Sign in to follow this  
emilstorm

MOC: childhood creations: ambulance, police and shell

Here are some of the few childhood MOCs i have saved.

A couple of police carslego%202%20x%20police.jpg

I remember making the one on the left after I saw Robocop 2 and wanted to make his cruiser. I think I nailed it pretty good... If you imagine Robocop driving a Honda Civic :classic:

Here is an ambulance and a small delivery van.

lego%20van%20and%20ambulance.jpg

The ambulance is still one of my favorite creations of all time. It is supposed to be a VW Caravelle, and it has had minor changes done since the first version, but nothing major. The color design is the same as the original one i made, I am very proud of ca. 12 years old me :classic:

Last is a Shell road assistance truck.

lego%20shell%20road%20assistance.jpg

I stole the design for the tow thingy from my older brother :classic:

Thank you Lightningtiger, where have you been the last few days :tongue:

These little cars are some of my most precious treasures, almost anything else I take apart and make new things, but these were where it all started :classic:

Wow the ambulance is great!, its nice you keep thoose cars from your childhood :)

Nice vehicles :)

The ambulance is well done indeed.

I find the car on its left interesting, for the use of the hood part. I also had (still have) that plain-white windshield part, but I do not think I ever thought about using it as a hood rather than using it as a van roof (like in the set from which I got it) or as the rear windshield of a commercial vehicle.

From the less-yellowed sticker mark on it, I bet you got it from the same set as I did ;)

About childhood MOCs, that reminds me a childhood police car I often made to use the inverted windshield : I was making a French police version (black & white) of the Citroën Ami 6 (despite it wasn't used by the police in real life, AFAIK).

I remade it after my dark age, it is visible there : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2950461 (in front of the yellow building).

Edited by antp

Thanks for the comments :classic:

@antp, that is a very nice use of that windshield! I love looking at these old childhhod creations, it is funny to see what we came up with back then :classic: I like to look back and remember, sometimes even be inspired by things i made and forgot about, I wish i had more pictures from that time. It makes me want to make new versions of my old stuff, update the designs for 2 seaters :classic:

I also whish I had more photos from my MOCs back then. As there weren't digital cameras then, I only have a few photos.

Indeed make new versions of the old stuff is fun. I made a much bigger and improved version of one of mine (a high building tower), but it is on my MOCpage accound, and the site seems down right now :/

I have trouble getting on Mocpages too today, but will definedly check it out later.

I think I will give it a try with the design updates. I have plans to make an udpated 6wide version of set 6661, the mobile tv studio, with my Toyota Hiace design. It is fun to mix old ideas with new parts and techniques :)