14189010044_11bb9a6a7e_z.jpg

Kashifa bint Mu'adh is a treasure-hunter from Kaliphlin. She was kidnapped as an infant and sold into slavery, and was raised by a merchant from Sultan's Gate before escaping at the age of 13. Today, she earns a good living exploring both in ancient archives and throughout the wild lands, finding long-lost treasure hoards from the centuries before the great wars. Although her red hair obviously doesn't flow from Kaliphlin blood, her true ancestry is lost in a mist no explorer could pierce.

14002410070_01611519a1.jpg

In a long-forgotten tomb on Gorr, a vast treasure was once concealed. After careful research and searching, it has at last been rediscovered.

14002442377_710532fc14.jpg

Above, a hired worker waits for good news- of treasure, or of a return to civilization. It hardly matters to him anymore, after a week in the jungles.

14165906966_61c420f3ed.jpg

The entrance into the tomb.

The title of this thread is actually the wrong character name- I just found out that "ibn" means "son of", and "bint" is the Arabic word for "daughter of." Whoops :grin:

Thanks for reading, and constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated. :classic: Have a nice day!

EDIT: University of Petraea credits:

+1 Dense foliage landscaping

+1 Lighting

+1 Interior Design

+1 Life in Kaliphlin

Edited by Thomas of Tortuga

Great intro, and welcome to Kaliphlin! That first shot in particular is really cool!

Welcome to Kaliphlin! Very nice intro build, and excellent lighting and photography! I really like that "Indiana Jones look" of those interior shots :classic:

Yes very nice introduction build (and story) and excellent photo! Love the mix of the green lush top and the sandstone desert chamber, Nice bricked!

As I stated in the Kaliphlin thread, the first pic is just great! But I also like the second one where you can see the hole in the ceiling and the light filtering in. Nice story too! The jungle looks pretty good too but perhaps if the green plate had a green border done either with snot technique or just placing green bricks under the plate on the edges, I think it would make the jungle look thicker.

Great intro, and welcome to Kaliphlin! That first shot in particular is really cool!

Welcome to Kaliphlin! Very nice intro build, and excellent lighting and photography! I really like that "Indiana Jones look" of those interior shots :classic:

Thank you! That's precisely the look I was going for :classic:

Yes very nice introduction build (and story) and excellent photo! Love the mix of the green lush top and the sandstone desert chamber, Nice bricked!

Thank you!

As I stated in the Kaliphlin thread, the first pic is just great! But I also like the second one where you can see the hole in the ceiling and the light filtering in. Nice story too! The jungle looks pretty good too but perhaps if the green plate had a green border done either with snot technique or just placing green bricks under the plate on the edges, I think it would make the jungle look thicker.

Thanks! I thought about adding a layer border to transition into the sandstone, but it looked too clashing to me. A green border is definitely a good suggestion.

Welcome to the Guilds of Historica. Your build looks already very good, I especially like the angled leaves on the tree and the colorful foilage. Great job and brick on :wink:.

I'll give you a +1 for all the credits. I hemmed and hawed a bit about the interior design, but between the arches and the pharaoh's quest walls (plus those brown poles sticking out, which really add to it), I'll give it to you!

This is great, but I agree. A border would make the top section seem more completed.

Welcome to the Guilds of Historica. Your build looks already very good, I especially like the angled leaves on the tree and the colorful foilage. Great job and brick on :wink:.

That second pic is amazing! Welcome to the Guilds!

Thank you, everyone!

I'll give you a +1 for all the credits. I hemmed and hawed a bit about the interior design, but between the arches and the pharaoh's quest walls (plus those brown poles sticking out, which really add to it), I'll give it to you!

Thanks! I'm glad those details came out well :classic:

Excellent characater intro, and also nice build.

Welcome. :thumbup:

Welcome to Guilds of Historica!

This is a very nice character intro, the second picture is my favorite one, it looks like a scene out of a movie.

Now this is a really great introduction! I love the light on the photos! Glad to have you here!!

Welcome to Kaliphlin Kashifa! Very nice job with this moc as well. You used the Pharaoh's Quest stickers to great effect in the interior, and the brimming heap of treasure is a nice touch. If I were to nitpick though, I'd say some more leaves would enhance the tree, and I would have applied less differentiation in the flower colors (it makes it look too cultivated, and I know you were aiming for a long-forgotten ruin look). Superb entry moc overall though (I'm impressed you put so much detail into it as people just take a quick photo of the fig), and +1 UoP DoH for all claims.

A border would help, but it is a great first build!

Come to Carn if you need to store treasure in a secret vault... I've said to much.

UoP DoH +1 for all credits.

Excellent characater intro, and also nice build.

Welcome. :thumbup:

Thank you!

Welcome to Guilds of Historica!

This is a very nice character intro, the second picture is my favorite one, it looks like a scene out of a movie.

Now this is a really great introduction! I love the light on the photos! Glad to have you here!!

Nice scene and I agree with Gideon about the indiana jones feel. Good work!

Thanks! I'm glad it looks so "cinematic"!

Welcome to Kaliphlin Kashifa! Very nice job with this moc as well. You used the Pharaoh's Quest stickers to great effect in the interior, and the brimming heap of treasure is a nice touch. If I were to nitpick though, I'd say some more leaves would enhance the tree, and I would have applied less differentiation in the flower colors (it makes it look too cultivated, and I know you were aiming for a long-forgotten ruin look). Superb entry moc overall though (I'm impressed you put so much detail into it as people just take a quick photo of the fig), and +1 UoP DoH for all claims.

Thank you! Unfortunately, I'm flat out of light green leaves, and the dark green looked too gloomy to me. Pretend there's more tree further up :tongue: Now that I look at it again, I see what you mean about the grouped flowers, but I was modeling the landscaping after Mark of Falworth's latest, The Temple of the Twin Jaguars.

A border would help, but it is a great first build!

Come to Carn if you need to store treasure in a secret vault... I've said to much. ������

I'll give you a call :wink: Thank you!

Love the treasure room! Great job all around!

Thanks!

Nicely done! I really like the last shot, it's the most narrow and at the same time shows the most of the entire MOC, plus it captures the air of mystery and discovery of treasure hunting.

+1 for DoH credits

Nicely done! I really like the last shot, it's the most narrow and at the same time shows the most of the entire MOC, plus it captures the air of mystery and discovery of treasure hunting.

+1 for DoH credits

Thanks, Qiadris!

Wonderful background, fig and MOC! Really fits well with the style. I'm really tempted into trying the secret entrance thing in one of my next builds. Awesome idea! :thumbup:

Really nice intro Thomas, it's great to have you in Kaliphlin! :classic: The lighting in your sigfig shot is excellently done, and my fav part of this vig. The only thing that really jars for me is the break between the green plate and the tan underground layer - another approach to cover that might be to use hinges with plates attached to them to "waterfall" the foliage in a ragged edge, just to break up that sharp demarcation.

Wonderful background, fig and MOC! Really fits well with the style. I'm really tempted into trying the secret entrance thing in one of my next builds. Awesome idea! :thumbup:

Thank you! It really is a fun technique, both to control the lighting and to add some depth.

Really nice intro Thomas, it's great to have you in Kaliphlin! :classic: The lighting in your sigfig shot is excellently done, and my fav part of this vig. The only thing that really jars for me is the break between the green plate and the tan underground layer - another approach to cover that might be to use hinges with plates attached to them to "waterfall" the foliage in a ragged edge, just to break up that sharp demarcation.

Thank you, Gabe! You're right, that would be a better idea than a border. I've seen what you're talking about several times, and it looks quite good.