Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

Maybe this is a language barrier issue, but I have no idea what you mean.

I'm not all that concerned with gender counterparts. We've just seen lots of pointy-hat wizards. I'd love to see a fantasy sorceress, good or evil, just for variety.

Okay, I mean to expect that TLC can clearly tell us when both regular series and special series return.

I see that you want a sorceress without that typical pointy-hat. Magical varieties are nice for Castle themes, and there could be more designs outside the box. Maybe a cartoonic magical girl, a shaman or a sea witch.

Edited by Dorayaki

I'm liking the sounds of the historic/fantasy ones. There are so many this time round which is great. Shame about the proposed price increase. i.e. matching the Simpsons' price.

> Swashbuckler

We don't lack sword users, but Swashbuckler the word often describe ladies...

We need to be a bit careful because these are simply translations from Hungarian. I don't know about Hungarian, but in English, the word "swashbuckler" isn't gender specific. In literature and film, however, swashbucklers have mostly been men, e.g. the Three Musketeers, Cyrano de Bergerac, the Scarlet Pimpernel and Zorro.

> Spooky Girl

Sounds like a counterpart to Hippie? Hope that this would be a good addition to City.

Perhaps an emo girl that makes use of the folded down hood piece: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=15428pb01

No offense, but why is the pizza delivery man so cool? I imagine a minifig in casual street outfit with a box of pizza. Okay, a boy of pizza would be cool, but the minifig itself? Or have you ever seen a pizza delivery guy wearing uniform?

We need to be a bit careful because these are simply translations from Hungarian.

How do we know, that these words were translated from hungarian? I mean there were two lists on their facebook page, but they didn't state which one was translated from which. By the way, the swashbuckler was called 'adventurer' in hungarian which could mean an Indian Jones type guy as well. All the others are good tranlations (independently of the direction of the translation).

Edited by Yooha

It sounds like a great series for me, many of these sounds like must have!

I wonder if Pig guy will have a sausage! :D

I hope spooky girl have this torso:

Crux-Prime_Screen-a2.jpg

Edited by Lordofdragonss

This list certainly sounds promising, and I'm glad to see the impending return of the normal CMFs again. I'm particularly excited for the Dino Tracker at this stage, though I'm sure pictures will change things when they eventually arrive.

No offense, but why is the pizza delivery man so cool? I imagine a minifig in casual street outfit with a box of pizza. Okay, a boy of pizza would be cool, but the minifig itself? Or have you ever seen a pizza delivery guy wearing uniform?

The Papa John's pizza delivery people near me arrive on branded motorbikes wearing branded padded jackets and helmets.

How do we know, that these words were translated from hungarian? I mean there were two lists on their facebook page, but they didn't state which one was translated from which. By the way, the swashbuckler was called 'adventurer' in hungarian which could mean an Indian Jones type guy as well. All the others are good tranlations (independently of the direction of the translation).

I don't know what the other language is as I haven't seen the Facebook page. I'm assuming it's English. When there have been leaks of minifig lists in the past, they've typically originated in languages other than English. If that's the case here, then the English one is translated from Hungarian. Of course, it could be different this time. And ultimately, I'm guessing that they all start in Danish anyway.

Thanks for clarifying the translation of the word "adventurer".

First off I am holding off any judgment until I see some sort of picture. To answer the questions 1)Why is the pizza guy cool? My guess is you can make a type of movie with the guy. :grin::devil: 2)I do not have an answer to the second question. 3)Do pizza delivery guy wear uniform? Do you not have a "Pizza Hut" or "Domino's Pizza" where you live?

Do you not have a "Pizza Hut" or "Domino's Pizza" where you live?

Okay, I thought that this pizza guy demand is some cultural difference. I've always seen pizza delivery guys wearing ordinary clothes, they don't wear uniforms here.

There is (or was) a Pizza Hut somewhere in Hungary but I neer tried it. That Domino Pizza is new to me. But a few pizza box would be useful, and with a uniform it can be pretty, IF the list is valid.

Please please please let the wizard to be red (or dark red). The red wizard hats are something like 20€ on Bricklink and I'd love the get few for Discworld wizards.

I also hope that Piggy Guy's head/headgear could be used on a Porco Rosso minifig, but it might be to much to ask.

Warrior goddess (valkyria?), creepy girl and hun sound interesting. I wish that rock star would have guitar/bass that is not Flying V.

It's funny to see, how the same word can mean different things to different people: The battle goddess means a valkyrie to someone, while for me it was Pallas Athena. These prelim names can cause some funny surprises, as it happened in previous series (trader: Davy Crockett-like fur trader turned out to be a businessman from UK)

Space Miner - Power Miners/Rock Raiders? - this doesn't really appeal to me. Are there many female space miners?

Battle Goddess (female) - no idea what a Battle Goddess is - it sounds mythological. Probably a tough female character to balance any criticism of the Fairytale Princess (traditionally a 'weak' character in stories).

Wizard - Hopefully the hat and main colour will be something different from previous wizards, maybe purple or something that isn't blue or grey.

Dino Tracker - not really sure if this is just an archaeologist/explorer or something more sci-fi. I was hoping for a jungle explorer with a toucan as a new piece or blue macaw using the parrot). Could be the 5th female.

Swashbuckler - Swashbuckler sounds like a more 'dandy' version of the pirate. Female pirate like Anne Bonney?

Jester - Same as the one we had before but possibly a change of colour - do you get female jesters?

Piggy Guy - I do like the animal costumes. I would have preferred a different animal (teddy bear, koala or a beaver)

Hun Warrior - I have been expecting something like this for some time. Will please the Historical/Castle fans

Fairytale Princess (female) - Classic damsel in distress - another one for the Castle fans.

Pizza Delivery Man - Hopefully a nice addition to Lego City - bring back 6350 Pizzeria!

Video Game Guy - I can imagine either thick glasses or 'square' eyes print. Hopefully a new teenage town citizen.

Spooky Girl (female) - hopefully not a monster but a Halloween costume kid (black torso and legs with skeleton pattern)

Prospector - I am thinking of Stinky Pete in Toy Story 2 - an ideal addition to the Wild West theme.

Genie Girl (female) - I would prefer an evil red male genie.

Rock Star - possibly the other female? Hopefully will have a guitar or even better a keytar!

Lifeguard - presumably a male counterpart to the Series 2 female lifeguard (hopefully with red shorts like Baywatch)

Presumably if this is true then there is a 5th female figure included but not obvious from the description, if this follows the boy/girl ratio in recent series. Personally not enough City figures for me and looks like I'll still have to wait for the bellhop, Elvis, barbershop quartet, orchestra and marching band figures. Also there aren't any sports figures - I would have thought a golfer would have been a dead cert for this series.

I do not understand all this concern about female figures... a female swashbuckler or a female jester would be totally historically inaccurate and a waste of a minifigure.

We already have 4 (Battle Goddess, Princess, Spooky girl, Genie girl (I hope it's some sort of "I Dream of Jeannie")), I hope the remaining 1 is the rockstar.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Okay, I thought that this pizza guy demand is some cultural difference. I've always seen pizza delivery guys wearing ordinary clothes, they don't wear uniforms here.

There is (or was) a Pizza Hut somewhere in Hungary but I neer tried it. That Domino Pizza is new to me. But a few pizza box would be useful, and with a uniform it can be pretty, IF the list is valid.

On a semi unrelated note, it's always fascinating to discover these unexpected cultural oddities on these boards. I think we just discovered the one Job where American workers still wear a uniform and more traditionally straight laced Europeans do not. Amazing. (To put this in perspective my disturbingly typical American mailman sauntered by this morning dressed in his traditional attire of golf visor, neon pink tank top, floral print board shorts, headphones and Birkenstocks with black socks. I suspect the US Postal service investigates mail theft by watching for a sudden upswing in fashion and taste among the mail carriers.)

^Interesting considering our mailman always is in uniform. USPS issued attire ftw...

Either way, if this list is legit, it could be very promising. The downside is the price of course. It will make it hard to justify multiples, and some of these figures sound like multiples would be fun to get.

I always try to get one set for me and then a few fun figures that my daughter wants. Those typically are all of the female figures, so at the ratio of 5 that will be an extra $20 minimum just for her. Yikes!

And my guess would be a video game controller would be printed on a 1x2 tile. It would look almost exactly like the original NES controller from the 80s and they wouldn't create a new mold. They've already done that with a lot of other things that have a different shape, so why not print this too?

I would love to see something like this as a swashbuckler

NOT OFFICIAL PICTURE ONLY CONCEPT ART

14044636480_580ed36d9c.jpg

Yooha, great idea. I missed the Musketeer so the swashbuckler would be a good time to bring back the hat mold in a new color. Dark brown would be great.

That's a pretty cool torso design. How'd you make it?

-Sci

That's Norrington's torso from PoTC in dark red.

Assuming said information is correct, and the series is indeed not based off of the MMO:

Space Miner - Not sure what this is supposed to imply.

Battle Goddess - A female warrior does sound like a good concept.

Wizard - Interesting to see if it looks more interesting than the Castle Wizards.

Dino Tracker - Not sure what this is supposed to be, and if it'd be interesting without a Dinosaur anyway.

Swashbuckler - Sounds like it could be a cool pirate.

Jester - It'd be interesting to see the CM take on a Jester.

Piggy Guy - Another animal character? Okay.

Hun Warrior - Again, it's nice to see such a character idea.

Fairytale Princess - Again, it seems interesting as to what direction the CM may take this.

Pizza Delivery Man - Cool idea!

Video Game Guy - Likewise, especially if they come up with a new mould like a video game controller.

Spooky Girl - Still wondering what this could be.

Prospector - It sounds nice to have more alternative roles for Pirates and Cowboys.

Genie Girl - Like "I Dream of Genie"?

Rock Star - Been done.

Lifeguard - Been done, unless they take it a different direction or it's a male one.

Sounds good to me!

Transparency for Effect, I don't believe that this characters are based off the MMO, but they will be added it to like all series going forward.

We recently had a warrior woman which seemed to be an Amazonian from Greek myth (Series 10), so I think the battle goddess will be more than that. While I favor Athena, I could get behind a Valkyrie as well even if they are not quite goddesses.

Edited by Blakstone

I would love to see something like this as a swashbuckler

NOT OFFICIAL PICTURE ONLY CONCEPT ART

14044636480_580ed36d9c.jpg

Do you mean a cross between the MOC minifig on the left of this pic and the minifig directly behind it?

cardinals_man_with_thug_and_onlookers.jpg

Transparency for Effect, I don't believe that this characters are based off the MMO, but they will be added it to like all series going forward.

Yes and no. Funcom and LEGO collaborated on this series together. Some of the figs were created with the MMO in mind.