Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

I'm not surprised to see Wiley's parts reused in other wild-type character, but I'm personally dissapointed with both Prospector and Space Miner being guys. Though maybe a female miner would be too similar with the Dino Tracker.

I definitely like the Spooky Girl, but I'm not too sure about what the origin of this character is. According to Google, it's more related to American horror movie culture, is it? Dark lolita fashion is similar, but that is more delicate in clothes.

Directors like Tim Burton often have dark characters that resemble spooky girl, but I think she's also modeled off of the goth culture, which was pretty big in the early 2000s.

Edited by jluckhaupt

Looking forward to the prospector, for the hat and beard in grey.

I am still waiting for a picture of the Hun Warrior...

I love this three:

The piggy guy s what I expected. But why are the hands black?

I didn't know what the spooky girl could be, but I like how it turned out. Like Wednesday Adams.

The prospector's hat will be new to me. Is the same as Stinky Pete's hat back in Toy Story?

164px-ProspectorMovie.png

I'm kind of glad they didn't go with this colour scheme for the hat, the orange patch was a little too garish. Totally going to use the S12 Prospector hat for the Herman Toothrot-like castaway in my Pirate theme.

Piggy Guy looks adorable, all excited about his apple, and the Spooky Girl looks... interesting, I want to see more of her striped legs, they could be a useful piece.

Edited by David Thomsen

Spooky girl rocks. Piggy guy too. Does anybody know if this series will be sold in the Netherlands? The last regular cmf series didnt.

I love this three:

The piggy guy s what I expected. But why are the hands black?

because they are 'trotters'?

Why is no one talking about the new bear mold? Is there something wrong with my eyes?

I was thinking the same thing but guess its off topic here

is it new or have they just made the one with have look a lot smaller next to the other figs

Why is no one talking about the new bear mold? Is there something wrong with my eyes?

That bear mold's been around for a while, hasn't it? The paint job's new (and keen), but the accessory's been in a bunch of stuff in other colors and paintjobs.

OOPS: I thought we were talking about Spooky Girl's bear because I'm dumb. Carry on!

Edited by obsidianheart

It's the polar bear from the arctic theme. We already seen that

because it looks a lot smaller than it really is they made it look like a baby polar bear but its just the same mold out of scale, it got me at first too

I love the piggy guy and the prospector looks funny but awesome, and the spooky girl has a cool hair pierce, is that elektras hair piece from the marvel video game?

No, it's not. It looks quite a bit like Gwen Stacy's hair, except without the hairband, and also a much smoother texture. Glad we're getting a female hairpiece with bangs, it'll definitely add some much needed variety.

The leg printing is interesting too. The others are pretty good too, though the prospector is kind of boring. The hat is neat though.

Loving this wave of figures so far. I don't care too much for the Prospector; although that may be because I don't personally see much use in him, most of my western collection is comprised of robots! I love the parts selection on the Spooky Girl, and I love getting more bears. Pig Guy is amazing, super cute. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a full mask; I wanted to make a purist Mr. Pig from Beware the Batman; I still can, but not perfectly anymore. Still, the Pig Guy is a great addition to the animal costume characters.

I definitely like the Spooky Girl, but I'm not too sure about what the origin of this character is. According to Google, it's more related to American horror movie culture, is it? Dark lolita fashion is similar, but that is more delicate in clothes.

It's not quite lolita, though. It's a weird monochrome girl in a school uniform with a spooky teddy bear. Possibly Addams Family and Japanese horror boarding schools collided with a little bit of goth thrown in. Whatever she is, I can't wait to get her. (and she's timed well for Halloween- I like that LEGO arranges that sort of timing for their minifigures) I don't love the Prospector. I think his hat is comically large in a bad way, and the beard should have been the Fisherman's recolored.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I like spooky girl. This might be a Source for an affordable white female head, something which is new I guess. Good for dark elves. The only alternative is Amidalas and that costs. There is also kimono girls, but hers is not very useful.

Ok, i guess it is the Same bear mold as the dark Brown and white one. But this is gray, isn't it?

Edited by Wardancer

Spooky girl is good though the spider print limits the uses a bit. I would probably get a couple of them.

The prospector I could take or leave. I would not be disappointed if I got one, but I have no Western MOCs planned.

I am still undecided on the piggy guy. I wanted something creepier for a Wicker Man style MOC. I might still be able to pull it off if I just use the head though. I am curious as to what he would look like with a solid black head. Hmmm....

These look ace, I'm gonna have to get me a full set from my local Lego store whenever the release date is. My favourite in particular is the pig man as you can never have enough pigs. :classic:

I like the Spooky Girl! Just the right combo of goth and supernatural (almost an older Wednesday Addams...).
When we just knew her name, I suspected she'd be a goth. But when I saw the picture, like you, I thought "Wednesday Addams". I'll probably swap her legs for some short ones and treat her as Wednesday. I intend to display her among my horror-themed minifigs, complete with creepy teddy bear.The prospector and pig costumed guy aren't of interest. Edited by AmperZand

I'm a bit disappointed by how bland the Prospector looks (as well as the comical hat, and only a pick as an accessory - maybe he will have another accessory as well?). I was expecting a western gold miner to pop up as a CMF, but I'm not too impressed. Maybe WhiteFang's review will reveal some hidden charm. But I was also hoping for a flamboyant pirate, and we got a great version of that in the swashbuckler, so my expectations were pretty high.

The Spooky Girl looks interesting and well executed, I had no idea what to expect. Could she have a GitD head?

The pig-suit guy is not my cup of tea, only the accessory would have sold me on this one, like the Bumblebee Girl's honey pot. The apple won't cut it.

Not as promising as the first batch of pics.

No, it's not. It looks quite a bit like Gwen Stacy's hair, except without the hairband, and also a much smoother texture.

Gwen_Stacy.png

Well...yeah. I would expect a version with hairband, but at least Gwen won't become another Storm if she would be in any future set. :tongue:

I'm a bit disappointed by how bland the Prospector looks (as well as the comical hat, and only a pick as an accessory - maybe he will have another accessory as well?). I was expecting a western gold miner to pop up as a CMF, but I'm not too impressed. Maybe WhiteFang's review will reveal some hidden charm. But I was also hoping for a flamboyant pirate, and we got a great version of that in the swashbuckler, so my expectations were pretty high.

He's okay to me. Indeed he's alittle similar with the Swashbuckler. At least he's better for having a new hat and a white Wiley beard. He's an okay filler in Pirate or Western theme, but nothing more I can do with him for now.

These figures are decent enough. I think in the end they would be worth purchasing, but I don't like the new price for them, so it makes the so-so figures a harder sell.

I would like something better for the pig guy. At the very least, make it a red apple since those are harder to come by.

The spooky girl is nice. I love that teddy bear. My daughter will probably freak for it.

You can never have enough pigs. :classic:

Agreed.

Piggy guy - The minifig I was most looking forward to, and does not disappoint! I hope he's common like the chicken guy, I need an army! MWA HA HA HAAAA :devil_laugh:

Prospector - This guy looks like he enjoys propelling himself through rock walls with explosives for fun, definitely a good thing!

Spooky girl - Ok I guess, but her uses are somewhat limited, and she isn't very lego-y.

...and i think the spooky girl is a glow in the dark parts!

I really like the new pig guy!! great suit!!!

and the new prospector parts are funny and the figure is really cool!