this is really amazing stuff! Happy to see that the Roman Ages are finally finding a way in the Lego-world :sweet:

Looks brilliant! I love the gradual change from construction, to finished, to covered in snow and under attack from the tribes! My favorite is definitely the snow covered one, a close second is the in-construction one.

Many thanks Lord Tyrus!

Fantastic MOCs, the first one especially is really nice, love all the bustling activity it portrays. Great job rounding off the corners of the wall too, that really turned out excellently well! :thumbup:

Thank you very much. The rounded walls were a prominant feature of the Milcastles so they really were a must!

That's a great MOC! :thumbup: I especially like the building in progress part!

Thanks very much - that's my favorite bit too :classic:

this is really amazing stuff! Happy to see that the Roman Ages are finally finding a way in the Lego-world :sweet:

Thanks very much - I love Lego's Roman themed stuff!

Gorgeus creations!

I like everything. Awesome wall and other cool features :wub:

Thanks very much Balthazar!

Also, just a post to let you all know that a full set of photos can now be found on Mocpages and Flickr.

Cheers

MW

Edited by Macsen Wledig

Outstanding piece of creation! I like how you accompanied the flow with the scenes transformation and narration. Truly a treat for our visual sights. Thank you for sharing with us.

Outstanding piece of creation! I like how you accompanied the flow with the scenes transformation and narration. Truly a treat for our visual sights. Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you very much!

Hi Macsen

I know this post is pretty old, but for a while now I've had an itch to moc myself a minifig Roman Mile Castle and my research brought me here, mind if i ask some questions about your awesome build mate ? 

23 hours ago, Stevo said:

Hi Macsen

I know this post is pretty old, but for a while now I've had an itch to moc myself a minifig Roman Mile Castle and my research brought me here, mind if i ask some questions about your awesome build mate ? 

Hi Mate,

Not problem at all; ask away.

Cheers

Dan

Ok thanks man

I am basically going to copy your build, but with maybe a few slight differences of my own ( only slightly though, as your build is perfect for mining scale, given the limitations within the Lego medium)  for example, I can see the wall is six studs deep, I could build mine five of seven stud deep, but six definatly looks "right"

I wondered at first if you had got together a bunch of base plates to build onto, but on closer inspection it looks like your base is 64 studs square?  So would I be right in saying you built up the "edge" with slopes, then put various size plates tied together underneath with 1x2x12 or similar? 

Also, regarding the base sides, I notice just after the wall finishes the base sides seem to dip a bit, why was that? 

The rear rounded corners again look perfect, and I really can't  think of a better/different way to achieve the effect, but how did you go with the tiles in the corners, surely there has to be gaps? And I don't suppose you could elaborate on how you built up the inside of the wall ( to provide a base for all the tiles)? 

Reason for all the questions mate is that this will be my first moc since I was like 9 years old or something ( 53 now)  and while I have acquired quite a few sets since returning to the hobby I don't have a stash of parts that I can draw from and will have to buy in all the elements I need ( so having as much info as possible is key, and will stop me having to buy bricks that I end up not needing) 

Thankyou again Dan for any light you can shed, and congratulations on such an epic build, I absolutely love it 

Steve