MassEditor

WoN Phase II: Battle at Hell's Gate

Greetings! Here is my second build for the Warlords of Nocturnus challenge, which had to be built on more than a 32x32 baseplate.

This scene captures one of many victories during the Black Spire's campaign to extinguish the Nocturnian rebels and consolidate power over the entire dark lands.

Anfauglir was tasked with leading his forces into the Rakarth mountains and rooting out any factions unwilling to pledge their allegiance to Lord Raavage. He and his forces subdued one tribe after another until finally discovering a powerful and numerous group of orcs, goblins and trolls fortified in the deepest reaches of the Rakarths. For days Anfauglir and his undead knights fought with the ceaseless horde until finally driving it, and its leaders, to the very heart of the mountains. There the orcs were finally defeated in one last push by Anfauglir's men, where they were driven into the fiery depths of Nocturnus itself.

This victory, known forever as the Battle at Hell's Gate, solidified the respect of Lord Anfauglir among his troops and servants.

14013408700_b1888c9743_c.jpg

14013365188_9c01804175_c.jpg

14196749341_1e51f1f0f0_c.jpg

14220173503_10a8e00065_c.jpg

Anfauglir allows the orc leader to see the error of his ways:

14013440137_67dca1a410_c.jpg

14013372209_edabaea7ef_c.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy!

Wow, very nice! The rock work is awesome, I love the mix of snot, studs up, and angled rocks. And very impressive battle and minifig posing!

Great build! That rockwork is superhuman, and the posing of those orcs is similarly spectacular! I like the wooden fortification too, but its thinness is very conspicuous in the photographs

What an impressive creation!

The rockwork looks great and the minifig posing looks quite "realistic", somehow this whole scene reminds me a bit of 300.

Excellent moc, the rock formation is great!

The lava river is top and the posing of the figs is 10/10.

Your sigfig is also fantastic.

As everyone else has said (but it's too awesome for me not to say too) your minifig posing and rock work are some of the best I've ever seen!

Wow, such impressive and dramatic rockwork! I think that sells the scene even more than the excellent battle scene on top of it. I love that huge sweep of the rock bridge up to the final pillar... makes it look as if the very land itself is hurling the orcs to their doom. (sorcery perhaps?) Fantastic stuff! :thumbup:

Lovely angle on the rockwork and fantastic minifig posing!! Awesome work...

Nicely done. I really like the figure posing too. Them falling is classic. The rockwork looks great too.

My only question is, how did the orcs all get together in a group like that at the edge of a cliff? Where did they come from to get to that point of being cornered?

This is a phenomenal MOC! The rockwork and minifig posing are both top notch. :thumbup:

Love the minifig posing. Clearly inspired by that scene from 300, but you pulled it off very well here!

With every one of your threads, you make my mind a tad more scared to hear the name of Anfauglir :sick:

Awesome work :thumbup:

Wow. Such a great idea for a build, beyond amazing posing, and wonderful amounts of detail! Absolutely stunning! :wub:

Absolutely stunning! The curved rock work is amazing! Your fig posing creates such a tense and terrifying feeling just looking at it. I love it , can't wait to see more.