Sign in to follow this  
dverburg

Review: 76022 - X-Men vs. The Sentinel

Thanks for the review. Much needed. I was a definite pass on the set and just wanted the minifigures. Now I think I want the set too! Granted I won't pay that price for it, so I'll wait for a sale. If a sale never comes, then I guess I'll pick up the figures in the aftermarket if I can get them for less than the price of the set.

I love having Storm's normal sided face. Finally some more variety in skin color. Also, I love Logan's second face. Those goggles may work for SteamPunk MOCs I presume??

I almost think Magneto's hair should be the Count Dooku hairpiece from the new set. It matches that comic cover pretty well. Although, I'm thankful for having more variety in white/gray hair colors anyway.

My pleasure.

That hair piece would have worked well, I agree. It's actually a better choice, but this one is a close second and it looks pretty close to how he looked in New Mutants around the time. I'm just happy that we got a white hairpiece in the first place!

Considering the designs/outfits of these x-men, is it a probabilty that a follow-up x-men set (to complete the supergroup) will also be in this style? I do hope so!!

Please give us phoenix, sprite, colossus, nightcrawler and xavier please!

This is a really good review, and thanks so much for doing it. The jet seems pretty fine for as little as it is, but again, the minifigs are the main attraction here. I like the retro costume designs anyway, and these will be a wonderful addition to my collection.

As requested, here are some more photos.

Here are some more angles on the Blackbird:

14202838056_ff18452e15_h.jpg

Here's a pic of the bottom and what it looks like with some improvised landing gear:

14246135463_8b18fb4353_b.jpg

Here's Storm from the side and the back:

14225742954_0cc5be1586_b.jpg

Here are some Wolverine comparisons and a pic of the older Wolverine with the new mask:

14039347250_37751f5275_o.jpg

Here are some Magneto comparisons.

14039380287_4ea90dc0d5_o.jpg

Did I miss anything?

:wub: 2012 Wolverine with the mask looks PERFECT! Thanks for the pics and the Blackbird looks a lot better with landing gear as well!

Considering the designs/outfits of these x-men, is it a probabilty that a follow-up x-men set (to complete the supergroup) will also be in this style? I do hope so!!

Please give us phoenix, sprite, colossus, nightcrawler and xavier please!

Hope so! I'd love a Thunderbird and a Banshee as well.

This is a really good review, and thanks so much for doing it. The jet seems pretty fine for as little as it is, but again, the minifigs are the main attraction here. I like the retro costume designs anyway, and these will be a wonderful addition to my collection.

Agreed. It is small but it's a well designed Blackbird and a fun sentinel with great minifigs. I'm pretty happy.

Man, that landing gear seems like an odd omission to me. Good call including your own.

Man, that landing gear seems like an odd omission to me. Good call including your own.

Thanks. I'm sure someone else will come up with something way better, but that's what I found and used.

thunderbird and Sprite are very obscure.

I'd like:

Emma Frost

Beast

Nightcrawler

Prof. X

Banshee

Kitty Pryde

Phoenix (I have a nice custom, but I need An official one)

Collosus

Mystique

Stepford Cuckoos

And many many more.

The X Men are undoubtably the best superhero team ever.

I love this set and can't wait till I see it in the Uk!

Edited by Themadpatter

I'd like:

Kitty Pryde

Sprite is Kitty Pryde ;-p

It doesn't, which is kind of a drawback. The underside has nothing on it so it doesn't look ugly. No weird technic pieces or overlapping plates or odd colors-- but no landing gear either. It'd be super easy to just put 3 wheels on it though. I might steal them from the recent Batcopter and take a pic for you.

Thank you! It does look much better with wheels.

Edited by The Jersey Brick Guy

I'd love to see everyone you listed, but Sprite IS Kitty Pryde (though I guess there's a modern character who took the name). Thunderbird is kind of obscure but I don't think the Giant Size X-Men team is complete without him, not that we will ever see him! Sunfire is essential too.

I'd love Bishop, Cable, Gambit, Domino, Warpath, Sunfire, Rogue and Jubilee.

The X-Men are probably my favorite superhero team as well.

Thank you!

My pleasure.

Edited by dverburg

I totally forgot that Kitty was once called Sprite!

I thought that They ment the newer one.

I'm so stupid.

Nah, you're not stupid. You're just up on your X-Men comics! That's a good thing.

Nah, you're not stupid. You're just up on your X-Men comics! That's a good thing.

Haha thanks!

Does anyone think that the Stepford Cuckoos will ever be made? They've been a big part of the comics in the last few years, and I love them so much, but I'm just unsure if they'd ever be made.

Yeah, dagnabbit, thank you for this review. I'm constantly lurking around this site for reviews of the new sets but I seem to rarely see them anymore on here. I'm not sure why. I'd much rather see a well-photographed and written review than watch someone blather on in a video. Let's take back our reviews in this forum. Please.

Yeah, dagnabbit, thank you for this review. I'm constantly lurking around this site for reviews of the new sets but I seem to rarely see them anymore on here. I'm not sure why. I'd much rather see a well-photographed and written review than watch someone blather on in a video. Let's take back our reviews in this forum. Please.

I wouldn't say mine is well written or photographed, but I enjoy text/photo reviews more than videos as well. Mostly because I can consume them at my own speed and not wait for someone to try to remember a word for 30 seconds or whatever. Which happens to everyone, it just doesn't make for a compelling use of my time.

Phoenix (I have a nice custom, but I need An official one)

There was an official one, but it's probably hard for you to get:

lego-comic-con-sdcc-2012-phoenix-jean-grey-exclusive-minifigure.jpg

Or did you mean Rachel Summers?

I know about the official one

It's the reason I cry myself to sleep.

I meant, an easy to get one.

And personally, I despise Rachel Summers

Great Review Dude

I am not much of a Superheroes buyer, but this might be a purchase... The sentinel is alright, but I love the Byrne era costumes. Will probably wait for a sale, though, at that price.

I think the reason that there is no landing wheels is because they drew inspiration from the days of future past movie design blackbird especially looking at the back engine and the way the wings point forward as no other blackbird has wings like that. Anyway that's in the future so it doesn't have wheels to land if memory serves in the film it lands without using any like a shuttle in Star Wars. I mean look at the resemblance to the Lego one: http://turntherightcorner.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/x-men-days-of-future-past-movie-screenshot-blackbird.jpg?w=1024 plus the colour dark blue as the other models in the comics and other films are black or very dark grey. I mean it may have landing supports but no wheels as far as I remember.