Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

MOC: Chima Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid

Hello there!

First off, I'd like to point out that this MOC is kind of non-canonical to the Chima universe, it is just a place and event that was invented by me for this MOC, it just so happens to be Chima-themed :wink: . And apologies in advance for the photography, I've never had to photograph an MOC this big before.

Okay, now for the MOC and short backstory:

When the Scorpions drank the Chi and became anthropogenic, they took over some Outlands Palace Ruins deep in a poisoned and desolate wasteland, devoid of the vegetation that usually dominated the Outlands. Mysterious and full of magical power, it has become the Chi store and ideal place to hold captured Legend Beasts for the Outlands tribes. Chima legend tells that the ruins are guarded by a ferocious Scorpion Legend Beast, and that the moats and lakes surrounding the ruins are rivers of pure venom. Nonetheless, the leaders of each non-Outlands Chima tribe, along with Lavertus, Rinona and the liberated Lion Legend Beast set out to the Palace Ruins to rescue the Crocodile Legend Beast and recover the stolen Chi... but little did they know that Scorm and his allies were already waiting for them. And so began the Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid...

14197211941_84b32581b4_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 1 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14013858050_ed6286c9d3_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 2 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14197211481_afb20a7881_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 3 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14220628993_6d2100a256_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 4 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

The legendary Scorpion Legend Beast lies atop the Ruins, observing the battle and waiting for a Scorpion to instruct it:

14200482015_e40cd1f83f_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 5 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Here's a top view. I admit I did run out of olive cheese slopes :blush:

14200481695_d27e6c0997_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 6 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

A scorpion head motif adorns the top of this man-made (or rather anthropogenic animal-made) waterfall:

14013891567_858703cbed_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 7 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14197975682_f475b10ce5_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 8 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Sorry this one's a bit blurry, but it shows the inside of the palace ruins with the Chi store and the captured Legend Beast.

14220627903_9f9a2f57be_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 9 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Here's some more atmospheric shots with a change of lighting:

Razar is firing his Chi beam here, but Scorm is firing his venom blaster back, turning the Chi beam into a fire beam:

14013816949_e11e3cf6fd_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 10 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

There's no denying that you wouldn't want to get punched by a gorilla wearing metal fists :wink:

14220627363_420a048c06_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 11 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Scorm firing his venom blaster outside the entrance:

14013826588_8e046a64e4_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 12 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

This is what you see right above your head as you walk through the entrance. A jaw trap resembling a scorpion's or spider's mandibles. Looks like someone's already succumbed to it:

14197209061_9dd5f7e660_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 13 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14200396984_6a2c089b0f_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 14 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

And finally, Cragger engages Spinlyn at the entrance to her cavern (I admit I did attach a Spinlyn's Cavern to this MOC, and sorry, this one's a little blurry as well):

14013854230_96d828a888_c.jpg

LEGO Chima - Scorpion Palace Ruins Raid 15 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

If you would like to browse all the pictures at full resolution on Flickr (including a couple of pictures of the detached Scorpion Legend Beast), here's the link: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjXxCTwW

Well, that's it for now. I would love some comments and constructive feedback on my largest MOC to date :sweet:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

*oh2* There is some real action going on! Really like the scene with all the fighting figs, and the build remidns a bit of the catacombs from a Diablo game :grin: