I''ve been experimenting with different suspension and steering set ups. I'm sure this can be done but probably easier on a larger scale model than a mid to small scale.

H

I''ve been experimenting with different suspension and steering set ups. I'm sure this can be done but probably easier on a larger scale model than a mid to small scale.

H

I just noticed that the kingpin and the camber will be the same unless you extend the steering axis back,

have a look at the front of the subaru wrx that was on here recently

I played around with this recently and could be quite close to centrepoint steering if you use a large enough wheel hub (but technic wheels tend to have 'unkind' offsets for this

34qwwhy.jpg

It can steer but note that you will have to place the steering rack in front of the axle to get the correct Ackermann geometry.

yes its steerable for ackerman change the design as you please....

gives good ground clearance but not too much travel though.

Edited by Rockbrick

In the above example don't the two toelinks on top give a floating pivot point that is further out than the lower pivot point thereby giving a steering axis inclination that is not favorable?

In the above example don't the two toelinks on top give a floating pivot point that is further out than the lower pivot point thereby giving a steering axis inclination that is not favorable?

Exactly my thoughts...

Please feel free to make changes - it does need improving - its just something I came up with quickly....move the lower arm out a bit, the top ones in, mount it at an angle etc...

you won't learn something if its given to you on a plate - take it apart - improve it.... learn it

Edited by Rockbrick