Hello folks,

I'm a "fresh" member and I hope this is the right place to present my last MOC. It's a custom version of the VW T1: a "road service" canvas pick-up.

In 2011 I bought the set # 10220, I think it’s a well detailed and shaped set. Furthermore I like vintage vehicles and especially the Bulli (even called Samba or Kombi).

I haven't bought original LEGO sets for many years and It has been a pleasure to have a new LEGO box in my hands.

Personally I prefer “working vehicles” and I wasn’t satisfied with the camper version. I waited to build it until I had the idea to build a canvas pick-up for “road service”. So last winter I built my own version of the T1 and last week I took some pictures. Maybe someone of you has already seen it on my flickr stream or Mocpages (and on The Lego Car Blog).

14055182684_643234d341_z.jpg

14051521062_6da0611bf8_z.jpg

My T1 has two side doors below the load compartment; two shovels for road emergencies are mounted on the doors. Two spare wheels, a fuel tank and a wooden box with various tools are positioned on the rack. The plate is an italian one and the numbers are the original ones of a real T1 (I like the old Italian plate style). Two HELLA supplemental lights are fitted on the front bumper. A sticker with the VW Bobble Head mascot is positioned on the canvas, I love it!

14051518912_dfbf2803f4_z.jpg

Without the canvas, the T1 is a funny pick-up to carry "oversize" load. The floor is made of "wooden" plates.

For more pictures, details and informations:

flickr

MOCpages

Edited by Norton74

Veeeery nice MOC you got there. It caught my attention as soon as i opened this topic. Great details also !

Really lovely Model Team creation! Love the curves and colours.

And yes, this is the right place to post Model Team MOCs.

Edited by jantjeuh

Many thanks to all of you!

If you like my T1, please "stay tuned", next week I'm going to present something that fit perfectly with it... :wink:

Very good and accurate model, and very good decal work! I really like the detail on the canvas, especially that the stack of 1x1 roundies is bent a little. Yes, I like odd little details :classic:

Thanks to all again.

Yes the shovels are... playmobil :wink:, they fit perfectly to the T1. I want to try to replace with the Fabuland ones (even if they seem to me a little bit too short).

Many thanks to all of you!

If you like my T1, please "stay tuned", next week I'm going to present something that fit perfectly with it... :wink:

Hi,

Looking forward to it!

I already commented your picture on Flickr, but this really is an oustanding MOC/MOD :thumbup:

Pickup up the Van last week so I will be building it soon. Very tempted to create your model as well.

Very nice camper van,in my opinion its much better that the Lego one. :classic:

Thanks Alasdair, I also prefer my version rather than the LEGO one, of course... :tongue:

Hello,

I've right published a short video I've made about my T1. It's a tribute to the man who created an icon from a simple sketch: the Volkswagen Transporter. He was the Dutch VW importer, Mr. Ben Pon.

Here the video

Enjoy

Norton74

Edited by Norton74