Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

The LEGO movie is a licensed theme. It is licensed to Warner Brothers. It is linked to a movie franchise, as opposed to an in-house theme.

And prices will continue to rise. They have only risen twice in a handful of years with the minifigures out, so ultimately probably not a big deal. But still spending more than $3 starts to be a burden. I don't think I'll be able to complete the collections anymore.

Just on the Simpsons, I spent way more than I would have preferred. In order to buy the CMFs, I have to cut out other sets, so LEGO doesn't ultimately get more money from me. But they do still get my money, unless I find them cheaper through aftermarket sellers.

Yes... we'd discussed pricing earlier on in this thread... regardless of what people in other countries are paying, you have to assume TLG never sold at a loss. This latest price increase doubles the price since Series 1 in 2010. The way the bean counters look at it, people will think it's only a buck. The way people should look at it, it's 100% increase in price over four years, and we don't just buy one... we often buy 16 or more. It adds up.

I'm not likely to continue being a "collector" (getting them all). But they know what they're doing, and they're doing quite well.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but: any word about Series 13?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but: any word about Series 13?

Nope, none at the moment.

The way people should look at it, it's 100% increase in price over four years, and we don't just buy one... we often buy 16 or more. It adds up.

I suspect the vast majority of CMFs are bought either by adults for kids or by kids themselves, that is, only a few CMFs per buyer. So a large increase in price won't be noticed by most buyers because they're not getting that many at once and may not know that the price used to be lower.

The big price increase only impacts TFOLs and AFOLs who buy lots of them, and TLG probably reckons that most TFOLs and AFOLs are die-hards who will pay more anyway. Even if there's a decrease in units sold to the T/AFOL segment, the revenue may be the same or higher from the segment. So from TLG's perspective, the price increase makes sense.

Yes... we'd discussed pricing earlier on in this thread... regardless of what people in other countries are paying, you have to assume TLG never sold at a loss. This latest price increase doubles the price since Series 1 in 2010. The way the bean counters look at it, people will think it's only a buck. The way people should look at it, it's 100% increase in price over four years, and we don't just buy one... we often buy 16 or more. It adds up.

I'm not likely to continue being a "collector" (getting them all). But they know what they're doing, and they're doing quite well.

It's always been £2 over here, right up to Series 11 (in fact, I've seen that price retained for Series 11 while it is still sold on store shelves).

.... Even if there's a decrease in units sold to the T/AFOL segment, the revenue may be the same or higher from the segment. So from TLG's perspective, the price increase makes sense.

No doubt. I may not be happy, but I prefer capitalism over the alternatives. TLG isn't a charity.

So, I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, but are there any hints as to what we may see for future minifigures coming from the open beta of the MMO? I've managed to see the Swashbuckler, Video Gamer, and Dino Tracker, but I think that's about as far as I'm going to play this game.

That's what makes it obscure as a tie-in, since the Dino theme wasn't too successful and no longer exists. The Hunger Games vibe is most likely intentional, with the Dino title as an excuse.

If you say so, but to me it so clearly and obviously goes with the Dino theme, whereas the Hunger Games thing didn't even occur to me until others mentioned it. It's not as though her outfit or anything really resembles that of Katniss; really, the only connection is that it's a woman in some vaguely sci-fi adventure milieu carrying a bow. But the figure design does quite clearly fit with the design aesthetic of the Dino line, in the same way the Minifigures line has had a couple different alien figures that fit just peachily into Alien Conquest, even though neither of those figures was out at the same time as that theme.

If you say so, but to me it so clearly and obviously goes with the Dino theme, whereas the Hunger Games thing didn't even occur to me until others mentioned it. It's not as though her outfit or anything really resembles that of Katniss; really, the only connection is that it's a woman in some vaguely sci-fi adventure milieu carrying a bow. But the figure design does quite clearly fit with the design aesthetic of the Dino line, in the same way the Minifigures line has had a couple different alien figures that fit just peachily into Alien Conquest, even though neither of those figures was out at the same time as that theme.

I agree completely. It is not an obscure thing to do, it is a perfect fit design wise. It has been done previously as you mentioned, IIRC even the Hazmat Guy was a concept for AC.

In Poland:

S1-from 8 to10 pln (2-2,50€)

S Simpsons 12 pln (3€)

So, yeah in Europe the price change isn't to big.

If the S12 Jester comes with no accessories, you could always get the BrickWarriors "evil jester" accessories, though how sinister he may be depends on your interpretation and LEGO's description. The brick-built jester staff works well, too, but it would be such a nice way to get a molded one, but after the Riddler, it's not likely. The only times we got custom staffs, they were with Egyptian connotations- the S2 Pharaoh's cobra staff and the staff in Pharaoh's quest used later for Loki.

In Taiwan, as I can remember:

S1: almost 2€

S8~Simpsons: 2.4€ (no increases)

Looks like the chance of a whole new jester is pretty small. A new color palette and new devil sticks are predictable.

I thought that was the purpose of CMFs. Giving us a new unique figure with an accessory either new or rare. I don't see a figure coming without one. Medusa didn't, but she had a new hairpiece AND new color of tail. The jester is just a new print job.

I beg pardon if this was asked before: is the wizard hat a reprint of the sad clown's hat from S10?

Nope, the sad clown has a moulded rim at the bottom of the hat, while the wizard does not. :wink:

So, I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, but are there any hints as to what we may see for future minifigures coming from the open beta of the MMO? I've managed to see the Swashbuckler, Video Gamer, and Dino Tracker, but I think that's about as far as I'm going to play this game.

Where's the Dino Tracker? I've seen Swashbuckler, Video Gamer, Wizard, Jester, Space Miner.

Where's the Dino Tracker? I've seen Swashbuckler, Video Gamer, Wizard, Jester, Space Miner.

There is one more world. From what I've got it's some kind of jungle.

Nope, the sad clown has a moulded rim at the bottom of the hat, while the wizard does not. :wink:

You're right my friend! If I looked better, after all, that was a silly question! :)

She's on the right of the login screen.

I get the impression that the swashbuckler's hat is in dark brown, but after closer inspection I wonder if it will be normal brown. What do you guys think?

I agree with you Walter. After I read your comment, I compared that hat with the Dino Hunter's bow and sleeves. She appears to have dark brown so his hat is probably just the reddish brown that is so common in LEGO. However, since I missed the musketeer, that will be my first opportunity to get that hat in any color. I hope to get multiples of him.

Personally I'm hoping for dark brown, but I'll still be sure to get one in normal brown because it's a new color for that hat either way.