Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

As a collector of historical/fantasy/mythological minifigs, I'm really excited by the names of the forthcoming CMFs and the images we've seen so far. The wizard (Merlin), Greek goddess (Athena) and swashbuckler (Will Turner) are all 'must haves' and the jester, jeannie and hun sound like they will be too.

When I read that they were doing a new wizard, I was concerned that they were replacing the classic wizard's hat. But having seen the image of the new wizard, I have to say I'm relieved. He certainly captures the archetype as well as or even better than the old wizard. I always pictured wizards in long robes but TLG has previously normally (maybe always?) given them articulated legs. It's good to see one in a gown.

@8BrickMario, Great use of the new wizard's picture! :thumbup:

Yes, I'm calling the brimmed one the "witch hat" now, since we have such a great new conical wizard hat piece. I'm so glad they've finally captured the Merlin archetype so perfectly with the hat and flowy blue celestial patterned-robes. (and those moons and stars look to be Metallic Gold print!) And thanks, I like to use favorite CMFs as my avatar. :classic:

Edited by 8BrickMario

I'd be pretty pleased if the Pizza guy had ginger hair, blue trousers, and a red jacket. Maybe instead an update or a reference to Pepper from Lego island?

I really wish that TLG would do that, but they probably won't go that far. They could sneak in a Lego Island reference by making the pizza guy work for "Papa Brickolini's Pizzeria" :wink:

Nice to see you got the reference! :grin: It's extremely unlikely due to a whole truck load of things, whoever, I hold out hope due to the uncanny resemblances some previous minifigs have had to people. That's what I was thinking. Maybe a new Pizza box mould or just a printed tile with a Lego reference, yours being the one I'd say was the most likely, as Lego Island is held with high regard and nostalgia among many fans.

I'm really glad they are continuing the regular line of CMF. I was really disappointed with the Simpsons series especially their lack of accessories.

For those of you wondering why the gamer has that controller as an accessory, take a look at the controller featured in the game's actual logo: :wink:

Lego_minifig_online_logo.jpg

The Huns really need a new helmet but I think they will also come with the smaller bow we already have. They were famous for the power their smaller bows delivered and their precision firing on horseback. I see them are the true army builders from this set.

can anyone who got an email about the Online Closed Beta Final Phase‏ tell me if they had any problem with the link to download or point me to the right forum as I cant seems to find the right place

thanks

HUNS! Can't wait till the pics of them arrive. He will look awesome, no doubt. TLG did a great job with the Barbarian, so I am sure the Hun will look awesome too.

can anyone who got an email about the Online Closed Beta Final Phase‏ tell me if they had any problem with the link to download or point me to the right forum as I cant seems to find the right place

thanks

No E-Mails yet.

Web site for Beta is

logo.png

http://www.playminifigures.com/en

I'm really glad they are continuing the regular line of CMF. I was really disappointed with the Simpsons series especially their lack of accessories.

Yes, I wasn't too bothered about buying any Simpsons figures so was disappointed that there were no new accessories which would have persuaded me. Likewise, the Lego Movie series didn't really have any new moulds for accessories either. The accessories are the main reason I like the collectible series as they allow Lego to introduce new pieces that wouldn't usually get moulds in a regular set such as instruments or sports equipment.

Sadly though, this series doesn't so far seem to have many new accessories, except for the Battle Goddess' helmet. I am hoping the (as yet) unseen figures may surprise us, although there aren't many I can think of. Hopefully, the rock star will have a new instrument or at the very least a different guitar to previous figures. Other than that I'm not sure we'll get much.

Edited by lifeinplastic

Honestly, the Simpsons minifigures creep me out. Glad to see regular ones return.

Liking the trend of the helms with hair on it. Still kind of new to the hobby not I really only noticed a few of them.

Really thought the Dino Hunter was katness.

cant wait for the Hun warrior.

Edited by McDuder

As I can read Japanese, the text below from the catalogue pic confirmed the previous list.

Nice to see the Dino Tracker being a lady, but I'm alittle surprised it's not a hairpiece from Padmé due to their similarity. Some people complained that the Dino Tracker and Space Miner aren't very recognizeable, maybe it would depend on their bios.

The Game Dude is fairly realistic, but I'm not sure he's more apppealing than the previous two DJs.

The Wizard is a pretty decent design. Let's see if he'll play any role in later Castle sets and what TLC would do to the previous wizard designs.

Overall the six designs do raise the bar of Minifigure series and are a good comeback of normal series. Let's wait for the rest ones!

That Dino Tracker sure has some winks at the Hunger Games.

Well looks like Ms Simpsons had asked TLG for something but a result they could only manage to give a new addition to Johnny Thunder's team (in many meanings) :tongue: .

