features, but you won't be able to add any links to it until after 10 posts. 

To create a signature, click on your name and avatar in the top right of the page and go to account settings. On that page you'll see a list on a grey background on the left hand side, and signature is second from bottom on that list. Click on that and you can edit your signature. Make sure you check our Site Guidelines for signature sizes and information on what is and isn't allowed. 

are there any common sense guidelines regarding depictions of potentially sensitive or gross subject matter such as cannibalism, domestic abuse and rape using legos? am i free to post such lego builds on here without any precautions taken, or should i like put a content warning in the post or maybe just avoid such subject matter entirely?

2 hours ago, Fool said:

are there any common sense guidelines regarding depictions of potentially sensitive or gross subject matter such as cannibalism, domestic abuse and rape using legos? am i free to post such lego builds on here without any precautions taken, or should i like put a content warning in the post or maybe just avoid such subject matter entirely?

This is dealt with on a case by case basis. LEGO is often used as a medium for people's art, and art often tackles difficult topics HOWEVER that does not mean that anything goes. There is a big difference between a an implied joke about cannibalism and graphic depictions of more adult content. Sexual assault of any form should be avoided no matter what.

If you do want to post something you've mentioned then firstly please put a large warning in the title of your post, and in tags for the post. Put a trigger warning at the start of your post and put the content in spoiler tags so that people cannot just click on a post and see it. If we, the Moderators, find it offensive, we will take it down. Similarly if a large number of people report your content as offensive, we will take it down. This is a privately owned website, so our decision is final. Repeatedly trying to post something we have removed will get you banned from the site. 

Overall, it might be easier to just avoid such subject matter entirely, as you have said.

So I'm confused. As I understand it, Eurobricks doesn't host images and you have to get to a plain .jpg file to have the image appear and work. Yet for the photo below I just pasted the Flickr page url (not a smaller size image share link) and it worked. Anyone have an explanation?

LEGO 3679

Edited by jrs

I've been looking to find an atoms and molecules set but they are all very expensive. Why don't you make one? So simple! Balls with different numbers of holes in. Pegs (bonds) made of rubber! Simples! And curves to make boats etc. Very little that is engineered is made of house bricks. I think you shoot yourself in the foot.

Hello

1550726896490.jpg

Wow that came out really big lol

Edited by sjut