Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

If TLG don't lessen the prices, I can see the theme ending quite soon

That would be sad since I think this theme has potential for 6 or 7 more regular series.

Anyway, back to S12: I found this picture of the Swashbuckler and it looks like he has the right yellow color in the chest

LEGO-Minifigures-Series-12-Swashbuckler-Minifigure-71007-e1411152352132-640x377.jpg

If TLG don't lessen the prices, I can see the theme ending quite soon, I mean, what child (target age group) is going to buy one random minifigure instead of a Mixel which contains well more parts at the same price, and you know who the character is, and there is much more customisation with it.?

Exactly! Kids are going to find more play value in the mixels for just a buck more.(I like the mixels btw). I wonder, if enough people threw a fit, would Lego consider lowering back the prices?

Does anyone know what parts to feel for when looking for bags? I need to know quick. I know Space Miner and Video Game Guy are five in a box, but I am NOT paying premium for a duplicate. I might even collect the whole series just to try to gain every Minifigure in Minifigures Online(For the purpose of testing out their abilities, plus having the physical Minifigure), but for now I want to be ready.

It seems to be late, but just found an old pic of LEGO Rock Band which had a non-physical design of castle princess (which was not based on the Fantasy Era princess):

suwdSW4.jpg

Does anyone know what parts to feel for when looking for bags? I need to know quick. I know Space Miner and Video Game Guy are five in a box, but I am NOT paying premium for a duplicate. I might even collect the whole series just to try to gain every Minifigure in Minifigures Online(For the purpose of testing out their abilities, plus having the physical Minifigure), but for now I want to be ready.

I usually pay for unique and/or large parts. Space Miner I'd go for the armor. The Video Gamer is harder, though. His hair is very similar to the Lifeguard, and his accessory is the same mold as the Jester. I'd have to feel for both of those to be sure. :classic:

If TLG don't lessen the prices, I can see the theme ending quite soon, I mean, what child (target age group) is going to buy one random minifigure instead of a Mixel which contains well more parts at the same price, and you know who the character is, and there is much more customisation with it.?

This is a good point. I'm definitely being more selective when buying with this series. Hell, a $20 Lego set usually includes 3 minifigs. $20 spent on minifigs just leaves me with 5 minifigs.

Edited by Colossus

It's just like any other series... look at the pics, then feel for the accessories. A dress-slope narrows it down the Princess or the Wizard; if there's hair attached to the hat, Princess. If the hat bends at the point, Wizard. The frog, the telescope, both identifying accessories. Long ponytail hair means Genie Girl or Dino Tracker; feel for the tail, legs, bow, lamp to narrow it down further.

Crooked hat & tiles, Jester. Regular-seeming hair & tile, Gamer. Pickax with big flat bent-brimmed hat, Prospector. Rapier with big flat bent-brimmed hat, Swashbuckler.

Spear or crested helmet with hair, Battle Goddess. Binoculars & floaty-thing, Lifeguard. Guitar, Rock Star. Apple & an eared helmet, Piggy Guy. Shield, longsword, weird helmet, two little bent items, Hun. Long straight hair & teddy bear, Spooky Girl. 2x2 square tile & 2x2 round tile (and baseball cap), Pizza Guy. Helmet, big clunky armor, little straight 'horn', Space Miner.

It's just like any other series... look at the pics, then feel for the accessories. A dress-slope narrows it down the Princess or the Wizard; if there's hair attached to the hat, Princess. If the hat bends at the point, Wizard. The frog, the telescope, both identifying accessories. Long ponytail hair means Genie Girl or Dino Tracker; feel for the tail, legs, bow, lamp to narrow it down further.

Crooked hat & tiles, Jester. Regular-seeming hair & tile, Gamer. Pickax with big flat bent-brimmed hat, Prospector. Rapier with big flat bent-brimmed hat, Swashbuckler.

