syy89

New LEGO Store openings

Same with be. May be because of the two levels - the second one is very small, just for the cash boxes.

But: There will be a second store in NYC, soon. For those, who will be in NYC in the near future. :classic:

The new Lego store in Manhattan has been open for several months, now. It is larger than the Rockefeller Center store, and even larger than many mall stores I've been to. The selection isn't larger, just more floor space. It also has a small room in back for events. There is a very cool mural in the south window, also.

One different thing is that the PAB wall is along one side rather than at the back like other stores. That means having to get out of the way more often if you're camped there filling cups. And there are a few places to put down a cup, but not the full counter like other stores. Of course the Rockefeller Center PAB wall has no counter space at all and is always crowded. Neither is real easy for PAB customers.

Announced in the last couple days by the mall in question on facebook, and signage in the mall.... Tukwila, Washington (USA), to bring one to the South end of the Seattle area.

"Summer 2015"

has anyone heard any rumors of if they'll get a store to the louisiana area? I've been wanting one here BAD ever since my first trip to one. i can't remember the year but it was when they were clearing out series 3 stock and there was a big bin of shiny new wave 4 CMF bags. So i guess that'd mean like the end of 2010 or start of 2011.

Announced in the last couple days by the mall in question on facebook, and signage in the mall.... Tukwila, Washington (USA), to bring one to the South end of the Seattle area.

"Summer 2015"

Really? That'll make three in WA - Lynnwood, Bellevue, and now Tulwila... surprising. Hope they have the usual store opening promos available. I'd certainly go for another set of WA printed minifigures.

there is a Lego Discovery Center set to open spring 2016 in the Detroit Metro area, not sure what will happen to the store already in that area, any history on this sort of event? (store exiting in same are as a Discovery Center to be opened)

Why would the other store have to close? There is a discovery center near Chicago and there are at least two other stores less than an hour from there.

well my thinking was that these locations are less then 20 min apart, and most of the Lego stores I've been to are hours away from each other (some cases states away), not minutes. but still I think you answered my question, and its likely that both locations will stay in place, which is a win for me as it basically doubles the available stock of new sets on release days :grin:

LEGO Discovery Centres are owned by Merlin Entertainment and LEGO Retail Stores are owned by The LEGO Group. They serve different purposes. LDCs have a store but their main purpose is entertaining children wtih rides, activities, food, 4D movies, hands on lessons, etc. You don't get VIP points shopping at the LDC. Although, if you have a LEGO VIP card, they may offer you a small discount.

The 3 LEGO Stores and LDC in my area less than 20 minutes apart when there is minimal traffic on the highways. During rush hour they can be an hour or two apart. :classic:

I would really like one in Swansea. I know theres one in Cardiff but thats still quite a journey to make IMO. Would be great to just catch a bus into Swansea and go LEGO shopping.

Westfield Southcenter opening in July per Southcenter's facebook.

There are other locations, notably in part of California, parts of Texas, Vancouver (B.C. Canada), New York City, and some other clusters in the Northeast U.S. that are similarly close, and frankly for this area, that makes it 20 minutes closer for me, in the case of last Saturday's LUG meeting it is significantly closer, (5-7 minutes down the road). Most of us who are closer to this location would even prefer one further south, but this puts in the the "happening" mall (i.e. major parking improvements etc in the last 5 years). That said, the place is huge and unfamiliar to me, so now I will have another mall on the list of places to figure out close parking, and restrooms to a LEGO Store.

Jobs posted on LEGO corporates site for Manager and Assistant Manager LEGO Brand Retail Store in Winnipeg. This is great news!

Edited by Brickcetra

Thanks, found it on the internet :classic:

Looks like a great shop, will definitely go there (1 hour drive)

I'm also going to Disneyland paris in March and to the lego store there

There are also ones like that in Zwolle, Ede (only open on weekdays), Delft, Breda and quite a few other places. Best thing about them: they're usually cheaper than Lego itself. But they're not official Lego stores, so no VIP points...

Looks like Providence and Westfield Southcentre are now open, along with Winnipeg. Southpark looks like is still on the way.

That would make four new stores so far this year. Wonder if there are still more to come.

Still waiting for a Louisiana one. I thought that it was 5 years and counting that I've been waiting for an là one. I was wrong. It's been at least 6 years I've been wanting one in la and 3 years, 3.5 months since my last Lego store trip.

Looks like a great shop, will definitely go there (1 hour drive)

I haven't been here on the forum for a while.

I was wondering if you already went to the store.

Not that I go there often but ... I've been there a few times, also with my niece, she love lego friends haha

Those guys are real friendly, real 'hobbiest' (hope the translation is right)

Don't know if it's normal for Lego shops but I've read in the Lego newspaper that they have a place where people can show their creations.

Hit the southcenter grand opening in Washington this past weekend. On the exclusive set day we were in line and then out the door in about 3 hours, on the minifigure day I was in and out in 40mins.

I'm surprised that the exclusive minifigure pack has just a blue background with yellow lettering on the cardboard insert. I have a previous store openings minifigure set that had Seattle skyline shot with the Space Needle. It seems this year, Lego isn't doing city specific scenes for the inserts on the minifigure packs.

I want one in the Netherlands. Or even Belgium is oké for me. I just don't want a 5 hour drive if not longer. At least im gonna visit one in vegas next year...

Just checked the LEGO Store website again. Looks like two more new stores are coming to France, including the flagship location in Bordeaux.

I want one in the Netherlands. Or even Belgium is oké for me. I just don't want a 5 hour drive if not longer. At least im gonna visit one in vegas next year...

Yeah, having to make a day-long trip (to Essen, Germany) is not exactly ideal. I suspect the same issues that cause the massively increased prices are to blame, whatever they may be.

There is one in Belgium @ Wijnechem shopping center nera Antwerp. Also one in Lille, France which is near the border with Belgium.

I like the LEGO stores, but for great deals I will not succeed there. Only the yearly releases of the modulars, exclusives and PAB walls are interesting for me.