Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

I just checked what female figs with cloth skirts have underneath. Pretzel girl has white throughout which represents tights. Marge is yellow underneath, which means nude, unless You Count the bridge in the middle as a string tanga. The ice scater has a printed undergarment, so she would Look ok without skirt.

Hopefully, Athena has some printing so that the cloth could be omitted. If not, there is always the Way of customizing, for example cutting the skirt shorter in order to make it look more dynamic.

How does the street date for CMF usually work? Is it a strict Oct 1, or will they randomly start showing up in stores before then?

In the US, some branches of major chains ignore street dates so there's a good chance they'll start to appear in September. In the UK, it's likely to be late September or the official release date of 1 Oct. I can't really say about other countries.

What do people mean by "solid skirt"? All of them are cloth, but I feel like this one will certainly restrict her leg movement.

What do people mean by "solid skirt"? All of them are cloth, but I feel like this one will certainly restrict her leg movement.

A solid skirt is the slope piece, instead of pants with a cloth skirt over them.

I think this skirt looks awesome. It may not be 'accurate,' but it's fantasy. It doesn't need to be accurate. This skirt looks very cool (as does the fig as a whole), so that's what matters to me.

I really want The Swashbuckler and the Genie Girl when they come out so I can make some Arabian Night themed MOC`s.

The Swash Buckler reminds me of a classic Adventurer form classic books and that is why I want him.

The Genie Girl came out a lot better than I expected and I really want her.

Edited by Pheonix1604

I'll take one of each, please! OK there's a couple minifigs in the lineup I don't particularly care for, but this is one of the better all-around CMF releases and the first for which I will blindly buy a bunch of polybags.

The hun and genie are both outstanding!

I just checked what female figs with cloth skirts have underneath. .... Marge is yellow underneath, which means nude, unless You Count the bridge in the middle as a string tanga.

Marge is definitely not nude underneath. Lego don't do yellow hips in any minifigures any more for precisely this reason. Same with fleshie hips too.

Because I hope I can use them to make a custom bear cavallery and I imagine riding a bear is more comfortable without a long skirt. :-)

Why would army built Pizza guys?

Thank you very much for the picture of the whole series, AyliffeMakit! :classic:

Series 12 is imo one of the best series so far! :wub: :wub:

The most I like the princess (excellent head gear!), the jester, the video gamer and the rock star.

What I'm a bit disappointed about is that the hun warrior has a winter outfit. And that the lifeguard has pants with a lifeguard sign on it - so you sadly can't use the pants for a regular bather.

But all in all: amazing series!

Klaus-Dieter

In the US, some branches of major chains ignore street dates so there's a good chance they'll start to appear in September. In the UK, it's likely to be late September or the official release date of 1 Oct. I can't really say about other countries.

In Germany it's pretty much the same as in the US. Although I was thinking... Am I right that over the last years the release date was in September? So maybe LEGO uses September for sales exclusively in LEGO stores. They have done this with whole lines previously.

A solid skirt is the slope piece, instead of pants with a cloth skirt over them.

I think this skirt looks awesome. It may not be 'accurate,' but it's fantasy. It doesn't need to be accurate. This skirt looks very cool (as does the fig as a whole), so that's what matters to me.

I am really not a fan of those fabric things, they always look weird and out of place. Personally I don't know what's wrong with printed skirts as the Cheerleaders or the Warrior Woman from series 10 had.

I am really not a fan of those fabric things, they always look weird and out of place. Personally I don't know what's wrong with printed skirts as the Cheerleaders or the Warrior Woman from series 10 had.

I prefer printed skirts as well, am I the only one that finds them really fiddly to apply?

I'm not a fan of the fabric skirt elements either. The capes are fine but the fabric skirts, despite looking good in the promotional images, never look coherent with the rest of the figure in real life.

I prefer printed skirts as well, am I the only one that finds them really fiddly to apply?

Same here. They're fairly awkward IMO. Though, I think that it would have been difficult for TLG to make the Goth Girl have the shoes, striped stockings, and skirt all on printed her legs. But I would have preferred a printed skirt on the Goddess figure.

I do like the cloth skirt on the Ice Skater, it seems to fit with the overall character. But often, I could take it or leave cloth skirts.

From what I remember from my Eastern Civ. class, ancient Greeks were predominantly blond. Maybe Lego went with that for the warrior goddess.

Spooky Girl - Still wondering what this could be.

Ally Sheedy - Breakfast Club

Edited by m0dulo

A Pacman print would have ran into legal issues, wouldn't have it? A Tetris-like print using Lego bricks would have been amazing though.

They could have gone for classic gamer and used Galaga, they already had rights to that image from the Hulk Helicarrier set. Although I guess that could have been a one-off.

I expect that the after-market price of that sticker sheet will go way up with this CMF.

And that the lifeguard has pants with a lifeguard sign on it - so you sadly can't use the pants for a regular bather.

True but a bare torso is useful for so many different MOCs. I'm glad there's one in this series. I think I'm right in saying that we haven't had one in a CMF series since Poseidon.