Dino Hunter has a lot of similarities to the characters in the Dino Theme a couple of years ago, and the Dino Attack/2010 Theme from 2005.

Reminds me of the Alien Queen. Maybe her bio would relate to the Dino theme, for example, she's the missing leader whom her fellow have been searching for?

Reminds me of the Alien Queen. Maybe her bio would relate to the Dino theme, for example, she's the missing leader whom her fellow have been searching for?

I know some people disagree, but I enjoy it when they unofficially expand a theme through the CMFs. Blacktron, Alien Conquest, Monster Fighters (although the argument could be made that it was born from the CMF's, not the otherway around), and now Dino just to name a few.

The triumphant return of CMF's is at hand. That Battle Goddess is a work of art, and the Swashbuckler is an excellent addition. It's also nice to get a true Wizard Hat mold - someone commented earlier how this shifts the definitions a bit, the current mage hat is now a true Witch Hat and the new hate is a Wizard Hat. This Wizard also can double equally as an Arthurian Merlin or a Prospero from The Tempest. What we need now is that Wizard Hat mold in blue without any stars.

The Miner is poorly colored, Video Game Boy is meh, Dino Lady's alright. But the other three are home runs, so I'm more than pleased.

As for the rest we continue to speculate on:

Jester: a novel color scheme would be nice, given that this is not a groundbreaker

Piggy Guy: standard animal costume entry

Hun Warrior: fingers crossed for an epic new helmet mold. I'm expecting a bow and quiver for weapons. This could be the armybuilder of the wave.

Fairytale Princess: probably will be pink and mediocre, but there's a lot of potential here

Pizza Delivery Man: whatever

Spooky Girl: Goth?

Prospector: Sounds like a solid western entry

Genie Girl: Will she be blue? Personally I'm hoping for red, gotta get some Ifrit action going

Rock Star: Hasn't this been done already?

Lifeguard: ditto

The prospector figure will probably be the one seen in the Lego movie. He wears a hat with a patch on it similar to Stinky Pete from Toy Story and a brown Santa beard and overalls. Just after Bad cop kraggles his parents prospector appeared in the Bar room scene at the front throwing a bottle in the air. The prospector gets knocked out by the barmaid just before Emmet and Wyldestyle enter the bar.

The prospector figure will probably be the one seen in the Lego movie. He wears a hat with a patch on it similar to Stinky Pete from Toy Story and a brown Santa beard and overalls. Just after Bad cop kraggles his parents prospector appeared in the Bar room scene at the front throwing a bottle in the air. The prospector gets knocked out by the barmaid just before Emmet and Wyldestyle enter the bar.

I remember him now! I remember thinking how odd it was that he was wearing a hat that didn't seem to exist as a Lego piece (yet). This makes sense now.

164px-ProspectorMovie.png

Now I'm wondering if any other S12 minifigs appeared in the movie...

Edited by David Thomsen

Wouldn't it be kind if silly to put a Lego movie prospector in the series right after having a whole series devoted to the movie? He looks great though:)

Wouldn't it be kind if silly to put a Lego movie prospector in the series right after having a whole series devoted to the movie? He looks great though:)

My guess is that he was such a minor and overlooked character, that they just decided to put him in the 12th series. That or he was one of the completed S12 minifigures so they just decided to stick him in the movie.

I have no issues with them sticking the prospector in Series 12 and the LEGO Movie. Western is not a core interest of mine but that theme has their own fans and can always use another minifig. I think that the other themes are being well served in this series.

Yes there has not been very much western stuff, I can't remember there being a single one. It is nice with some variety, and he would fit well into the City theme as well. I think he is my favorite of the series so far, if he is infact the one :classic:

Emilstorm, Series 1 had Tribal Hunter and Cowboy, Series 3 had Tribal Chief, and Series 6 had the Bandit. The Cowgirl in Series 8 feels out of place to me... like Marty McFly's wardrobe in BTTF part 3. I would even place the Tomahawk Warrior in Series 10 before the Western period. But I might be too tainted by Hollywood's portrayal.

If I ever do a Western MOC, I would change Wiley Fusebot into a regular trapper. So he might count but neither the Wild West Wildstyle nor Calamity Drone would pass for me.

Emilstorm, Series 1 had Tribal Hunter and Cowboy, Series 3 had Tribal Chief, and Series 6 had the Bandit. The Cowgirl in Series 8 feels out of place to me... like Marty McFly's wardrobe in BTTF part 3. I would even place the Tomahawk Warrior in Series 10 before the Western period. But I might be too tainted by Hollywood's portrayal.

Those guys had totally been erased from my memory :classic: I just had a look at them at BL, the series 1 entries were quite good actually. I am not a western type of guy at all, but still think they are very underrepresented for something that was actually a theme. I would have thought those would be more popular.