Review: 76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue

99 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Amazing
    • Good
    • OK
    • Below Average
    • Terrible

Awesome cant wait for the racon guy, and i guess theres a tree type guy i want to see how they make him,,

cool set nice review

Just got the set myself a few days ago and it is very good. Well worth the 90 euro I spent to get it on my birthday.

This is probably one of the best, if not the best, sets in the superhero line. I love it. Build is great, figs are great, and it looks amazing. Not too many play features but I could really care less.

JUst wondering has anyone gotten either of the other 2 GOTG sets. Don't see any thread on them on here?

I agree. The Milano is a damn fine set. It's a fun build using some interesting techniques. The minifigs are top notch. The ship is very swooshable. As far as the other two sets, I have the Knowhere Escape only. I bought it for the minifigures.

Edited by Colossus

I bought the Starblaster Showdown set 2 days ago. It's a good set and I plan to get Knowhere Escape Mission set later in the week.

This looks like a pretty nice set, but it seems overpriced. The small ship looks very small and the alternate face for the Sakaaran looks, honestly, half-baked (I've tried to find what it's supposed to look like to no avail). The larger spaceship looks really cool (and surprisingly large) but I can't shake the Chima-goes-to-space feel it gives me.

Thanks for the review!

This looks like a pretty nice set, but it seems overpriced. The small ship looks very small and the alternate face for the Sakaaran looks, honestly, half-baked (I've tried to find what it's supposed to look like to no avail). The larger spaceship looks really cool (and surprisingly large) but I can't shake the Chima-goes-to-space feel it gives me.

Thanks for the review!

The look of the ship grows on you. Especially once you see it in motion from the movie trailers.

I got the set earlier this week, this review right here is spot on. :thumbup:

I'm gonna get Knowhere Escape Mission next, but unlike the milano, this one wil be exclusively for the minifigs i guess :laugh:

just saw the movie opening night, looking back at the set, its right on, i am defiantly getting it, especially when avengers 3 crosses over it,,

I like the set...except for one thing. The cockpit is nice, and it's nice to see that LEGO is finally beginning to give us cockpits capable of holding more than a single fig...but that tile. That's not random Aurobesh - that spells "LOCK". Because it was the top of a crate in the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship(One of my proud possessions, despite the fact that it came out right as they canon-modded the cartoon version to be longer.). If it was just random letters, that would be one thing, but to have something that specifically means something in one particular language, in other media...something just doesn't seem quite right about that.

Also, I don't play Halo, but I recall in Battle of the Bricks, that there are apparently some sort of guns that look like Pratt's, only in purple? I was just wondering if these would make a fairly decent purist equivalent.

Thanks for the review montyofmusic! I'm really loving the look of this set now. Hats off to the designers for making it so true to the 'real' thing!

I'm not really a fan of DC Comics nor this type of movies, but this set is really sharp looking!!

By the way, isn't Star-Lord's face little bit disappointing? I mean yeah, it is probably as close as it gets but that it the most widely used face in Lego, isn't it?

I'm not really a fan of DC Comics nor this type of movies, but this set is really sharp looking!!

What's DC Comics got to do with any of this? :tongue:

By the way, isn't Star-Lord's face little bit disappointing? I mean yeah, it is probably as close as it gets but that it the most widely used face in Lego, isn't it?

It's a new face. You might be mistaking it for the Dastan or Indiana Jones face. Unless you just meant that style. Personally I love it.

*Marvel :wink:

Edited by montyofmusic