Spear or crested helmet with hair, Battle Goddess. Binoculars & floaty-thing, Lifeguard. Guitar, Rock Star. Apple & an eared helmet, Piggy Guy. Shield, longsword, weird helmet, two little bent items, Hun. Long straight hair & teddy bear, Spooky Girl. 2x2 square tile & 2x2 round tile (and baseball cap), Pizza Guy. Helmet, big clunky armor, little straight 'horn', Space Miner.

I'm really bad at this. I often find myself thinking that some small roundish thing is hair or a hat and realizing it's the head, or thinking I've found a tile and realizing it's the generic 4x3 base.

I find them at intertoys if they are sold out i ask if they have them in the back of the store or i go to a other licensed toystore. Here in the Netherlands i never had any problems finding new series. :sweet: Only the battlepacks and other related star wars stuff sells way to fast.

Edited by clonebricksNL

Tonight there was exactly one Series 12 bag in a box for something else at my Walgreens, so I picked it up without checking what it was. Turned out to be the swashbuckler, and his chest printing was just fine! I'm quite happy with this one.

The only thing I wasn't happy about was that he rang up at $4.49 before tax. At that rate, I'm likely to just ebay the remaining few figs that I want; the markup isn't even that bad at this point.

Does anyone know what parts to feel for when looking for bags?

I made a visual guide I plan to use on my trip next week to a Lego Store. Here it is :

cmf12-guide-2.jpg

It's obviously based on WhiteFang scan. I hope it will be on some use here.

Found tons ar Walgreens, they'd hardly been touched! With just a few seconds before I had to leave, I felt out the goddess and jester, 2 for 2 so far! Hoping to get back, I'm really wanting the pig.

I finally found some at Walgreen's too, so I got the Princess (which is the one I wanted the most). But my lord, $4.29 for the packs? That's excessive... I won't be buying more from Walgreen's, I'll just wait for them at Target or Walmart.

I made a visual guide I plan to use on my trip next week to a Lego Store. Here it is :

cmf12-guide-2.jpg

It's obviously based on WhiteFang scan. I hope it will be on some use here.

A bigger giveaway for the Spooky Girl is her hair. it's squishy, and it's the only squishy item for all the minifigs

Exactly how I found her!

I am seriously itching for the Wizard and Goddess, who I'll be getting tomorrow. I can't decide what I should get for a third!

Up to 4 for 4 on feeling, today I got spooky girl and pizza guy. The squishy hair was definitely a giveaway and the pizza boy has the round tile.

Hey, if any of you find duplicates when trying to get any of the Series 12 Minifigures, and don't want the Minifigures Online codes that come with the Blind Bags, please PM me with them. I'm trying to collect them all in game.

They are one time use, but for those of you who have 8 Pizza Guy Minifigures, I would be happy to take a code from one of them.

I went to a Target and TRU, and neither had Series 12. TRU had them last week, but they ran out and apparently have no backstock until they get a new shipment. I went to my town's Walgreens, however, and I found the wonderful Battle Goddess, and the Dino Tracker. The goddess is great, since she fits with the Ocean King and Medusa. And if you have Spinlyn, she could represent Arachne. It's interesting how similar her hair is to Wonder Woman's. Athena's is a little less tight, though. The skirt is very annoying, but I can live with it.

Found a few here at my local Walgreens here in NC. They are selling them for 3.99$ each, I was relieved that it wasn't 4.29$. That price hike still kills the notion of buying multiples for me though. :cry_sad:

There were only four left hanging on the rack. I picked up the Wizard and Dino Tracker, and passed on the Space Miner and Swashbuckler. Sadly no Hun or Spooky Girl, the two I wanted the most.

The Wizard looks great in real life, better than in the pictures for some reason. I really like this 'fig. He'd look better in a blue cape though, I plan to supply him with one. Speaking of his cape, it feels different than all the other Lego capes that I've ever had, like it's more delicate or something.

The Dino Tracker is alright, but I bought her for the pieces anyway.

Even though I've skipped 3 series (11, Lego Movie, and The Simpsons) I "felt out" the Wizard, Swashbuckler and Dino Tracker almost immediately. I still have the gift! :head_back:

Edited by Sir Walter Maugham