Sign in to follow this  
Disco86

[SoNE Freebuild] Foreign System

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The story about Markus Montari and Paul Brickstorm at SoNE continues. The story so far:

Join the Empire - Markus1984

Recruitment - Disco86

Swearing in - Markus1984

After their swearing our two recruits were garrisoned at a huge spaceship. They were leaving soon into a foreign system with unknown objectives. One day they finally arrived at the target coordinates.

14207379681_057420e4d7_c.jpg

14198722935_cf94fe0433_o.jpgGet up and suit up you incapable douchebags !

14024041920_d21bd2e2d1_c.jpg

14198722935_cf94fe0433_o.jpgEverything ready, recruits ?

14012135417_dd390e6b17_o.jpg14012135277_42fdd4a032_o.jpg Sir, Yes, Sir !

14198722935_cf94fe0433_o.jpgI am not a Sir, I am your Staff Sergant !

14012135417_dd390e6b17_o.jpg14012135277_42fdd4a032_o.jpg Yes, Staff Sergant !

14198722935_cf94fe0433_o.jpg You are going to participate in a very important mission soon. We need to test your blaster abilities again, after that you are invading this green hell down there. So get your fighting suits on and meet me at sector 32 !

14012135417_dd390e6b17_o.jpg14012135277_42fdd4a032_o.jpg Yes, Staff Sergant !

14024041820_665113721d_c.jpg

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngWhat a fascinating planet, do you have any clue which one this could be ?

14204752697_fb6fe26d0c_o.jpgThis one is full of trees and nature, so it could only be Yavin 4.

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngWow, I am really excited what adventures are awaiting us down there. I am sure these Yavavis are dangerous...

"I am not a Sir, I am your Staff Sergeant!"

Yep. That's accurate. I'm loving this whole series, although the stormtroopers should probably have shorter hair.

Great interior, love the little screens by their beds, that is awesome parts usage! The scene kind of reminds me of Starship Troopers, I always imagine those stormtroopers would live in tiny little spaces, but them seem to have better conditions:)

Absolut great work!

The interior is superb and the lightning is well done!

Love the new story :-)

markus

Absolutely love your and markus's story, it's funny and awesome, the builds are really clean and the planet in the background with the lighting is nicely executed. Although I don't think stormtroopers had these big comfy rooms on a ship.

I really wish to join the empire, but I only have one stormtrooper. :(

The whole series of you and Markus are doing, it's pretty cool!

Thanks for all your comments. I am glad you like this build and I hope there will be coming lots more SW-builds by me. At this moment I really love it !

Maybe some people think that some details are not totally realistic. In my opinion too strict regulations in Sci-Fi (the Fi stands for Fiction :wink: ) are just nonesense. I am building this for fun.

Keep doing so, star wars is more like space fantasy than science fiction, which does not mean that I am not a big fan of the second.

I really wish to join the empire, but I only have one stormtrooper. :(

Don't let that stop you! You can buy Stormtroopers on Bricklink for about $5.00 (U.S.), and most of us have been using only three or four stormtroopers at a time in our builds so far. Besides, there is also the option of building at non-minifig scales. Microscale scenes might be a good way to get started until you can get your hands on some stormies.

Again a well made build! There's plenty of details and the planet fits there nicely. I do think that the room is a bit too luxurious for ordinary troopers ...

Very nice in deed! I must say I also love the little screens by their beds! And very nice use of a the planet in the background!

Great build Disco! As others have said, there is too much space for those unimportant troops, but then you've used the extra space in the walls very good for those vitrinaged unifotms. The beds and their desks are very great too!

I really like the lit Stormtrooper armor by the beds. Great effect!

Thanks for your comments, glad you like this build. Think it turned out better than my first one. Now I get my hands on a last freebuild before our heroes are invading the foreign planet :)

I do think that the room is a bit too luxurious for ordinary troopers ...

Yep, you are right. But as said above I am not really into realism in a fictional world. Or wait, this is not ficitional, isn't it ?

Wait a minute: there is absolutely no problem with these troopers having such a luxorious room. It is their reward for being trooper of the week, being the admirable and productive builders there are. don't you think that deserves a bonus?

That aside, this is one very nice bonus for you... I love the oblique angles you've created. There are some in the windows (beautifully complemented by the round arches), and again those pilars supporting the wall are very good (iwth very nice uniform yet not boring details). It's great that you included windows all over the place, both sealing off the ship (although it's a bit distracting the hinges are visible) and classily accentuating the armor. And the lighting works very well with those pieces, and with the reflective floor. So with all that smoothness and details, there is nothing to say about the design.

But... it is a bit unpractical when you look at it as a room where people actually live. Those screens are in place, and those Imperial "posters" are a nice touch. You also included some drawers, but they don't come over very convincing to me. Now, the room looks like a big hall with some beds in it, instead of a used and lived-in room. I'm not saying you should make everything extra-messy (it's the Imperial army after all!), but you can show people live here. Maybe some clothes under the bed. Or some kind of hyper-galactic soccer table towards the left. And those suits could be a little more accesible. You could have one on display as some kind of role model for all the recruits, but those uniforms that are used could be just suspended from a rack or something.

the planet in the background is very nice, but a little bit of photo-editing would make it look more realistic. Making the colors some more vague and blurring the planet a bit would be better... I think, because I'm not an expert in photography (as a digital builder, I never even took a single shot of a MOC...). So anyhow, I'm - as usual - in awe, for your abilities all around!

Thanks for these builds. They are great to look at, and there's some lovely touches in them like the view of the planet, the characters in the bar and seeing who gets recruited into the army. That scene reminded me a bit of when Asterix and Obelix join the Roman Legions.

I agree with you about fiction and not taking things too seriously. After all these are elite troops who can defeat the rebels at Hoth but get knocked down like ninepins by a handful of heroes and beaten by teddy bears in a wood.

Thanks for all your comments, I am glad you like our story. Your positive feedback mitvates me to build even more SW-Story-MOCs :classic:

I agree with you about fiction and not taking things too seriously. After all these are elite troops who can defeat the rebels at Hoth but get knocked down like ninepins by a handful of heroes and beaten by teddy bears in a wood.

Completly right, especially that teddy bears :laugh:

Now, the room looks like a big hall with some beds in it, instead of a used and lived-in room. I'm not saying you should make everything extra-messy (it's the Imperial army after all!), but you can show people live here. Maybe some clothes under the bed. Or some kind of hyper-galactic soccer table towards the left.

A good point. But if you know my overall building style, I love to build clean and wide. An so I stay with it :tongue: Even if especially a soccer table is an awesome idea !