On a scale of 1 to 5   

166 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Not bad. I guess they made the printed proton pack to offset the lack of striped tile on the ghost trap and also the missing pke meter. The fins on Brent Waller's ecto are way cooler though!

Another Fangtastic review, and I join the voices and thank Wetwired for getting the support for this to be made, and all his other great works (seriously have you seen how big his Stay Puft is? -pure beast).

Definetely like others have said its a pretty much perfect set (except for the gaping hole that was the removal of HQ) I have my printed arm patches ready for four of these ASAP.

Can't wait to dismember Bill Murray, for oh so many reasons. :D let's call it - inner child therapy.

Haha, I got my arms with printed GB logo already at home, too :) CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Edited by KCMatze

Awesome review Whitefang, thanks for that. And absolutely a really awesome set and best cuusoo project so far (my opinion), a totally go, get it set.

And one of the best things with this set what I didn´t expect (ofcourse there wouldn´t been many but) NO stickers, all printed tiles. Continue this trend TLG :wink:

Awesome review, and awesome set. I actually like both the original and the retail version, I'd be happy owning either one. Really happy to see that there aren't any stickers.

I actually got to meet Ernie Hudson at a comic con over the weekend, he was there with the ECTO-1A. Got my picture taken with him and the car, which he autographed. I'm going to display this set next to the picture. Just too bad I didn't have this set in hand for him to sign as well.

Edited by naf

Great review! Having seen the side-by-side comparison (thanks for that, and for the interview!), I really think I prefer TLG's set to the prototype because it's more compact and lower to the ground, though the original does have all those lovely chrome bits.

I don't think there's a single thing I don't like about the set.

Absolutely fantastic looking set, I'll be sure to get this. So much better than the BTTF set that it's not even fair to compare them.

About Slimer: lots of people complain about his absence, and I couldn't disagree more. He doesn't belong in this set.

You guys are mixing up your childhood memories of the MOVIE with your memory of the following CARTOON and toys from the 80s,

which are the ones that made him the lovable sidekick to appeal to kids. (Which were extremely popular, admittedly).

You need to watch the movie again.

In the actual MOVIE, Slimer had basically an insignificant role. Lego are basing this set on the movie, not the cartoons or subsequent toy line.

Edited by SheepEater

I brickbuilt my own Slimer. I should share a picture of it sometime, I really like how it turned out. Also I made Walter Peck (Eomer's angry face is perfect for SHUT IT OFF!) and the containment unit. Now, to decide if I should get those printed arms....

I brickbuilt my own Slimer. I should share a picture of it sometime, I really like how it turned out. Also I made Walter Peck (Eomer's angry face is perfect for SHUT IT OFF!) and the containment unit. Now, to decide if I should get those printed arms....

haha I used Eomer for Peck too :)

Can you provide pictures of both, Slimer and Peck? Thank you :sweet:

Great review. This is my favorite 2014 set. It's almost perfect. Sure, I wouldn't mind spending another €20-30 for some chrome and a ghost, but for the recommended price, it's about as good as it can get. The minifig stand and absence of stickers really adds to the exclusiveness. I love it.

Looking forward to seeing this one pull up to my MF Haunted House on the 1sy of June. Finally the ghosts around that house on the edge of my town will meet their match!

Haha, me too!

Thanks WhiteFang for a great review. Im curious how this and the DeLorian will look side by side, if they will feel the same scale or not.

Just for you, mechamike! :wink:

I took this bonus picture with my mobile phone. It didn't turn out as well as being taken with a proper layout. Now, both of these set reside safely onto my office display. :wub:

14282964295_fcffe621d1_z_d.jpg

Just for you, mechamike! :wink:

I took this bonus picture with my mobile phone. It didn't turn out as well as being taken with a proper layout. Now, both of these set reside safely onto my office display. :wub:

*snip*

Wow. And there we have it, how two iconic vehicles can end up at opposite ends of the spectrum when they are turned into Lego sets. The poor old DeLorean looks bad enough on its own, but put it next to the amazing Ecto-1 and it looks absolutely terrible.

The GB set is outstanding. I can't wait to get hold of one.

Thanks for the excellent review WhiteFang.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Please don't quote pictures.

Wow. And there we have it, how two iconic vehicles can end up at opposite ends of the spectrum when they are turned into Lego sets. The poor old DeLorean looks bad enough on its own, but put it next to the amazing Ecto-1 and it looks absolutely terrible.

Well, the DeLorean is equally nice and it holds well as a class of its own. Placing both vehicles side by side, is really to bring across the unbelievable designs that can be made possible as an official LEGO products for these 1980s Blockbuster movies. Like myself, I enjoy both of these sets equally. :sweet:

The GB set is outstanding. I can't wait to get hold of one.

Thanks for the excellent review WhiteFang.

It's funny how you and I looked at that picture and got totally opposite impressions of it. I was surprised by how well the smaller and chunkier DeLorean looked next to the Ecto-1, to the point where I did a double take to see if the DeLorean had been modded—but nope, that's the set, and they look great together.

I bought it for 49,99 € @ the Lego-Shop in Oberhausen. Its a fuckin' lot of money... But - it is Lego. And it is Ghostbusters. And its all printed, no sticker. Nice packagin. And the figs are more than awesome. I'm lovin it! I'm still waiting for a 80's Movie-Wave.. Like Buck Rogers or Battlestar Galactica. There is so much potential in it!

Whaaaaat! They already had it?! They told me not before June 2nd!! ARRRGHH!!

Absolutely fantastic looking set, I'll be sure to get this. So much better than the BTTF set that it's not even fair to compare them.

About Slimer: lots of people complain about his absence, and I couldn't disagree more. He doesn't belong in this set.

You guys are mixing up your childhood memories of the MOVIE with your memory of the following CARTOON and toys from the 80s,

which are the ones that made him the lovable sidekick to appeal to kids. (Which were extremely popular, admittedly).

You need to watch the movie again.

In the actual MOVIE, Slimer had basically an insignificant role. Lego are basing this set on the movie, not the cartoons or subsequent toy line.

I never watched the cartoons. Slimer (or spud as we called him) was the very first ghost caught by the ghostbusters, after a considerably long battle around the hotel with sliming and generally charging around the corridors before the battle finale in the ballroom. Being the first ghost battled and caught was a pivotal moment in the movie - it proved that the ghostbusters could do the job and get taken seriously. Before slimer was caught, hardly any calls were coming in to the ghostbusters and their financial gamble looked like it might have been a big mistake - ghostbusters looked doomed. After he was caught the resultant publicity caused such a deluge of calls that they could not cope and had to recruit a new member. Not only was this one of the most significant parts of the movie. if not the most significant, (without catching slimer ghostbusters would have crashed and burned). It became an iconic moment which many people would like to recreate. After the movie came out, Slimer was THE most talked about ghost at school, long before any cartoons!!! How you managed to get 'insignificant' after all that is beyond me! Edited by Heppeng

Off to the Leeds Trinity store tomorrow as my daughter has a prize to collect for entering the draw they had in store on their first birthday weekend 2 weeks ago. Well, I may as well check out the Ghostbusters set while I'm there if it's in (fingers crossed)...

I have to get this set.

There are some parts of the prototype I like better than the official set though.