Looking good! I love the bodywork. Could you put the whole body in black with red highlights and interior? Also, you could expand the bull bar to protect the lights with simple axles.

No need to raise the bodywork- but an 8297 setup on the suspension would be cool.

http://www.bricktrucktrial.com/spip.php?article107 portal axles here.

You should make both a motorized and non, but capable of, motorization model. (Since some people already have the motors, IR Receivers, etc. Also, could you use portal axles?

A tidy little model making good use of your suspension set up. Can I ask, in the first model the wheels used are from the skip loader?

H

Hi piterx,

yes, indeed you created a very nice little MOC!!! What's the scale of the model? My guess is around 1/10 - 1/15...

Pat

yeah i think i could make really lot of attachments to it!

unfortunately portal axles can't be added easily,..it would involve some major changings

at the moment im trying to convert it into a red and white rock crawler with motorized winch :P let's see if i can do it!

A tidy little model making good use of your suspension set up. Can I ask, in the first model the wheels used are from the skip loader?

H

yeah those are the new wheels!

i actually don't know what scale it is...but compared to the blueprint is proportioned ahah

no man, no gearbox...i could actually add a gearbox if i remove seats but then it would look ugly :P

Looks realy nice! I think it's a good choice to sell it ready to motorize and I would realy like to buy it when it's available. do you have any estimations of how much it would cost?

i don't think it would cost more than 30-40 euros without motors, considering the shop is buying pieces and have to gain something on sells while lego can produce pieces lol

I would love to build this....like, right now. What a great little model.

I need something tiny to screw around with on my desk. This would be perfect!

Great work as always!

Ill buy instructions and/or full moc :) Would buy it with PF but that will get really expensive because of the silly import tax we have. Like all the different mods you make for it. Could be an extra kit for people to buy? One with PF and one/more with different customizations?

Im not sure yet...i'd like to give instructions for atachments as well, but i'd really love to see what you guys come up with!

nothing could make me more proud than seeing you guys having fun with a model i've built :P

I would love to see this set in a variation ready for motorization, and a variation with full RC. It might also be cool for kids if you make a couple of add on packs, like styling addon, RC addon, offroad addon etc. And it might help sell the model as well as bring a little extra income to your sponsor.

Thanks for the great inspiration, and thanks to blackbird for reminding me of how important it's to give feedback in a comunity like ours.

Hope to see the model in a store soon!

-ED-

Hey piterx, I love this so much. It looks like a more professional version of your panda. I have one question: Could you show a few pictures of how to steering works? Or does it use the same as the panda?

I think there are some renders and more detailed pics of his Panda and it has a very similar chassis. As far as bodywork there is nothing as far a I know, but the pics should be enough to get into the ballpark.

Welcome to Eurobricks by the way.

v/r

Andy

Thank you, i find it also a great moc, I would build himself. Can you make PDF OR ZIP instructions?

I am from holland, sorry for the little bit english

Thank you, i find it also a great moc, I would build himself. Can you make PDF OR ZIP instructions?

I am from holland, sorry for the little bit english

That would be quite hard, also instructions often do take longer to make than the model itself.. and as it's such a small model I am Sure you can build it from the photos :classic:

hey guys :) the instructions are ready but you'll have to buy them from the shop that i made that model for....

i think anyway instructions will be cheap!

once they put everything on their site i'll tell you :)

Hey Piterx,

I saw how long ago this post was last commented on but figured it was worth the (long) shot asking if there had been developments with instruction availability. Is there any way of getting hold of some? This is one hell of a moc, both aesthetically and by the look of the above photos, functionally too. You've done a brilliant job and should be proud. I look forward to your response.

Edit: P.S. I checked the store you mentioned (both mangiobricks.it AND the BL store under that name and they have nothing that I could find). Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Edited by sacm93

Hey :)

Well, instructions are ready, I sent em to the shop, they paid me (in legos) but somehow it seems they never released em :\

I haven't heard em in ages...I really don't know what to do ...

but you know....if you check on this thread here, it doesnt change THAT much from the vitara, actually it is even a better chassis http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101005

This is perplexing to say the least! There's seriously NO reason either model or instructions wouldnt sell. Perhaps sending them a message may start the ball rolling again.

Thanks for the link and quick response! As far as I can tell I have a reasonably suitable chassis design for a similar moc (compact 4x4 of the same scale), but am really intrigued by how you managed to stuff such compact axles under it. I am new to building live axles but have a really pollished idea that I want to do justice. This 4x4 of yours looked like the best thing to learn and adapt from.

this is the front axle....you'll need to gear the steering system down to 1:2 if you connect it to a servo ;)

i think the problem is that Italy mostly consumes minifigs... technic don't sell that much, so they didnt even put it on their site.... who cares btw, italians deserve minifigures xD

Edited by piterx

Nice 4x4!It looks great and as you said,tidy and clean.I think that it has all the functions a small scale car must have as the wonderful suspension,opening doors and hood.I stronly believe that many of us will buy one :thumbup:

what the hell happened to the pic i posted o.o?

who's that? ahuahua WTF

this is what i posted

mb4xu8.jpg