Sign in to follow this  
Aredhel

Picture Review: 1017 - The Black Pearl

Hello all!

As I promised ages ago, I want to do a picture review of the Megabloks Black Pearl.

First of all, like always, an overall view:

overview03.jpg

overview01.jpg_thumb.jpg overview07.jpg_thumb.jpg

The figurehead of the ship is nice IMO, though it is a rubber-similar material:

figurehead02.jpg

The figures of the set are ok, if you compare them to the characters of the movie.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Aredhel5...ures/figs02.jpg

At the back of the ship is some figure, too (made in this rubber stuff, too:

details02.jpg

The sails of the ship are normal cloth:

parts05.jpg

For other details, please watch my gallery when moderated.

Please move into Set Reviews - Standard & Pictorial; I cannot start a thread in that forum.

Hope you like this little review, though it is a Megabloks set.

-Aredhel

Thanks for that interesting review. *y*

Well, I don

AAAAAAAAARG!!! The dreaded Megablocks!

Even though it looks too organic for a construction toy are there many pieces that can be salvaged for LEGO MOCing?

Even though it looks too organic for a construction toy are there many pieces that can be salvaged for LEGO MOCing?

IMO there are few details which are cute. E.g. the skulls are very good IMO, but like you said, organic. I don't know if I would use it together with Lego (was that what you meant :-$ ).

What I like, too are the lamps at the back of the ship or the little oil lamp.

-Aredhel

IMO there are few details which are cute. E.g. the skulls are very good IMO, but like you said, organic. I don't know if I would use it together with Lego (was that what you meant :-$ ).

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! :) Maybe one day when you're playing round with ideas for a new MOC you could take some of these Megablock pieces and do little experiments to see how well the pieces worth with LEGO.

Guest Mr. Cameron

whats the piece count on this it doesn't look that much

It burns usssss. Nasssty Mega Bloks.

Sails: crap

Figures: American Football Linebackers wearing costumes, crap

Figurehead, lantern, sterncastle decoraton: actually nice looking but totally out of place stylistically

Masts, spars: smooth grey?!?!, crap

Overall: Why spend money on Mega-Crap? Fer gosh-sakes the new Duplo Pirate ships look better.

Thanks for sharing but if we wanted MB reviews we could go to a MB website. :-X

This doesn't look like something made out of bricks, even though it is (well, sort of anyway). To me it rather looks like some kind of action toy or what do you call it. So it's definitely not my interest.

Well that's just craptastic!!!! *sweet*

Thank you, Ms. Aredhel, for sharing with us your full account of this authentically crap set to ensure our maximum bashing pleasure! Now I will be sure not to buy it......

I don't believe there are any MB websites...

http://megabloks.com/

;-)

Unofficial sites with forums would be my guess for his specifics.

The set, I don't likey MB. So, I'm not too excited.

I like your review Aredhel, even when it is a MB ship.

It gives me some idea's that I can use in my Lego ships.

The idea of an angel for figurehead is very good. I'm wondering if it would be possible to make something similar with Lego. Maybe by adding some wings to the back of a minifig. I should check if there exist any small white Lego wings...

Miss Aredhel did you buy this ship yourself, or was it another gift from you know who? X-D

:skel1:

Oh, and I hope to be able to add a Flying Dutchman and the Oriental ship from the third movie to her collection if they are on sale aroung the christmas time! :-P

And for mixing those Mega Bloks parts with LEGO bricks I think there is a huge potential of using the accessories (guns, swords, animals, plants,...) and I also would like to see the result of using only the lower hull parts of the Pearl (the four larger parts at the top of this picture) with the rest of the ship completely build with LEGO parts.

I have no idea what the result would look like, but even if it's bad it would be worth the experiment.

You two better get experimenting then - you can't keep buying her Megabloks without mixing them with LEGO otherwise the results could be disasterous!

You two better get experimenting then - you can't keep buying her Megabloks without mixing them with LEGO otherwise the results could be disasterous!

If you wanna help her staying a LEGO fan instead of becoming a Contruction Toy Fan just send some packages with LEGO Pirates sets to her from time to time! ;-)