On a scale of 1 to 5   

166 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Just wow. You can see that Waller's design remained mostly intact, which is nice. Shame that the biggest change (IMO) is the cosmetic one of substituting metallic silver for the chrome parts.

A Caddy's got to have chrome!

I loves it! I was going to buy this set anyway, but this review has reinforced my need to acquire it as soon as possible! Great job both Whitefang and Brent! ^^

Fantastic review as usual :D

And this is a must have set for me :P

There was one thing i missed in the review though.....

:D

Great review! Thank you for sharing such a thorough coverage of such a fantastic set.

I don't like to use this word alot, but this quite literally a perfect set. I'm in for two if I can get them. The figures look solid, the build looks good, I have zero complaints. Hopefully Lego will see what a blockbuster set this is and will be.

Looks like a nice set, although I may have to wait a bit. With vacations coming and money already saved for Benny's Spaceship, the funds are lacking to get both when June arrives. The design and thought behind the car is amazing. Would have liked to have a Slimer, but I guess the Lord of the Rings Army of the Dead and the Necromancer from the Hobbit can be staged as the adversaries. The printed parts are appreciated, especially those with the logo.

Thanx for the great review! A very thoughtful movie product from fans, full of the CUUSOO spirits.

Offtopic, the new IDEAS label doesn't look very obvious to me. The previous color of CUUSOO worked better.

Love this set. Much better than the DeLorean. Credits to WhiteFang and WetWired! :classic:

Agreed... So much so that I will certainly get at least one of these, while I passed on the Delorean.

And while I don't always respond to WhiteFangs reviews, I wanted to say how much I appreciate them, they are always top notch, and always help to decide whether or not to get the sets.

I have previously purchased the Ghostbuster style backpacks from Brick Forge, and was expecting to use them here, but these are surprisingly good.

Fantastic review of an awesome set. Thanks a lot, WhiteFangs!

This is my favorite Cuuso/Ideas set. As others have pointed out, it is a perfect set. I have absolutely no complains about it and I can't wait to get it.

On the side: anyone got a pic of Ecto-1 anywhere near the Haunted House? =D

Thank you very much for your time to pin down your kind and supportive comments. It is very amazing to see so many people cheering for the Ecto-1. Be it for the minifigures or the actual vehicle, this set truly attract many of us out there. :wub:

Fantastic review of an awesome set. Thanks a lot, WhiteFangs!

This is my favorite Cuuso/Ideas set. As others have pointed out, it is a perfect set. I have absolutely no complains about it and I can't wait to get it.

On the side: anyone got a pic of Ecto-1 anywhere near the Haunted House? =D

I haven't got one of the official set (I've dismantled my haunted house) but here's one of the original LEGO ideas model

10097922076_fce30af526_c.jpgEcto-1 outside the haunted house by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Thanks WHiteFang for the review, it's really spot on with everything one should know. Last year I was thrilled by the DeLorean but the this set came and as much I love BTTF the Ecto-1 just beats it in every way, I don't wanna compare them but if I have to choose one that would be this. I really loved Ghostbusters as a kid (mostly the cartoon) and the Cadillac is the most beautiful Lego cars I've ever seen.

Thanks WhiteFang for a great review. Im curious how this and the DeLorian will look side by side, if they will feel the same scale or not.

Thanks for the review. Day One purchase material here. Fortunately, I'm getting this bad boy with VIP points so I can also get the Spaceship. The car is great ( might mod to fit more) and the minifigs are great too. Not a huge fan of the packs but I got the BrickForge ones, PKE meter, and Ecto Goggles so I'm good.

I think the official model is better minifigure scaled compared to the original. The original was too high above the ground and much too long. I noticed that only the driver's side has a side mirror. Is this the case in the movie as well?

I suspect this would be too wide to fit into the garage door of the Fire Brigade. Do they even make garage doors wide enough for it to fit. It's not even the right type of door anyway as the movie version has doors on hinges.

With the Delorean, my first instinct was to fix it by improving the hood and modifying it to allowing both characters to sit in the car. With ecto-1, I don't really see anything on the exterior I would change, but I would want to modify the front seat to fit two characters side by side. This is really a well designed model.

Edited by badbob001

agree with jantjeuh, the photo are a little overexposed, but thanks for the review! I will not buy this set, but it's a cool set.

Another Fangtastic review, and I join the voices and thank Wetwired for getting the support for this to be made, and all his other great works (seriously have you seen how big his Stay Puft is? -pure beast).

Definetely like others have said its a pretty much perfect set (except for the gaping hole that was the removal of HQ) I have my printed arm patches ready for four of these ASAP.

Can't wait to dismember Bill Murray, for oh so many reasons. :D let's call it - inner child therapy.

Edited by CustomJoe_MD