That is a great car,I will add it shortly to the Hall Of Fame.

Cool! Glad to see the model there. The picture you added was actually of a different model, his earlier Ferrari 458 Italia, so I changed the picture to the Spider version. We made some design changes to the model during the instruction process, so I may update the picture yet again when we get photos of the final version.

Absolutely mind-blowing. The car shape is spot-on in all the details. Just amazing.

I saw the video a year ago and last year I had a nice talk with Sheepo on Lego Fanweekend 2013 (Skaerbaek) about his cars and this one popped up in our conversation. With so many interesting supercars around I said to Sheepo that I would like to make one and to get noticed it had to have something special like a good working folding roof. Than Sheepo told that this was already done and talked about this car and I remembered.

Looking forward to the instructions of this awesome Ferrari.

@Blakbird, great and fast work on the instruction. The render looks sooo good. It is basically just you and Jurgen Krooshoop that do al the hard work of making instructions for the best MOCs! Good luck with those wires.

stunning MOC, but a technical question, why 2 battery boxes? because of the many lights?

My main concept from the beginning was to get the max out of the car, even if it`s quite heavy. If not using the RC pack which I don`t have, using 2 batteries is better for the power supply for all functions, especially the high torque of the 2 XL motors needed for acceleration! In my current version e.g. I´m using 2 x V2 receivers instead of V1. 1 battery and V1 receivers would do their job es well. The LED lights don`t need that much.

so it would move with just 1 battery pack as well, just not as fast / with slower accelleration? great

awaiting instructions ;)

so it would move with just 1 battery pack as well, just not as fast / with slower accelleration? great

awaiting instructions ;)

Absolutely YES!

OMG! That's beautiful. It's nearly enough to turn an Aston man towards Ferrari!

Nearly.

For those of you wondering if I've actually been working on this and making progress, the answer is Yes. I've been working on the wires. I was hoping to find a way to do the instructions without synthesizing them, but in the end it was the only way. The good news is that I've finally finished so the instructions are not far away.

800x482.jpg

Nice job Blakbird,adding cables is never quick but it does improve the quality of the instructions.

Amazing job Blackbird. The instructions are looking to be almost as much a 'work of art' as the 458.

Just ordered another V2 receiver, now to find another Li-Po battery for cheap.

Looking forward to the final instructions ...

Looking forward to the final instructions ...

Instructions should be available in a day or two. They are complete and just need to be posted.

Is is necessary to use V2 receiver?

I am using V1 receivers in mine and it is still the fastest LEGO model I have ever built. With V2 it should be even better, although not strictly necessary.

very good model.when will the instructions be available?im thinking of doing it in all black.witch look fantastic

Amazing job Blackbird. The instructions are looking to be almost as much a 'work of art' as the 458.

....or a pain in the....ahah! But yeah instructions are a beauty themself! It's like to design the vehicle in a different way, with a different technique. And it allows us to understand better what we have designed aswell!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Edited by TheItalianBrick