Here is my second field piece for the Battle of Wither Woods, the Dwarven Arrow Swarmer:

14007620118_6ae09a736c_z.jpg

Created by Mitgardian dwarves out of solid rock, this field piece can be very useful weapon against the enemy. Due to the various gears and mechanisms inside the Arrow Swarmer, all that is needed to fire it is to pull the lever (the dark gray piece).

The pics showing how to build it are on my photostream (the bottom, and taken apart one and two).

@Ska, I found that when attaching the wheels, the halfpins need to be attached first to the wheel, and then inserted into the other part.

Game info:

1. The Dwarven Arrow Swarmer is an extremely strong weapon and cannot be destroyed except by exceptionally powerful blows.

2. For each volley there is a 3% possibility of the gears inside being messed up, in which case the weapon would be rendered useless.

3. The Swarmer is slower than the Repeating Catapult but only needs one soldier to operate.

4. The range is 100 to 120 studs, and it shoots four arrows per volley.

5. As it is made of rock, it is extremely heavy and needs at least 2 horses to be moved.

6. The Swarmer is a rather rare weapon, so there will probably be less than ten total on the battle field (either side, but again, most for Dugal).

C&C are welcome :classic:

Neat little cannon! I like the influx of small, but still high quality builds this challenge has created, we don't see enough of those! Photography is suberb, by the way. :wink:

Thanks all!

These would be cool to have on the walls of a dwarven fortress! :thumbup:

Thanks, I might have to do that now :classic:

Neat little cannon! I like the influx of small, but still high quality builds this challenge has created, we don't see enough of those! Photography is suberb, by the way. :wink:

Thanks Kai :classic:

Very cool siege engine, the four arrow tubes look quite intimidating :thumbup:

Thanks, SK, it does look a very dangerous :laugh:

Nice design, this is one of my favorites so far for the challenge- I might build one of these if I have the pieces

Edited by Scaevola

That's a really cool idea, looks great! I love how it's made out of "stone", which is perfectly fitting for a dwarven war machine.

Great job on making it clean and compact!

Thanks HammerBro!

Very mean looking field piece! What a cool design, great job Garmadon!

Thanks MassEditor :classic:

Nice design, this is one of my favorites so far for the challenge- I might build one of these if I have the pieces

Thanks, it really is not very hard to build (if you have a lot of Emmets :laugh: )

That's a really cool idea, looks great! I love how it's made out of "stone", which is perfectly fitting for a dwarven war machine.

Thanks, I thought it would be a good idea to make it stone because metal would most likely be too modern for a GoH field piece :classic:

This one is going to be harder for us to build, but it is very cool. We will see if one pops up on the battlefield.

It looks so rigid? (Strong if I am not mistaken)

Well done on this weapon Garmadon..!