Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

I'm not sure it's just the headgear at fault... I tried the Hun helmet on another minifig head, it took more effort to pull it off, while a different headgear piece on the Hun head was still a bit (barely) looser than average, so the heads themselves might have a greater variance in the studs on top. Kinda like popping hands or arms out, they may not fit tight on some torsos/arms, but on others they're snug as can be!

I tried that, too. The clutch on the Princess headgear is awful, but her head doesn't clutch well with anything else, so both are truly at fault. I checked with some other minifigs, and while still bad, the clutch was slightly better on them.

I know they make the figs in China and that the plastic is different, but one should still expect them to uphold rudamentary quality expectations. I'm dissapointed.

I've learned to expect the complete opposite.

I found two figures buried in bins of $5-and-under toys near the back end of a Target's toy section... swashbuckler & wizard. I scanned 'em, they have more in the back but have no floor location for them since they dismantled the endcap they were on w/ the Witch King Battle set a week or so ago. If I didn't have to get to work, I would've asked for them to bring out the new case!

Well I wrote LEGO about the poor quality of this latest batch of minifigs, particularly the Jester and Princess. I think it's important that they get some negative feedback when slacking up on quality like that, in the hopes that enough people doing it will make them sharpen up their future products.

They responded rather apologetic, promising to look into the matter. And apparantly, they're sending me a couple of random Series 12 packages to make up for it. It wasn't something I was looking for, but it's a nice gesture. I would of course rather have proper quality versions of the ones I already have, but as it seems like it's a problem with the entire batch, I guess that's not going to happen. Let's just hope this won't be an issue for Series 13!

Let's just hope this won't be an issue for Series 13!

I think Series 13 is already in production, since will be on the shelves in two months or so. I wouldn't be too optimistic about that but it's good to see LEGO responded your letter

The horns seem the same to me... I even swapped them after reading this yesterday, there were no problems at all plugging them in.

Mine are exactly the same as the Minotaur from S6, and can be used for either left or right.

You won't have a problem plugging them in whether you get them the 'right' way around or not, so it's not really important. It's just an observation that if you plug them in and slowly rotate them, they'll eventually click into place. It's not a hard snap like putting a weapon in a minifig's hand. It's a very subtle settling in. If you get the horns in the 'wrong' way around, they will settle at a slightly different rotational angle than TLG intended from the illustration of the Hun. If you get them the 'right' way around, they will look as TLG meant them to be.

Checked my Target today and they had the Series 12 display...but had stocked it with Simpsons figs. :(

There was no price, so I found a nearby scanner to see how much they were ringing up as. $2.99! Still too much for a Simpsons fig, but get this...the description listed them as Series 12.

This on top of my local TRU selling out hours before I got there, and I have yet to see these in the wild. I'm headed to the Lego store on Friday, though, but I was looking forward to scoring some at Target for 3 bucks.

Okay, I've finally bought and opened a full set, after finding them at Target - and yes, at my Target, too, they're just $2.99 each. Huzzah! I guess we know now where to shop for these first...

Am I the only one who's having issues with clutching power of the hats on several of these figs? They just won't stay on in any sort of sturdy way, as LEGO hats usually does.

I know they make the figs in China and that the plastic is different, but one should still expect them to uphold rudamentary quality expectations. I'm dissapointed.

Now that I've put together a full set, I see what you mean, though if mine are representative of all of them, I think the problem may be slightly overstated. As previously noted, the main offenders are the princess and jester. It doesn't actually seem to me to be anything to do with the plastic, though - more like an issue with the molds, in which the inside of the headgear is slightly wider than it needs to be to accommodate the head. For me, the clutch power of the "anti-stud" hole inside the headgear is still strong enough to fasten it to the head, and I can even pick up either figure by the headgear, letting the figure hang out of it; it's just that it's held in place *only* by the stud connection, without any other part of the hat fitting snugly on the head, so that it can be wiggled around a bit.

It's a bit disappointing, though not a deal-killer for me. I personally wouldn't write LEGO solely about it, but as it happens I'm getting ready to write about some other concerns anyway, so I'm going to go ahead and mention these as well.

My Princess and Jester's hat both have a weaker grasp on the head as well. When I first tested them I thought, what are you guys talking about, I can still hold the minifig in the air by the hat and have it not fall off, but when I compared them to the rest of the series I see what you mean. The other figs hats\hair grasp MUCH tighter. Oh well, as long as it is not falling off it is not a big deal to me.

Try them on other figures' heads, too, outside of this series (outside of CMFs at all, even!); it's not necessarily the hats that are to blame! My Hun's helmet fits nice & snug on others.

The Jester is one of the minifigs I care most for from this series, but now that I'm reading negative feedback on it, it makes me think I should skip it entirely (note: paying $3.99 per minifig in Canada).

Edited by Fritzy

Well it was a big deal to me, and I sure don't regret notifiying LEGO about the issue. The hats on my Princess and Jester figs drop off with the slightest bump, and they are nowhere near being clutchy enough to allow me to hold the figs by their hats. It was my two most anticipated figures of the set, and given the rather high price of LEGO compared to other toys, I think I am right to expect better quality from their products.

Well it was a big deal to me, and I sure don't regret notifiying LEGO about the issue. The hats on my Princess and Jester figs drop off with the slightest bump, and they are nowhere near being clutchy enough to allow me to hold the figs by their hats. It was my two most anticipated figures of the set, and given the rather high price of LEGO compared to other toys, I think I am right to expect better quality from their products.

Contact Customer Service in the Bricks and Pieces section. They sent me a completely new hair piece for the Island Warrior from Series 11 when it had the same problem.

Contact Customer Service in the Bricks and Pieces section. They sent me a completely new hair piece for the Island Warrior from Series 11 when it had the same problem.

From the sound of it though, it's a problem across the board. So I doubt that will help. But thanks for the suggestion.

And I already contacted customer service, as previously mentioned in the thread. They did not mention such a possibility.

Edited by Hive

But are the hats the problem, or the heads?

In my experience with a few of the business card holder sets, half of the minifig's hardhats do not clutch to the heads. They will fall off if you tip the minifig.

But are the hats the problem, or the heads?

From my tests with other hats and heads, it seems that it's a little bit of both - but with the heads being the biggest culprit.

I don't have any of series 12 but I have the first Jester hat from fantasy Castle several years back. That was an issue then even and can only picture it being worse with China plastic.

From my tests with other hats and heads, it seems that it's a little bit of both - but with the heads being the biggest culprit.

I did some more tests, and my Princess' hat is more to blame than her head, while it's definitely the Hun's head that's the problem for me, tho his helmet and the princess hat are the worst offenders on his head.

That spooky girl is an interesting MF considering we have no idea who she is meant to be.

My favourite would have to be the pizza boy and also that miner.

That spooky girl is an interesting MF considering we have no idea who she is meant to be.

The Spooky Girl is based on a Japanese ghost called an onryu. In the Lego CMF online mmorpg, the name of one of her special attacks contains the word "onryu".

Edited by Colossus

Scored all of them yesterday in a single box. Looks like there aren't many collectors in my city. I found 4 pigs, 3 wizards, countless pirates, etc.

In your opinion, wich one/s will be the most valuable of the series? I'm thinking of buying some more for future tradings, since they are so easy to find around here.

Edited by Gongoro73