Gabe

[GNAR] Barqan Dromon

Wow! :oh: I love it! I just love it. All the details (there are even actual minifigs rowing below-deck!), the way you build the bow of the ship, the stern.. Everything. Very impressive.

"Ramming speed achieved!" :classic: Very nice in deed. A pride in the Kaliphlin fleet!

Magnificent ship, yet again :wub_drool: The hull and sails look gorgeous and I :wub: the cabin area, the curtains are a great touch :thumbup:

I agree with Kai and Garmadon that the trans green in the water is a really cool idea an dworks well :classic:

Wow! Don't know where to start praising this magnificent build :grin:

The overall shape is very well done, the sails look excellent (great work on that shield) and the water is among the best I've seen!

I also like a lot how you've incorporated the fire tube in the front.

Good to know that the shipwrights of Barqa are producing such excellent ships :classic:

This is a very beautifully designed ship! Awe inspiring and deadly. I love the sails! The way you did the water with the various colors and textures is fantastic!

Thanks so much Infernum, Khorne, Mechamike, Soccerkid, Gideon, ManInATopHat and Adventurer1; I really appreciate all your kind words. :blush:

Great build Gabe! I absolutely love this dromon, and that other Kaliphlinite has nothing on this!

Cheers Kayne, glad you like it, considering we were thinking along similar lines. :classic: And i for one am very much looking forward to seeing your challenge II entry! :thumbup:

I sit in awe before the awesomeness of your ship-building (and building in general). I do have one tiny, tiny nitpick: the flags. If the ship is sailing, the wind is from the back, so the flags should be fluttering forwards. If the oarslaves are rowing, it's because there's no wind (or very little wind), so the flags should be drooping lifelessly (which I don't have a clue how to accomplish with the plastic LEGO flags). Other than that, there's nothing to improve - this is excellent.

Oh dear... wowzers, that is a landlubbers mistake! :laugh: Thanks for picking that up nstickney, i'll have to fix that up (and the wind waves too, i guess) before i take it to the Queenscliffe Brick Show. :blush: Cheers mate!

This is beautiful - awesome work Gabe. Love the water, the sails, and especially how the back (stern?) area kinda looks like a kraken with the curved parts and the shields that look like eyes.

I don't think I can praise this more than others have (and will :wink: ), so let me just say that the integration of the Viking hull at the stern is flawless. I've been trying for several days to come up with a solution for those hulls, and this is absolutely perfect. Thank you for posting this.

Magnificent work here, completely captures the look and feel of a ship at sea. That ocean really works so well, and your details make it even better.

Edited by Gary The Procrastinator

Would be great for a tutorial those sails!! Magnificent job b.t.w!!!

Everything about the ship and sea is phenomenal. :classic:

Release the Kraken! :D

We have nothing to fear with such an excellent ship defending our waters.

Exceptional work Gabe, very impressive vessel along with the water and wake.

The alternate colour shields and sails help draw you in to the rest of the detailing.

Great job.

Thanks pizzapizza, Gary the Procrastinator, funkygallo, Niku, qiadris and ISC for your lovely and encouraging comments! I had a lot of fun building this, i'm glad that ppl are enjoying looking at it too. :blush:

This is beautiful - awesome work Gabe. Love the water, the sails, and especially how the back (stern?) area kinda looks like a kraken with the curved parts and the shields that look like eyes.

Ah yeah, i see it now! Haha, i didn't even think of that before you pointed it out... must have subconsciously influenced my naming of the ship. :grin: Thanks Emma!

I don't think I can praise this more than others have (and will :wink: ), so let me just say that the integration of the Viking hull at the stern is flawless. I've been trying for several days to come up with a solution for those hulls, and this is absolutely perfect. Thank you for posting this.

Thanks Thomas! Yeah those viking hull parts are really useful despite their size, i really like them. I look forward to seeing what use you put them to! :thumbup:

Would be great for a tutorial those sails!! Magnificent job b.t.w!!!

Thanks for your comment JopieK! Sails are pretty easy peasy, they are just acrylic primed cotton duck canvas - you can buy them primed or do it yourself, and then just cut to size. Helps to stop fraying and they are a good stiffness too. :classic:

The ship has amazing detail and looks nearly realistic in terms of size and shape - like the crew could actually exist there.

The major selling point to me (and I apologize that it is not related to the ship) is the incredible water detail. The shades of blue work perfect and the waves are some of the best I've seen. Very well done.

Hi Gabe, thanks! Cotton Duck Canvas. Hmm, how would I translate that into Dutch ;) Katoen Eend Canvas I guess, but I don't think they sell that here. Recently I did a test with fabric transfers on a cotton baby jumper and that worked very well, so maybe I could also do it for sails etc.

Good for the summer vacation :)

Such an awesome ship Gabe!!! So many epic details!

Nice to see you here in GoH again DM, where have you been?

Any ships from Mpya Stedor joining the GNAR? :wink:

Wowzers. This is an incredible ship! Well detailed, logical structure, and BIG. (The "spacer" in me is asking if it's a SHIP.) :thumbup:

Nothing more to add to what it has been said (amazing ship, water, waves...well, just everything :), but had to write it...Wow!!

It is good to be in GoH, even if it is just to see works like this