lorax

Friends Street - where Friends work, learn, eat, live and relax

For a display my husband are participating in shortly (strathpine, Queensland, Australia), I decided to build a Friends street.

14231137926_431542b867.jpg

Lego Friends street by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

It started with me building a modular style building based on the Lego movie ice-cream truck.

13556495083_1faec2c85a.jpg

Lego modular ice-cream shop by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

And it grew from there. The friends cafe:

13657601185_a06c197eae.jpg

Friends cafe modular - first floor by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

The friends school:

13997754942_76d4cfe3cb.jpg

Modular Friends school by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

The friends vet:

14022723197_8abcef5c70.jpg

Lego Friends modular vet by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

Add the modified juice shop, beach house, modified bus, brick built road, a bit of a garden and it is done.

14231139206_8d7a4b4a3b.jpg

Lego Friends street by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

I love it.....wonderful extensions to those Friend's sets.....in a big way ! :grin:

Enjoy your time at the show......Brick On with your Friend's 'lorax' ! :grin:

Wow! That is awesome. I'm getting a Main Street Disneyland feel from that MOD/MOC.

Those Modular sized Friends buildings are really very well done. But it's the Friends Bus that I like the most.

Excellent!

And the bus was largely stolen from another bus (not sure which set). Just played with the colours mostly (and a little bit of a rebuild).

Hola!

Great layout! You've done a bang-up job on modularising the Friends sets. Is it a Lego show at Strathpine? Would like to see your display in the flesh. Thanks!

Ev-Man

It is at strathpine. On the long weekend in June (around the 7th I think).

A version of this will also be on display at the Gold Coast around September (the 20th and 21st).

Edited by lorax

Great job! It seems like the Octan Company is everywhere, in space, in Heartlake, the city, Bricksburg, and Super Heroes lines. :wink: Keep up the great work! :classic::thumbup:

This street keeps bringing a smile to my face. Love it!

Very well done. My daughter would love this. Are they open back?

My daughter loves the Modulars, so I let her play with them, but it'd probably be better if she had her own version of the modulars to go with her Friends figures.

The color scheme works well here.

I had considered building a modular Ice Cream Parlor also after seeing that ice cream truck. I still haven't made that purchase yet though.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I agree, the vet is my favourite.

The modulars are not open backed, they have the lift off floors (and only some bits are furnished). My daughter (5) has enjoyed playing with these, but she tends to play with one at a time. She is looking forward to after the display so she can play with them again.

Love it! Well done! I too wanted to build an ice cream shop after purchasing the ice cream truck. Sadly it's sorted in a drawer waiting its turn to be built. The whole street just looks lovely!

Looks awesome! REALLY Love it! Nice expansions. If I were to be critical at all, only missing sort of a beach/club area.... Yet fantastic vision of Heartlake overall!

Edited by brickbuilder711

Just as an update, here was the final product that was displayed. Was well received by visitors, but I think it either needs movement or keep it home to be played with.

14125326867_edfdf8aba6.jpg

Friends city by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

Great work, it shows that many of the Friends building sets have potential to be modular. I'd like to see a beach or lake layout too.

These are all great builds. While I liked the initial layout, the vet looked out of place next to the next building as it's roof looked like it needed to roof of the same height to meet. It did not have the same issue in the second layout.

These strike me as the building you might see along a boardwalk. Excellent work.