Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Gloomy Gulch

Hey Guys

This is an old moc from way back in January that I never got round to posting here. It was a commissioned build of a haunted cottage that originally started off as a CCC entry. I wanted to give the cottage some real character and modelled it in the shape of a ghoul with out stretched arms glaring down.

I have been absent all year due to moving house and other family reasons but plan to hit back in a big way soon! :wink:

11781544685_44be94dd81_c.jpg

11781955194_53a0fbc69c_c.jpg

11782119036_cd803081a3_c.jpg

11781340245_5f0f38f14e_c.jpg

nice to hear from you again, it's been quite a while. And of course we all hope to see you participating in GoH again! Spectacular build as always ...

Absolutely stunning! Is that the Friends blue on the ground? I really love the crooked look of this, very adventurous. The black trees give it the right creepy feeling!

That's amazing! really detailed and clever, the shape is nicely warped. I particularly like the blue. It just works somehow.

Awesome build, DC, I love all of the angles on the house :thumbup:

Great job on the landscape as always, and nice design for the border :classic:

Looking forward to more stuff from you :excited:

Edited by Garmadon

Superb moc. Every aspect of this moc is spectacular from the the stonework and roofing to the texture of the trees and the innovative usage of light blue in the landscape :wub: . I cannot wait to see what you will build next!

Awesome build! This is by far my favourite you've done so far (now I actually have to pay attention that I don't say that on every new build you come up with :laugh:). All those angles are just lovely. You did an outstanding job on this one and it's good to hear something of you :wink:.

Spectacular as always. The angles on the cottage are incredible (I'd love to know how that is achieved while maintained structural stability). I did see this on Flickr before but I didn't spot the ghoul shape until you mentioned it.

The colour palette for the ground work is so unique and works really well too.

Some crazy angles, very nice!

God Bless,

Nathan

Lots of character for sure.

Hey- just want to mention something here...

You technically never declared for Book II. I think that means you could join Mitgardia. Yep... Mitgardia!

Edited by kabel

Another great build to be seen here!

The angles are crazy. I know I'm not a capable builder (I also haven't practiced), but these types of angles you and Legonardo do are incredible. I am not entirely sure how to even begin to build like that.

I really like the black trees on the ground. They do look like hands reaching out of the ground to grab someone (similar to the Whomping Willow)...very neat.

I think I will save this to look back at for inspiration of other builds.

Good to have you back. I enjoy looking at your builds.

The organic feel to the building just blows my mind. As others have said I have no idea how you pull that off, but well done.

This could be a real life picture, its so good that you have to be into lego really to know its not real.

It's good to have you back again! And I couldn't agree more:

You technically never declared for Book II. I think that means you could join Nocturnus. Yep... Nocturnus!!

I will comment here too.. This moc is amazing... Like real thing!