Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

Funny, every time I have been feeling minifigures, the Spooky Girl is always there. I have one of her already, so it's getting pretty annoying when I feel her teddy. :laugh:

Edited by Sir Brickalot

Funny, every time I have been feeling minifigures, the Spooky Girl is always there. I have one of her already, so it's getting pretty annoying when I feel her teddy. :laugh:

Looks like many people are scared to own her..heheheh

BTW, She is my favorite along with the Jester in this series!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I found this yesterday.

minifigures.jpg

Each one put in a sealed box like one would see for DVDs and games! I guess some people were opening all of them.... :cry_sad:

Went to a departmental store that had Lego, felt my way through a newly opened box for about 10 minutes and found 2 squishy packs so got both. Thanks to everyone for the hints! Now I have a pair of creepy twins for my Haunted House! :D

The Target I work at (Coddingtown mall Santa Rosa Ca 95404) Has BOXES of the minifigs on CLEARANCE for $1.98 each. If you live ANYWHERE near the North Bay and are looking for these come get them!!!!

Just got a message back of tlg. They are going to be sending out a random bag to me since "Just like you, we receive the minifigures in their prepacked mystery bags, so we don’t have individual replacement parts". Fingers crossed for another princess.

Found 2 boxes at my local Wal-Mart. They Appeared to be both full, but someone had sorted them so that half the figures from both boxes were in each box. For example, the first box had 2 boxes worth of Space Miners, but No Spooky Girls, and the second box had 2 boxes worth of Gamer guys, but no Genies.

Mentioned this on the Finds forum: one of my Targets (Bowie, MD) has them for $1.48 on clearance. They also have Series 9 and Simpsons at the same price. Sheesh, if I knew this was coming, I wouldn't have paid $4 for them when I found some a month ago.

Sounds like someone needs to report this to target since this is obviously an error. The figures got mixed up with the Halloween clearance.

Oh I definitely will do that...right after I pick up a few to confirm the price is accurate, I'd hate to report faulty information :innocent:

Sounds like someone needs to report this to target

Why on earth would someone need to do that?

I would've spent $165 - $180 for 55-60 figs, and now it will be $160 for 40 figs. I have to see this as a loss for Lego.

Previously, you would have spent $165+ for 55+ figs. In the future, you will spend about the same amount for 40 figs. How is greater profit a loss for LEGO?

Bic camera in Akasaka had s12 for ¥275 each and you can feel them all. Got the full set with some extra Athenas.

Why on earth would someone need to do that?

B/c its clearly an error that needs to be corrected! Series 12 isnt supposed to be on clearance especially taking into account the things haven't been in that states for more then a month!

Previously, you would have spent $165+ for 55+ figs. In the future, you will spend about the same amount for 40 figs. How is greater profit a loss for LEGO?

B/c they never stated that they'll be willing to still buy 160 for 40 figures so said person could wind up buying less then 40 figures so less money to Lego. And I remember seeing people on various forums saying that at 4 bucks a bag, they'll be getting way less then 3 buck a bag previous series. Personally, I could see myself wanting a couple pizza guys if they were 3 bucks a go but instead I just got one princess to finish my display and I have a free one coming from Lego thanks to a defective head gear piece.

If people are into the mmo, maybe its worth it to help build up your army but what about those that don't play or have played but hated the game?

Do you all think I could wait until mid-December/January to get these? Or will they be out of stock and onto Series 13 by then?

Taking into account that you'd be buying in the middle of a holiday rush on top of no guarantee on how low the figures will last in store, you might want to spring for them sooner then later

Mmmm, YMMV, but I've never seen a CMF wave utterly vanish EXCEPT for the Movie line. Old waves frequenly resurface--I remember endlessly seeing Wave 5 for up to a year after it was released. A whole case of Wave 9 turned up at one of my Targets yesterday.

Now, if you want to guarantee a complete set, sure, go get it now--but I wouldn't totally count it out before Christmas.

(Kinda related, though--the Advent Calendars are starting to move, as I am starting to see fewer of them on shelves. They vanished by Thanksgiving last year. Hey, come on--the City one comes with CMF Santa.)

B/c its clearly an error that needs to be corrected! Series 12 isnt supposed to be on clearance especially taking into account the things haven't been in that states for more then a month!

Sure, if you own Target, I can see why you see such an urge to correct the "error" (if it is a such - it could just be Target wanting to boost their sales). But as a consumer, I really don't get what you have against cheaper prices on an over-priced product.

If anyone is losing money from this (and I'm not convinced they are), it isn't LEGO; It's Target. LEGO sell their products to stores at a set price, with no reliance at all on whatever price the store sells the products for. It doesn't matter at all to LEGO if a product is marked up, sold at retail price or dumped at clearance.

Plus, there could be any number of reasons why the Minifigs are at that price. Could be the store got overstock and wants to move them. Maybe they were burned on the Simpsons figs and feel like they need to move all of them. Could be the manager is trying to drum up business. Or, yes, it could be a mistake.

Legally--and this varies by area--a mistake in price is generally held against the seller unless the price is manifestly unreasonable. If a car dealer accidentally listed a car at $10, you should reasonably know that's a mistake. If he's selling it at $100 or $1000 less than its intended price, you're probably not expected to know that and it would be held against the seller.

Is $1.98 or $1.48 an objectively unreasonable price? I don't think so based on past sales I've seen at Target. Could be, but I can't say with any certainty and it's up to Target to correct it if there's an error.

I think a lot of retailers have been having issues moving CMFs. The reason series 5 lasted so long because everyone was jumping on the CMF bandwagon and ordered WAY too much and were stuck with large supplies of them over the holiday season. They have since not stocked as many (at least in my local experience). With the larger pricetag on these (that most retailers probably weren't expecting to see) it might make product harder to move once again. Now in this situation you might have the holiday push to help keep the sets afloat with the higher pricetag, but come January/February with CMF series 13, I don't see the higher price helping anything.

I can also see the Simpsons wave having been an issue. I can't say for certain--I really don't know if they sold out, did ok, or what. I do know that it represented a specific niche market of Simpsons fans who are also Lego fans. For me, the Simpsons wave was the first one that I almost entirely skipped (I only bought a Milhouse because he was in the Movie).

I think a lot of retailers have been having issues moving CMFs. The reason series 5 lasted so long because everyone was jumping on the CMF bandwagon and ordered WAY too much and were stuck with large supplies of them over the holiday season. They have since not stocked as many (at least in my local experience).

It's the same here, except that it was Series 4 that shops bought huge loads of and kept on selling up untill Series 10.

I can also see the Simpsons wave having been an issue. I can't say for certain--I really don't know if they sold out, did ok, or what. I do know that it represented a specific niche market of Simpsons fans who are also Lego fans. For me, the Simpsons wave was the first one that I almost entirely skipped (I only bought a Milhouse because he was in the Movie).

Yeah, the Simpsons Series didn't look like it sold too well here, either. Personally, I didn't get a single figure - in spite of being a huuuge Simpsons fan when I was younger.

I would have potentially spent $20 more (which might have been $40 more in the end) on the figs. It all depends on their profit margin ( which is likely $3+ per fig, since they were $2 each a few years ago. If their cost is $1 a fig, then in the $3 scenario, they would be making $110 - $130 in profit with the potential for more, vs in the $4 scenario, they are making $120 flat. If their cost per fig is $.75 each, then their maximum profit in the $4 scenario equals their minimum profit in the $3 scenario - so TLG would be losing money.

Is it just me or the S12 minifigures are made of a cheaper plastic than the previous CMF series?