Sign in to follow this  
droomangroup

[MOC] Toyhauler RV w/ slideout

hey all,

check out this replica RV i created as a homage to the RV we lived in for 5 years. since my other cars and small trucks are 6 wide i made the house section of this RV 8 wide which i think works well for the scale.

you can see more pics on my imgur album here...

http://imgur.com/gallery/CmIgy/

and you can see pics of the real RV here...

http://odometer.org/rv/

here's a few teaser pics, feel free to offer any feedback or suggestions...

VGZHhZt.jpg

the real RV...

rvhero.jpg

one of the cool features is the slide out entrance stairs...

MUwStdE.jpg

and of course the slide out couch nook...

qVmOrLn.jpg

Y7lB4Xf.jpg

cheers

droo

Edited by droomangroup

The slide out and the interior are really well done, but for me it's the finishing details on the exterior that stands out - the retractable steps, the storage lockers and (especially) the approach you've used for the awning rock!

My only observation might be the size of the wheels you're using - they do appear to stick out a bit from the arches, but otherwise top notch.

p.s. I lived for two years in a Pace Arrow bumming around the US and I've always wanted to build a Lego version. Your version has inspired me to start. Thanks for sharing it with us!

The slide out and the interior are really well done, but for me it's the finishing details on the exterior that stands out - the retractable steps, the storage lockers and (especially) the approach you've used for the awning rock!

My only observation might be the size of the wheels you're using - they do appear to stick out a bit from the arches, but otherwise top notch.

p.s. I lived for two years in a Pace Arrow bumming around the US and I've always wanted to build a Lego version. Your version has inspired me to start. Thanks for sharing it with us!

thanks a bunch, yeah the retractable stairs was a tough puzzle. i totally agree on wheels, not happy with them. i wanted to create dually in the back and single in the front AND use those mudguards, but i'm not sure that's working. i'm still looking for slightly larger wheels that may work a bit better or i may just have to give u one the mud guards so i can tuck the rear wheels in a bit more.

Very good work! Those mudguards work very well with that front. And the interior is quite inventive!

Awesome MOC droo! Really makes me want to try my hand at one. Many great details can fit in an 8W body :classic:

thx! and yeah the 8W is nice, but it really does make sense since my vans and small trucks are 6W, and in real life they are like 6ft wide and the RV is 8ft wide. i tried it first at 6W and it was definitely a pita!

AWESOME huge camper/RV.......great interior on the inside too......very USA......Brick On 'droomangroup' ! :grin:

Nice MOC all the way around. Did you use LDD?

no, but i'll probably go back and build it in LDD now, since i like keeping a digital record of my MOCs.

AWESOME huge camper/RV.......great interior on the inside too......very USA......Brick On 'droomangroup' ! :grin:

very USA indeed :) thx!

Wow, excellent - but after looking at the For Sale page, I want to know: does the LEGO version have a Cummins? :wink:

Awesome MOC!

There is space for a battery box though, and a motor, so it would be cool if you installed power functions.