Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

Yay, they've finally made a black female suit! I'll have a- Oh wait... Drat.

Edited by TheRedGuy

$4 is what £2.50 equates to?

Yep, I hope it's an indicator for a general trend, that US and other country's prices move closer together.

I feel like the only person here that collects the CMS for novelty reasons and not how versatile and useful they are. :sceptic:

In that respect for the raising of the price, i am slightly dissapointed in this series, cause while others might like the normalness of this series, the lack of novelty characters draws me out. Though on the bright side after spluring on the money for the Simpsons series (yup i love the simpsons and lego movie series of CMS) i wont need to spend much on this series. Honestly i cant for the life of me get into the jester, swashbuckler and lifeguard, which is a pain as my ocd side of me collects in even numbers. :laugh: i know weird right? Honestly even the worst of series i only find 2 at most figures i just dont want. But this is just a slight dissapointment cause i really like or love the rest :wub: (yes i even love the prospector)

Edited by MannyLego

Dang, I'm still looking for HD pictures of this. Wonder when they'll show up...

Me too. I can't wait for an in-depth review of these guys.

I'm also curious if any of the heads are double sided, too.

Yep, I hope it's an indicator for a general trend, that US and other country's prices move closer together.

Why the heck would you want prices in the US to rise? The prices moving closer together would only be good if prices outside of the US dropped...

Why the heck would you want prices in the US to rise? The prices moving closer together would only be good if prices outside of the US dropped...

I guess it's more about fairness, because many european- and other fans feel like they subsidize the low prices in the u.s..

I believe the reason prices are lower in the u.s. is because many more sets are sold here. But regardless one country's pricing is only relevant for that country, and has nothing to do with the prices anywhere else. Factors such as taxes, shipping costs and rental space play a major role, not to,mention economic forces relevant to each particular country. The idea a European company is charging more in European countries to subsidize prices in the u.s. is a little crazy. Because if that were true then Europe.would be subsidizing a great many things in the u.s.

I believe the reason prices are lower in the u.s. is because many more sets are sold here. But regardless one country's pricing is only relevant for that country, and has nothing to do with the prices anywhere else. Factors such as taxes, shipping costs and rental space play a major role, not to,mention economic forces relevant to each particular country. The idea a European company is charging more in European countries to subsidize prices in the u.s. is a little crazy. Because if that were true then Europe.would be subsidizing a great many things in the u.s.

I was going to make a point about all this but I think you coved it very well

Here is an image from The Brothers Brick, the same one AyliffeMakit posted on page 18. I hope its OK to post it and it doesnt violate any anti-leak policy. Im surprised pics arent all over the place already. If its clean, could someone with the proper authority post this in the first post of this thread? AyliffeMakits p18 pic doesnt show up for me anymore and it would be useful to have this pic up for reference.

14759928194_21f2655e4e_z.jpg

the webpage address: http://www.brothers-...ifigs-revealed/

I was going to make a point about all this but I think you coved it very well

I may have misinterpreted the post but as I originally read it I thought they were referring to being pleased about a relative drop in UK prices rather than about an increase in US prices. i.e. I believe the figures were originally $2 in the US and £2 in the UK making the UK prices about 1.7 times the US prices, now they are $4 in the US and £2.5 in the UK making the UK prices about 1.05 times the US prices. So essentially they're pleased that although they doubled the US price they didn't double the UK one.

I guess since LEGO is a European company then perhaps it makes more sense to see the US prices set off the European prices (Incidentally I don't know if the prices in £ track the euro) and therefore perhaps you guys are right and this should instead be seen more predominantly as a relative US price increase rather than a relative UK price decrease. Since the US price was brought up on this page first though then I at least was interpreting the UK price off of the US price, if that makes any sense.

All that aside, I think it is still possible for a customer in Europe to see a US price increase as a good thing if a number of other things are true that I have no idea as to whether or not they actually are. For instance if the rise in US retail price is seen as a result of an increase in demand in the US market leading to TLC rising supply (along with price) to meet it, then that increase in supply could mean a reduction in their production cost per product leading to TLC increasing their overall profitability and that could potentially lead to some benefit for European customers in product or price. So while I'm not advocating that this last paragraph is a true reflection of the actual state of things, rather more of a devil's advocate interpretation, I still refute the claim that one country's prices has no affect on anywhere else for a worldwide product and the original comment was perhaps not as daft as some of you are suggesting.

(sorry for double post)

Edited by Weil

Another thing to remember is that say, UK prices already include VAT, while in the US sales tax varies by region and so is not yet reflected in the advertised price. Where I live "$2.99" means paying about $3.30 to actually walk out of the store with that figure, while $3.99 sticker price actually means $4.40. Still not quite equal, but not as bad a discrepancy as it looks on paper.

We'll, this series is REALLY disappointing. It has no monsters or mythical creatures at all. No space or sci-Fi characters either apart from the space miner. The only one that stands out is the piggy suit guy and the Dino hunter.

We'll, this series is REALLY disappointing. It has no monsters or mythical creatures at all. No space or sci-Fi characters either apart from the space miner. The only one that stands out is the piggy suit guy and the Dino hunter.

To me it's an average series ---- there are cons and pros as usual. Rock Star, Lifeguard, Pizza Man, Swashbuckler, Jester and Video Game Guy are the retro designs. The might suit some FOLs' needs, but half of them don't work for me. Also, I'm not sure if the retro designs match the increasing price. The rest of this series have done a very well job.

I didn't notice that there are no characters with original head molds this time, though the previous series were just full of new head molds :p.

Edited by Dorayaki

Athena/Minerva doesn't count as a mythical creature? I'm super stoked to get her! She'll full chill with the Minataur, Medusa, Cyclops and company. :D

It has no monsters or mythical creatures at all.

Except Spooky Girl, Genie Girl and Battle Goddess. :hmpf:

I may have misinterpreted the post but as I originally read it I thought they were referring to being pleased about a relative drop in UK prices rather than about an increase in US prices. i.e. I believe the figures were originally $2 in the US and £2 in the UK making the UK prices about 1.7 times the US prices, now they are $4 in the US and £2.5 in the UK making the UK prices about 1.05 times the US prices. So essentially they're pleased that although they doubled the US price they didn't double the UK one.

The pound is for a long time 1 pound is 1.25 euro's so i think it's right as the price is 2.50 in the uk and in euro's :wink:

But 4 dollars for a minifig is pretty expensive if you look at battlepacks in the US it's way cheaper compared to europe as the prices stay at 16 euro's and never drop down on a sale or only like 50 cents :cry_happy:

Don't talk to Australians about prices :facepalm: AU$4.99 some stores even charge AU$5.50.... LEGO in Australia is so expensive...

Rant over :classic:

Enough about global economics and exchange rates, where's the WhiteFang review of this series?

He will probably review them closer to the release date of the minifigures which is a little before october.